Click column header to sort
The Associate will support the malaria, NTD and EPI programs to:- Identify opportunities for data use and digitization of national campaigns (e.g. mass drug administration, vaccination for polio, or bednet distribution), and build a plan and vision for integrated campaign digitization- Explore useful analysis and tools for decision-making that are not fully leveraged, assess the operational and financial feasibility of implementing solutions- Support operational requirements gathering, including defining and understanding needs and gaps in campaign operations, identifying areas to address through digital solutions and areas that may need parallel operations strengthening by MoH departments and local partner support- Select, enhance, and customize context-appropriate campaign tools for Benin- Promote integrated campaign tools and platforms progressively implemented with across campaign and embedded within routine health systems- Conduct routine monitoring and evaluation to understand value and impact of digitizing and integrating campaigns- Develop a sustainability plan for long-term maintenance and use of digital platforms, including use of a network of local partnersThe Associate will achieve these objectives as follows:- Engagement and coordination with MoH programs and partners- Serve as a trusted advisor to the national malaria, NTD and EPI programs- Provide day-to-day program management support to the malaria, NTD and EPI programs- Work with the MoH programs and stakeholders to develop workplans, templates, guidelines, and other material for successful project execution- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across MoH departments; implementing organizations; WHO country offices and relevant teams; local institutions; and donors- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between the government program and partner organizations in the region to ensure coordination- Execution of programmatic activities- Support the Program Manager in shaping CHAI’s overall malaria and NTD strategy for the country, participate in the development of clear operational plans for execution, and continuously identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize the impact of the Malaria, NTD and EPI programs- Identify key impediments to programmatic goals and help devise targeted solutions to solve these- M&E and communication- Liaise with CHAI’s global and regional teams to ensure strong communications and timely delivery on cross-cutting project activities- Develop resources and best practices to share lessons learned across teams, and synthesize and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications- Additional responsibilities as required and assigned by the direct line manager
- Management of project tasks using best practices methodologies to ensure on time completion- Assisting in solutions research and evaluation- Coordinating project team activities to ensure timely completion of key milestones- Project scheduling, monitoring/escalation of risks (deadline and budget)- Managing project communications and documentation- Tracking of issues including assisting project teams in resolving issues- Assisting teams in project tasks including quantitative and qualitative analysis, plan creation, etc.- Training on systems, assisting with training, testing, analysis and troubleshooting- Participating in business process/department/functional group meetings to understand business needs and challenges and facilitating improvements- Documenting specifications, requirements, user manuals, procedures, and other relevant information- Other responsibilities as needed
Reporting to the Technical Advisor, Health System Strengthening, this position will work in close collaboration with the MoH to strengthen HIV and COVID-19 financing systems in Malawi, strengthen the capacity of MoH, NAC, and other stakeholders. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: - Work closely with the MoH Department of HIV/AIDS, Department of Planning and Policy Development, and the Program Implementation Unit to strengthen financial management for the GFATM grants and other HIV funding streams.- Develop tools and guidelines to monitor the budget and expenditures on a regular basis to improve the absorption rates of GFATM, Gavi and other funding for HIV and COVID-19.- Support the Program Implementation Unit to fully operationalize its updated financial management and procurement manual and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) through designing required tools and processes alongside capacity building of PIU and civil society organizations (CSOs).- Support the HIV Prevention Dialogue Committee and Technical Working Group (TWG) to discuss evidence informed priorities and financing.- Support the National Aids Commission to finalize and cost the forthcoming HIV Prevention Strategy 2020-2025 and develop a costed HIV NSP and Prevention implementation plan and strengthening in-country coordination mechanisms to monitor implementation of the NSP and Prevention Strategy.- Support the MoH/NAC in the implementation of the HIV prevention NSP priorities while collaborating with other stakeholders/ projects with common objectives.- Develop strategies for building capacity of national stakeholders to routinely undertake costing and prioritization exercises and embed a capacity building approach across the above activities.- Work closely with the NAC and DHA to identify and develop tools to improve ability to effectively coordinate and manage the HIV response as per the goals and objectives included in the HIV NSP.- Provide support to the District Health Management Teams (DHMTs) to strengthen sub-national and multi-sectoral district coordination mechanisms for HIV prevention alongside COVID-19.- Support the MoH to develop evidence-based policies and linkage systems to HIV prevention programs as well as support integration of HIV prevention M&E tools into the regular broader HIV tools.- Support the MoH to strengthen the data pipeline for COVID-19 commitments and expenditures from partners and government to enable efficient allocation of resources and targeted resource mobilization towards unfunded priorities in the national response plan.- Develop SoPs and guidelines for planning, budgeting, and management of public health emergency funds at both national and district level.- Support fund raising and resource mobilization activities/effort as assigned by immediate supervisor.- Work closely with the program team in the development of annual workplan, implement program activities as per the workplan and write a report.- Support other CHAI teams in:- Routine supply chain monitoring, review, and utilization of data for programmatic decision making;- Working with MoH and partners to map and quantify all COVID 19 commodities;- Costing of COVID-19 commodities and supply chain plans using carefully assessed assumptions and fine-tuned models;- Strengthening national planning through supporting the MoH to routinely collect, analyze and review data on COVID-19 commodity consumption through participation in the supply chain core group;- Designing of additional supply chain tools necessary to improve the use of data for decision making, including design of data collection tools, leading data collection, managing and analyzing data sets, and presentation of analyses to support decision-making.- Perform any other duties assigned by the Technical Advisor, Health System Strengthening.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key elements and building-blocks of the ABDM ecosystem and leverage this understanding to drive adoption of ABDM across stakeholders in India’s healthcare ecosystem.- Identify opportunities and strategize plans to interest and onboard Healthcare Service Providers, Hospitals, Healthcare Software vendors or other such entities by leveraging the ABDM Sandbox environment.- - Develop and execute onboarding plans for these integrating entities based on factors such as volume of user-base of entity and ease of technical and functional integration with the ABDM.Leverage institutional knowledge from NHA and CHAI ecosystems to fast-track integrations and subsequent expansion of the ABDM ecosystem by mediating cross-functional knowledge-sharing sessions and acting as a catalyst in the required capacity.- Drive initiatives to strengthen and leverage the use of ABDM created registries at appropriate level to create single source of truth in respect of clinical establishments, healthcare professionals, health workers, drugs, and pharmacies- Improve uptake of ABDM among citizens by identifying levers that can be utilized to build citizen-engagement, specifically by analyzing approaches taken during the pilot phase and the obstacles faced.- Draft and review consultation papers, policy briefs, press releases and other such documents for the NHA as per the guidance of NHA leadership- Support the team with identification of the right KPIs and building of monitoring dashboards to enable effective programmatic decision making by training the implementation teams at both state and national levels- Build capacity within government for evidence-based management, including through day-to-day joint tasks and deliverables as well as trainings to key stakeholders at the national and sub-national level on various aspects of the ABDM.- Facilitate key meetings/events such as trainings, state coordination meetings, IT workshops etc. as per guidance from NHA leadership.- Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact.- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors, and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort- Perform other responsibilities as requested by country leadership.
- Lead and support HIV, and HIV related programing including cervical cancer and ensure that project activities are aligned to the needs, in keeping with optimal diagnostic/treatment practices, and operational feasibility within the Zimbabwean health system- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors, and NGOs, to ensure coordination of resources to facilitate consensus on process, policy, and implementation of programs. - Support MoHCC in development and implementation of national plans for key interventions including strategic and operational planning and funding mechanisms for treatment optimization, sample and results transportation, and technology selection decisions, diagnostic and treatment algorithms. - Work with various MoHCC departments, the CHAI country, and global teams to adapt and/or develop elaborate strategic and implementation plans to strengthen diagnostics services. - Work with MoHCC and other partners to advance plans for a supply chain management system for commodities, including development of supply chain tools to support accelerated product roll-out for new diagnostics for HIV. - Liaise closely with technical partners in government to monitor and evaluate interventions against objectives and targets, and compile progress reports and deliver presentations related to program activities- Represent CHAI Zimbabwe during Ministry of Health HIV, Supply Chain and Cervical Cancer technical working groups (TWG) and sub working groups meetings within the MoHCC. - Provide technical support for effective and sustainable training programs, quality assurance and data management to support accelerated roll-out for new diagnostic technologies. - Provide technical expertise to the design, set up, and implementation of quality program for diagnostic/treatment activities and monitor program performance and participation. - Provide technical support and manage roll-out of expedited patient results reporting systems for laboratory tests as well as robust patient tracking/linkage to care systems. - Drive operational and policy changes to maximize impact of diagnostic testing including testing algorithms, clinic workflow, strategic deployment guidelines for selected diagnostic technologies and efficiency of treatment service delivery models. - Assist in operationalization of other trainings, review meetings, summits, and other activities by planning and budgeting, organizing logistics, liaising with MoHCC stakeholders, and working with the operations team to make any necessary arrangements. - Provide technical advice to MoHCC on health systems strengthening related issues.- Support resource mobilization efforts and proposal writing on behalf of CHAI and the MoHCC. - Design and implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to measure the impact of key HIV interventions implemented by CHAI. - Support CHAI senior management as a strategic partner for all CHAI related new initiatives across the different work streams and programs. - Develop program budgets and cash forecasts, and ensure activities are executed according to work plan and approved budgets; and - Provide technical input on various HIV policies and reforms.- Develop and disseminate technical guidelines and SOPs where appropriate.- Must stay abreast with global trends and best practices in the field of HIV testing and monitoring advise the MoHCC on new health/mhealth technologies, tests/treatment, products, product uptake, procurement and supply chain that impact diagnostic/treatment services including pharmacovigilance.- Develop proposals to build capacity of MoHCC and increase sustainability of the aforementioned activities, including budgeting and proposal writing.- Conduct other activities as required.
Responsibilities of the position span Program management, strategy development and execution, and grant development and management, technical assistance, and management of a team: S/he will be responsible for - Oversee all aspects of CHAI Zimbabwe’s Access programs portfolio, including goal setting, planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and reporting.- Actively support their teams to develop strategic work plans and monitor progress, identifying challenges and supporting the identification of solutions.- Proactively identify and communicate to the Country Director developments in the internal or external operating environment that may have an impact on grant outcomes.- Identify opportunities and pursue new areas of work and partnerships that will have added dramatic and leveraged impact on health outcomes for patients- Navigate political complexities to build and maintain strong working relationships with senior stakeholders in government, local partners, and NGOs, and ensure coordination of resources and efforts- Work with Ministry of Health to develop capacity and create sustainable systems to ensure ongoing access to the most effective diagnostics and treatment nationwide post project transition period- Assume an active role in supporting the development of national policies and strategic plans that enable more effective delivery of health services.- Manage and coach program staff, establishing clear performance goals, and ensure grant deliverables and government milestones are delivered on time and are of high quality- Conduct performance appraisals as well as real-time feedback sessions to provide guidance and mentorship to program managers and staff.- Develop, monitor, and effectively manage program budgets ensuring that activities are executed according to the work plan and approved budgets- Lead the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems to measure impact and assess progress against project goals- Support and review key analyses on major program deliverables including identifying project risks and help develop solutions.- Develop and present progress reports for internal and external stakeholders including MOH, and donors- Support the Country Director in refining CHAI Zimbabwe’s Access strategy and continually identify opportunities to add value and maximize impact based on the organization’s core strengths.- Work closely with the Country Director to support development of grant proposals and business development.- Develop detailed workplans and preliminary budgets based on grant frameworks.- Work collaboratively with other program teams at CHAI to identify and advance opportunities and synergies for program collaboration.- Represent CHAI in key strategic and technical meetings.- Build and maintain institutional capacity and identify and facilitate opportunities for inter-program knowledge sharing including knowledge management.- Lead effective collaboration and coordination with any local project partners, sub-grantees involved in the program delivery.
- Under guidance of NVBDCP and sector specialists, review existing M&E systems, vector surveillance tools and indicators in use by the government and relevant partners; identify sources of data available and flow of information. Identify key bottlenecks towards achievement of National and state goals for overall management of VL, LF and other VBDs.- Facilitate development of tools for monitoring performance of sentinel site data and vector surveillance for actionable guidance to states and various stakeholders.- Facilitate in project monitoring and surveillance reports as required, in collaboration with MOH, NVBDCP, TSU and other VBD staff/stakeholders; identify implementation risks, and proactively propose mitigating solutions.- Support the TSU team in operationalising and integrating the analytical framework with existing government systems.- Facilitate development of indicators/templates for report/dash boards/scorecards as per project requirement on monthly or quarterly basis for sharing with states and other stakeholders for VBDs surveillance.- Support TSU in coordinating with partners, donors, agencies, and ministries for programmatic interventions vis-à-vis vector surveillance issues and knowledge building/sharing.- Undertake periodic visits to States/UTs and districts to review data quality, identify challenges and address gaps.- Support in design and implementation of innovative approaches and recommendations to address key surveillance gaps in the programs at the national and state level.- Recommend newer areas for studies/research in coordination with partners, organizations, academic institutes and establish research linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration.- Support planning and commissioning project reviews, communicating the review’s results and undertake follow-up actions.- Support NVBDCP in building capacity at the national and state level to enable efficient and effective programming through the development and institutionalization of evidence driven solutions.- Support NVBDCP in assessment and optimization of its laboratory and diagnostic facilities. Provide recommendations to its further enhancements and effective use to include newer diagnostic technology and forecasting.- Coordinate regular program review meetings, technical workshops, and task force meetings.- Undertake any other duties as requested by the TSU Lead/Director and other sector specialists.
- Lead and execute, under the guidance of the State Team Lead, the process of strategy formulation for the Immunization programme in Bihar to support GoB achieve its programme outcomes timely and effectively- Design, validate and drive innovative interventions for enhancing evidence-based decision making for the immunization programme in Bihar- Develop and implement strategies for improving immunization data availability & accuracy- Develop transformative programme review mechanisms to drive performance- Leverage & integrate multi-modal immunization & other public health data and field insights to deliver evidence-based insights for internal & external immunization programme strategy- Support key government and public health stakeholders in long term planning & programme review as well as short term decision making for immunization through advanced data analytics, predictive modelling, situation analysis etc.- Lead, guide, and mentor a high-powered strategy team capable of designing and delivering impactful solutions in swift timelines- Lead the strategic & operational planning for the Immunization programme and undertake regular strategy reviews for course correction- Ensure strategic alignment across sub-teams. Identify opportunities for collaboration and resource optimization across the Immunization programme team interventions- Build effective and functional relationships with immunization partners in the state to identify synergies- Support CHAI leadership in managing donor & grant, operations, and finances of the programme to meet deliverables within the appropriate timeframes- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state- Perform other responsibilities as requested by Immunization Program State Team Lead
- Support the identification of priority blocks/districts for intensive coverage improvement efforts by the Immunization team- Support comprehensive field diagnostics in identified blocks/districts and provide oversight for the creation & monitoring of block/district-specific RI coverage improvement action plans- Design, validate and drive innovative interventions for enhancing evidence-based decision making for the immunization programme in Bihar- Develop and implement strategies for improving immunization data availability & accuracy- Develop transformative programme review mechanisms to drive performance- Ensure effective and regular engagement of the project with critical government immunization stakeholders at the state, district, and block levels- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state- Perform any other responsibilities as requested by the supervisor
- Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact projects- Provide research and analytical support- Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI's work- Develop influential presentation materials that work for varying audiences- Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences- Build and manage relationships with key individuals in the Ministry of Health, senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, other NGOs, and relevant partner organizations- Identify potential areas of additional support in existing and new focal countries- Design models to assess new opportunities to improve or expand pharmaceutical access programs in the developing world- Develop clear communications materials based upon analyses- Perform other tasks as necessary