Click column header to sort
- Collaborate with country teams in designing research protocols, ethics applications and standard operating procedures- Assist with the development of data collection, management and analysis tools and templates, including survey tools, observation tools, interview tools, and databases, to ensure rigorous data collection, validation, and analysis for improving research implementation- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans through reviewing work plans, reports, organizing and participating in field visits- Support the design and implementation of ongoing quality assurance measures for all electronic and paper data collection activities- Conducting routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of research data- Developing and maintaining program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation- Compile, synthesize and analyze large datasets- Produce compelling presentations and reports and other program materials to ensure effective program execution- Support AMBIT team in presenting study results to key stakeholders and support publication and dissemination thereof- Perform any other duties assigned
Scoping (15%)- Work with malaria programs, MoH informatics units, and CHAI regional and country teams to understand technological and non-technological requirements for improving malaria surveillance data quality, access, including the monitoring of epidemiology, vectors, data quality, and case management indicators- Develop and document coherent and technology-appropriate software and hardware specifications for meeting user requirements across countries and regions (including DHIS2-appropriate specifications) for user workflows, data collection forms, dashboards, systems integrations, and other platform components as needed, in line with programmatic objectives and data use needs- Play a translational role in communicating technical approaches, user requirements and software/hardware specifications to non-technical staff within CHAI and ministries of healthTechnical Project Management and Support (35%)- Work with external developers to communicate requirement needs and priorities; test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionality to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications; oversee developers and make sure deadlines are met- Directly configure, update, and thoroughly test system set ups as needed, particularly for DHIS2, Reveal, and common geo-registry systems, including updates to users, locations, data elements, indicators, and dashboards based on country’s requirements and feedback from users.- Develop testing templates and lead end to end testing processes of information systems, including robust user testing, to ensure systems works smoothly before implementation.- Lead stress tests, system customizations, and run tests on data integrity and continuous integration of releases.- Support systems integration as neededTechnology Implementation and Training (35%)- Assist with capacity building for government staff and system institutionalization by developing manuals, SOPs, training materials; help train global, country and program staff in the use of information technology- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within malaria programs by monitoring and strengthening the quality of data inputs, refining analytical outputs, and developing context-appropriate strategies to strengthen the usage and analysis of data by the malaria program- Proactively identify gaps and challenges with system uptake and performance; identify and support execution of both technical and operational solutions improve system institutionalization- Work actively and closely with CHAI teams and government stakeholders to design and implement M&E plans to routinely assess the performance of digital solutions, as part of broader program M&E plansOther (15%)- Provide thought partnership, guidance, and hands-on support to non-malaria CHAI teams in the GMS region working in cross-cutting digital health initiatives- Knowledge management - manage and develop resources, guidelines, and other material to provide guidance to and share lessons across teams- Other responsibilities as needed
- Lead and drive the success of CHAI’s malaria and NTD program in Benin including setting the vision and goals, prioritizing resources, and developing country-specific work plans - Proactively monitor and manage execution of CHAI’s malaria and NTD program in Benin to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget - Identify and problem-solve challenges in meeting objectives including internal and external conflict resolution, budget constraints, and other operational challenge and apply strategic and critical thinking to adjust objectives and activities accordingly - Build strong relationships with stakeholders from government, partner organizations and local institutions to facilitate coordination, problem solving, alignment of objectives and delivery of results - Work closely with CHAI’s regional technical teams and managers to identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed- Demonstrate leadership and directly manage all members of the CHAI Benin Malaria and NTD team - Synthesize results and communicate them internally and externally at national and regional venues through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications- Oversee the operational and financial management of the country program, including budget planning and reporting, as well as leading the finalization of CHAI’s corporate setup in Benin. This may include the need to serve on the local Board of Directors of the CHAI Benin entity and act as the point person for vendor relationships- Act in an official signing capacity as the official CHAI, Inc. representative in Benin with the government - Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Provide technical and operational support with designing, planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating vector control interventions and corresponding entomological surveillance. This will include:- Work directly with governmental malaria programs to identify operational gaps and devise context-appropriate, evidence-based solutions- Collaborate with governmental staff and the Pan American Health Organization to identify key impediments to malaria elimination- Support efforts to strengthen and optimize entomological surveillance and insecticide resistance monitoring through development of technical guidelines, training materials and training of technicians- Help develop operational plans, operating procedures, and associated training materials for vector control activities- Support collection of entomological, insecticide resistance, LLINs durability and residuality IRS monitoring data, analysis, interpretation and their use to inform decisions- Support government efforts to establish routine systems and processes to track the coverage and use of vector Control Interventions- Serve as a trusted adviser to government on issues related to vector control and entomological surveillance, specifically to translate corresponding normative guidance and field-informed evidence into practical programs. Developing and/or updating vector control technical content in national strategic plans, global fund proposals, guidelines, and policies, operational plans, training materials and reporting tools- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in country- Support with dissemination of data and learnings via publications and summary decks to internal and external audiences- Other responsibilities as needed
- Serve as the focal point and knowledge center for MoH and external partners on CHAI’s support on CHW networks, foci management teams, and new tools for vivax radical cure in Panamá- Serve as focal point for case management within CHAI Panama through the design, implementation, and supervision of case management interventions- Identify systemic bottlenecks in the MoH’s processes and develop novel tools and strategies that can be implemented at the subnational level- Lead routine data consolidation and presentation of results on case management service coverage and progress towards elimination targets in sub-national geographies- Conduct ministry and external partner stakeholder mapping and interviews to collect information related to coordination between government units for procurement and registration processes- Build expertise on vivax radical cure tools and dissemination of evidence through providing technical support to the MoH for the planning and implementation of partner coordination meetings and workshops- Lead development of evaluation reports and evidence dissemination presentations and meetings in coordination with ministry and external partners- Lead implementation of projects in coordination with the MoH to strengthen case management and radical cure: develop project plans and materials, support coordination of activities, monitor progress, evaluate results, and ensure communication between partners- Track CHAI grant position-relevant deliverables and support donor reporting processes- Coordinate with CHAI subnational team to simultaneously provide targeted support and relay implementation feedback to central level- Represent CHAI in external meetings to provide project updates and technical guidance on safe radical cure activities- Support MoH in developing or revising case management training materials, job aids, guidelines and other materials as required for trainings for central and sub-national level staff - Other duties as assigned
- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Conducting thorough market assessments for priority products and services- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key products- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, business cases, etc.)- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities in order to move forward market-shaping discussions- Other responsibilities as needed
Scoping and Strategic Leadership (15%)- Lead scoping activities on digital health solutions to further diagnostics and lab management goals. Work closely with CHAI teams and external organizations to identify and document challenges and use cases for digital products, existing systems, information flows, infrastructure, and stakeholders.- Drive the development of a digital diagnostics strategy for the organization. Support the development of country-specific government data systems and management strategies. Advise on strategies and systems for collecting, reporting, storing, cleaning, and analyzing data.- Establish and cultivate relationships with other CHAI teams and in-country partners working on technology, data, and/or surveillance work, to inform CHAI activities, guide country strategies, and collaborate with stakeholders to achieve program objectives.Requirements Gathering and System Design (20%)- Elaborate and document coherent, context-appropriate, and technology-appropriate requirements in partnership with Ministry of Health (MOH) programs, end users and CHAI staff, co-designing solutions with users where applicable. Requirements may include system architecture, form designs, automated data outputs (dashboards, reports), user roles, systems integrations, and usability.- Play a translational role in communicating technical approaches, user requirements, and software and hardware specifications to non-technical staff within CHAI teams, MOHs, and donorsTechnology Project Management (20%)- Select, liaise with, and manage sub-contractors (software developers) to build and configure applications and integrations according to the defined requirements and timelines- Create and manage project plans with CHAI teams and MOHs, including project management processes and communications to progressively design, develop, and test systems and tools- Manage ongoing tracking and prioritization of software development activities. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify challenges and roadblocks, and develop contingency plans.- Test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionally to ensure solutions are being developed according to specificationsTechnology Implementation and Training (20%)- Work actively with CHAI teams and government stakeholders to develop and implement system roll-out plans, including M&E plans to routinely assess the performance of digital solutions.- Drive and support technical set up, user testing, training, supervision, monitoring, issue escalation, and transition of product ownership for all country-level implementations- Develop manuals, SOPs, and training materials to support implementation; help train global, country and MOH program staff in the use of information technology- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within MOHs by supporting CHAI country teams to monitor and strengthen the quality of data inputs, refine analytical outputs, and develop context-appropriate strategies to strengthen the usage and analysis of data by MOH programsTechnical Support (20%)- Assist in the configuration of data collection, management, reporting, and analysis tools as needed (both mobile and web-based). Update and thoroughly test tool set ups, including updates to users, organization units, data elements, indicators, data collection forms, and dashboards based on requirements and feedback from end users- Provide ad-hoc support to teams, particularly with data management and visualizationKnowledge Management (5%)- Ensure up-to-date documentation is in place to support roll out and maintenance of digital products- Develop resources, guidelines, and other material to guide and share lessons across teams- Document lessons learned on technical products for CHAI-wide or global sharing
- Organize, clean, manage, and integrate different types of datasets, including epidemiological, demographic, intervention, and geospatial data;- Design and conduct statistical and spatial analyses (descriptive analyses, regressions and other relevant methods), and interpret results to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease patterns, and inform strategic and operational planning;- Lead or provide technical guidance and thought partnership on the implementation of operational research projects related to surveillance, intervention effectiveness, and entomology, including question development and prioritization, formulation of research protocols, study design, sample size calculation, formulating and digitizing data collection tools, data validation and cleaning, biostatistical methodology, and data visualization;- Provide technical guidance and thought partnership on the design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs, and analyze M&E indicators to inform progress;- Synthesize and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications;- Develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with relevant CHAI team members, academic institutions, and other partners;- Contextualize analytics work through review and synthesis of peer-reviewed and grey literature;- Document and apply lessons learned, formulate training materials, and lead individual or group trainings when requested to promote integration of analytics and data use with routine programmatic activities;- Any other tasks required.
- Oversee all front desk activities; welcome and direct visitors to CHAI’s Boston office- Provide professional oral and written communications to internal and external stakeholders; respond promptly to general email inquiries- Answer and direct incoming phone calls and monitor CHAI’s voicemail daily- Coordinate all domestic and international mail, package and shipping activities; receive, sort and distribute all mail and packages to various Boston-based staff- Assist in the planning, coordination, logistics and execution of meetings and events- Perform basic facilities management functions, including but not limited to regular monitoring of office equipment and replenishment of office supplies- Maintain directories and seating charts for Boston-based staff and all vendor contacts- Assist in preparing Boston office service related invoices for payment- Assist the other Boston departments in the completion of daily processing tasks and special projects- Other administrative functions as required
- Serving as a trusted adviser to CHAI country teams and regional technical leads, and national malaria programs, on issues related to malaria entomology;- Developing and leading the execution of CHAI’s entomological strategy;- Working through CHAI country teams to support malaria programs with developing their entomological strategies, including understanding key programmatic questions, consideration (and deployment, when relevant) of new approaches, data collection oriented to answering programmatic questions, and making vector control decisions based on entomological data;- Answering questions from CHAI teams and malaria programs related to the bionomics of key malaria vectors across Sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia, and Mesoamerica;- Staying abreast of WHO technical guidelines and the latest scientific advances regarding malaria entomology, and translating scientific evidence into country programmatic decisions, standard operating procedures, data collection forms, manuals, and guidelines;- Understanding novel and traditional malaria vector control tools, and advising on the entomological data that would support introducing and monitoring these tools;- Supporting CHAI country teams and government programs to implement strong systems for vector control insecticide resistance monitoring;- Identifying key impediments to achieving entomological programmatic goals and helping devise targeted solutions to them;- Providing technical support for conducting programmatic entomological activities of malaria vectors including, but not limited to, capturing vector species, biting and resting behavior, oviposition, breeding dynamics, and susceptibility to insecticides;- Providing technical and operational support for the implementation of entomological and vector control studies including, but not limited to, guidance on best practices for collecting larval and adult vectors, preserving and transporting samples, selecting survey or sentinel sites, evaluating the quality of indoor residual spraying, measuring the residual efficacy of insecticides, and the timing of such studies;- Participating in the analysis and interpretation of entomological data collected routinely or during entomological surveys;- Supporting strong entomological data management, including integration of entomological data into malaria information systems and deployment of digital tools as appropriate;- Developing malaria program budgets for entomological infrastructure and surveillance activities;- Synthesizing results in slide decks and reporting and communicating them within CHAI;- Leading trainings for CHAI teams and country programs on entomology best practices and new information;- Representing CHAI at external technical meetings, acting as the face of our organization to academic/technical partners, including via the dissemination of findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications;- Building strong relationships with stakeholders across governmental, non-governmental, public health, and academic organizations;- Working with CHAI's technical teams, country teams, and regional managers to develop and implement coordinated program support; and- Any other tasks identified.