Click column header to sort
- Co-ordinate and monitor implementation of programmatic activities at the state level, including but not limited to, working with, and engaging with the program field team to plan activities, monitor implementation, and review progress.- Identify potential risks and challenges to the implementation and roll-out of activities and plan for / implement suitable mitigation mechanisms to address identified risks.- Lead the design and implementation of processes and systems for collection, management and review of programmatic data and results to monitor progress and inform strategy.- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with relevant government stakeholders, development partners, and other stakeholders.- Synthesize and document key learnings, and support dissemination to key stakeholders through reports, briefs, presentation decks and other collaterals as needed.- Conduct extensive primary and secondary research including literature reviews, field surveys and interviews with a comprehensive range of stakeholders, with the aim of understanding the ecosystem for delivering T1D care and key barriers to access.- Support development of compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders, such as progress narratives, update notes, etc.- Support program leadership in donor and grant management and managing the operations and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate timeframes.- Support with other responsibilities as requested by the program leadership.
- Conduct extensive secondary research including literature review, primary research including field surveys and interviews with a comprehensive range of stakeholders, with the aim of understanding the ecosystem for delivering T1D care and key barriers to access.- Synthesize and document key learnings, and support dissemination to key stakeholders through reports, briefs, presentation decks and other collaterals as needed.- Lead the design and implementation of processes and systems for collection, management and review of programmatic data and results to monitor progress and inform strategy.- Co-ordinate and monitor implementation of programmatic activities, including but not limited to, working with, and engaging with state program teams to plan activities, monitor implementation, and review progress.- Identify potential risks and challenges to the implementation and roll-out of activities and plan for / implement suitable mitigation mechanisms to address identified risks.- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with relevant government stakeholders, development partners, and other stakeholders.- Support development of compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders, such as progress narratives, update notes, etc.- Support program leadership in donor and grant management and managing the operations and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate timeframes.- Support with other responsibilities as requested by the program leadership.
- Provide technical guidance on data science and analytics to the Ministry of Health's M&E unit.- Conduct regular data analysis, synthesis, and presentation of findings to support strategic decision-making of program teams.- Provide technical guidance on the development of health program performance dashboards, reports, and performance indicators based on existing data sources.- Strengthen the capacity of the M&E team in data management, analytics, and presentation using various data tools and software.- Collaborate with various health program teams to develop and implement data-driven decision-making approaches to improve health program performance.- Support data quality and accuracy by implementing standard data management processes and procedures.- Analyse and interpret data from different sources, including surveys, routine Health Management Information System data, and other data sources.- Lead in the development of data products such as heat maps, graphs, and other visuals for easy communication of data.- Provide regular feedback to MoH M&E unit management on program performance using data and analytics.- Support HRTT analysis and report development and use of data.- Actively participate and provide technical support in different evidence generation and use initiatives assigned by MoH M&E unit leadership. - Perform any other duties as may be defined by the program manager.
Employee Relations (30%)- Receive complaints from employees and others. Plan and execute confidential investigations, as assigned, of alleged harassment, bullying, discrimination, abuse and exploitation, and other misconduct. Write investigative reports for Global HR leadership and summaries for CHAI leadership.- Provide senior-level counsel on employee relations issues, organizational and workforce development, compensation, procedure and policy interpretation, host-country compliance, and recruiting and retention strategies.- Coach managers and employees to resolve complex employee relations issues, promote career development, improve productivity and morale, and address concerns and disputes.- Under the guidance of their supervisor, serve as Focal Point for issues pertaining to CHAI’s Global Code of Conduct and the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse & Harassment (PSEAH).- Develop programs to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity, and increase retention. - Guide managers and country leadership on performance improvement and discipline, up to and including termination. Compliance and HR Operations (30%)- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures and oversee development of and updates to country employment manuals.- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements and considerations related to the management of employees and implements measures to reduce risks and manage compliance. Counsel Global HR staff and regional and country management on host-country compliance.- Provide guidance to assigned country teams on compensation and equity, HR procedure and policy interpretation, host-country compliance, and recruiting and retention strategies.- Advise assigned country teams on compensation decisions by analyzing internal data and providing recommendations that align with CHAI’s compensation framework.- Work with other members of CHAI HR to facilitate employment agreements and interpret labor regulations and HR-related legal issues for country offices and international staff, research and interpret overseas labor laws, perform and support HR audits, and support reviews and changes to HR-related manuals and documents.- Anticipate and proactively research legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, to help reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance. Partner with Contracts department and Global Operations team as needed and provide guidance to managers as appropriate on a case-by-case basis.- Work with members of Global HR team to complete administrative work related to HR processes including contract renewals, payroll changes, etc. in a timely manner.- Design, plan, and implement HR services, practices and protocols.- Participate as needed in recruitment, hiring, and onboarding. Professional Development, Training & Workforce Planning (20%)- Develop HR strategies and programs to support CHAI’s mission, vision, and values.- Establish and maintain strong relationships with regional, country, and HR leaders, as well as managers, to promote HR best practices and collaborate on strategies that meet both local needs and Global HR mandates.- Develop work plans to promote productivity, effectiveness, and program success, and to address succession planning and country team restructuring.- Develop tools and standards towards building HR and programmatic capacity and continuity.- Lead learning and development activities to promote a respectful workplace, talent development, management skills, and other capacity building needs. Develops, facilitates, and delivers training, and trains trainers. Employee Experience (20%)- Creating ways to measure and assess engagement (for example, surveys).- Designing approaches to communications which provide an employee voice.- Reviewing management practices and their impact on the employee experience.- Creating proactive approaches to well-being in the organisation to drive physical and mental well-being.- Building a culture of trust.- Assessing the impact that people practices and policies have on the employee experience.- Contributing to the design of the Employee Experience framework by defining new or enhancing current policies, procedures, tools, and processes.- Supporting managing an effective onboarding and orientation of new and transferring staff members to the organization.- Actively participating in human resources projects and implements employee engagement initiatives.
- Under the guidance of the Sr Manager EM & O2, co-create and monitor the strategic direction and implementation of the EM & O2 programme and ensure consistent improvements in equitable access to medical oxygen through government-led initiatives.- Develop critical insights on programme goals, focus areas (such as prevention, diagnosis, access, health systems strengthening etc), and focus geographies while synthesizing these with project impact and effectiveness for instrumental action by programme leadership.- Support the Sr. Manager to provide overall project management and oversight by devising and running programme management tools to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and on budget while working and coordinating with state leads and the central team.- Lead the development of programme communication approach and collaterals for external stakeholders such as government, donor, and partners for furthering programmatic and organizational outreach objectives.- Optimize and manage the donor engagement cadence for timely and impactful outcome from key meetings, workshops, and field visits.- Support the Sr. Manager EM & O2 to develop evidence-informed new initiatives for hypothesis testing, demonstrations, and scale within the ambit of existing grants and for actively writing and converting proposals for new grants.- Capacitate and mentor team members on identified aspects which aid their growth journey at WJCF while helping them contribute more effectively, identify talent and team needs, and support the Sr. Manager in recruitment of new team members.- Work with leadership to identify new areas for achieving coverage and equity goals.- Undertake any other duties as requested by the programme leader.
- Translate technical topics in health financing and health systems strengthening and tailor to different audiences- Produce relevant policy reports and use these reports to advise Ministries of Health, leveraging existing literature and implementation experience from countries around the world- Advise on relevant research and evidence needed to inform policy and program interventions per the Ministers’ strategic priorities- Support communications and advocacy efforts for strategic priorities including advising on strategic communications plans- Connect Ministries of Health with relevant experts at leading global and regional institutions, and facilitate dialogue between parties- Follow key trends in the global health financing landscape, ensuring that the best available evidence is being leveraged in policy discussions- Perform any other tasks as may be required by the Minister’s office
Support the Market Shaping team to:- Leverage industry experience to guide strategic decisions to implement robust LOX supply strategies, with consideration for existing market and production capacity.- Prepare analysis and recommendations for LOX business models, incorporating investment cases for private sector suppliers.- Identify business opportunities and developing detailed costing and ROI analyses for new projects or investments.- Stay informed on emerging technology and research and market developments in the field, both nationally and internationally, and disseminate this information to the broader team.- Advise on the development of contracts with LOX suppliers, operators, and related vendors.Support the Engineering team to:- Develop and provide evidence-based updates to technical specifications for all equipment, services, and components related to LOX equipment and services. This includes (but is not limited to) LOX storage vessels and Vaporizers, high-pressure liquid-to-gas filling stations, LOX transport vehicles, medical gas piping systems, compressors, cryogenic pumps, construction modifications, and other related technology. - Review technical documentation related to the design, planning, acquisition, installation, commissioning, and ongoing operations of LOX projects. This includes (but is not limited to) oxygen supply strategy, site readiness assessments, selection and configuration planning, tank and vaporizer sizing, tender solicitations, etc.- Leverage professional network to connect CHAI with relevant external stakeholders for knowledge exchange on technical and quality topics for medical LOX systems.- Work with both global CHAI Global Essential Medicines engineering and country technical teams to ensure timeliness and completeness of project deliverables.- Respond to technical inquiries on LOX system requirements from internal and external stakeholders and provide thought partnership as an expert focal point for troubleshooting and mitigating project related risks required in CHAI focus countries.- Advise field personnel during the pre-construction phase, deployment phase, and start-up phase (remotely or in person at the job site) Support the Procurement team to:- Review, research and evaluate the technical dossiers of component suppliers, original equipment manufacturers and vendor solicitation proposals related to LOX projects, including P&IDs, equipment specifications, product brochures, databooks, civils layout drawings, BOQs, piping specifications, installation manual, maintenance manual, etc.- Collaborate with vendors as necessary to address project scope and equipment requirements clarifications, ensuring all LOX products and services on offer meet all applicable internationally recognised codes and standards. - Coordinate and oversee in process Third party inspections by Authorized Inspection Authority (AIA) inspections of LOX equipment and associated services to ensure vendors are maintaining compliance to appropriate equipment performance and quality related standards during projects.Support the Knowledge Management team to:- Develop technical guidance documents and materials for LOX systems application; supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production and use of LOX equipment, services and ancillary system needs.- Assist with the development of LOX-related technical knowledge management materials (Thought pieces, operating procedures, Toolkits, FAQs, lessons learned, videos), and facilitate forums to ensure it is effectively disseminated and used across CHAI country programs and global oxygen community.- Review training materials and curriculums proposed by vendors for biomedical engineers, and technicians involved with LOX system planning, installation, operations, maintenance, as well as quality, safety, and risk management.
Responsibilities:- Support designing and re-designing of program approaches, priority interventions, and activities.- Participate in the execution of the program strategy/approach at all levels of the program engagement.- Development of program evaluation assessments to identify gaps and monitor progress. - To support the Division of Neonatal, Child and Adolescent Health teams in execution of its strategy across the priority areas- To support county, sub-county and facility teams in strengthening service delivery across maternal, newborn, child and adolescent Health- To work closely with partner organizations at the national, regional and county levels in the execution of the National and county strategies . - To actively participate in identifying high-impact opportunities to improve on the care provision of children under five years across all counties in Kenya.- Provide robust data management and analytical support for the various program areas as required. - Assist with program budgeting and financial forecasts. - Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Procurement:- Support country office supply planning process and its execution- Conduct market and intranet research to ensure adequate price information, realistic in-house prices are set in the planning stages.- Liaise with all programs to ensure the country office supply and procurement plans are in place and collated.- Ensure all collated supply plans are well documented, stored and monitored for proper execution.- Support in market survey and maintain an effective and robust supplier database.- - Conduct research on open market and intranet to pre-qualify suitable vendors as need arises and ensure adequate records of these vendors.- Maintaining a chronological filing system for vendors. Ensure regular updates to the record of prequalified suppliers.- Ensure prompt update of the procurement supporting documentation into the procurement folder on Box.- Analyze vendor performance at the end of every year and recommend non-performing vendors to senior management team for appropriate actions.- Conduct due diligence checks to ensure value for money- Support program and operations colleagues in the issuance of purchase requisitions- Interact with program and operations teams in the preparation and issuance of appropriate documents i.e., supply requisitions (accuracy in the specifications, budget estimates, realistic Delivery At Terminal (DATs).- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to project or program needs.- Undertake reconciliation and adjustments of expenditures on requisitions, recording proof of delivery for Goods in Transit (GIT) updates, monitoring of contracts for closure.- Responsible for order placement of office supply and demand- Ensure alignment, material replenishment and delivery times to ensure they are on time and good condition.- Prepare the purchase orders for approved purchases by the country leadership and any other senior program managers.- Keep a record of all issued purchase orders and ensure that they are matched against vendor invoices and payments.- Prepare bidding documents, evaluation reports to senior management team, raise POs, sets realistic Deliver At Terminals (DAT) to ensure prompt delivery and keeping adequate records of all transactions- Prepare bidding documents (e.g., RFQ/RFP, Invitation To Bid) circulation same to CHAI registered vendors, conduct bid opening in liaison with Programs.- Liaise and work with the procurement committee to review and update the criteria selection for supplier selection.- Support bid tabulation, provide evaluation reports to the appropriate managers, procurement committee members, technical staff that demonstrates a transparent and effective/efficient procurement process.- Raise purchase orders (PO).- Monitor POs to ensure CHAI obtains delivery promptly and according to the set Deliver At Terminals.- Conduct pre-delivery inspection of high value POs documenting the results and filing them appropriately.- Prepare monitoring and reporting information for senior management team on status of POs and requisition on weekly basis for effective monitoring of performance indicators.- Serve as secretary to the senior management team’s Procurement/Bid Committee.- Support in knowledge management and capacity building of both supply/administrative and program colleagues- Conduct end user monitoring in liaison with program colleagues and record gaps in the process.- Support capacity development activities to colleagues and government partners related to performance monitoring, good procurement and logistic practices.- Prepare training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to supply and supply chain value.- Ensure effective implementation of annual budgets on projects and programs.- Coordinate utilization plans for annual budgets including cash flow projections for ongoing projects.- Monitor and Evaluation of procurement plans, programs, procurement records and practices to ensure effective budget performance.- Coordinate procurement audit and training programs.- Supplier Management- Coordinate the feedback and communication to all bidders to ensure an effective and transparent system that communicates positive and or constructive feedback to the bidders in a timely manner.- Develop and maintain an annual vendor list and ensure that each selected/identified vendor has an operating contract and that this contract is managed for successful performance.- Manage and handle vendor agreements, other office contracts (rent, service etc.) and contractual relationships and monitor office expenditures.- Risk Management and Communications- Proactively identify risks for fraud/fund misuse and inform Country Lead for mitigation/management.- Deal with customer complaints or issues.- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders.- Review and analyze supplier performance against purchase order/ requirements to establish relevance and performance to provide performance feedback to both CHAI Benin leadership and the supplier.Logistics:- Assist in the planning, coordination, logistics and execution of meetings and events, including coordination with external parties and organization on location, food, transportation, etc.- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Country Lead
- Serve as a thought partner and contribute to a technically sound strategic vision for how analytics, surveillance, and health information systems can be leveraged to strengthen malaria and NTD programs across the region.- Communicate effectively across a matrixed organization and, together with the Regional Manager, coordinate CHAI’s teams and resources to help governments achieve dramatic reductions in malaria and NTDs.- Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, ensure project plans are in place, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work collaboratively with CHAI country and global teams to rapidly reduce the burden of malaria and NTDs across the region.- Formulate, review, and improve quality of technical deliverables, which may include strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, analysis plans, grant proposals, or implementation updates with the intention to further CHAI’s life-saving mission.- Rapidly digest and synthesize complex technical, political and operational information to overcome program roadblocks and accelerate progress towards malaria and NTD control and elimination.- Foster strong working relationships with key stakeholders across CHAI, government, non-governmental organizations, and local institutions to promote local ownership, equity and sustainability of malaria and NTD programs.- Be entrepreneurial and identify new opportunities for CHAI to have impact, anticipate risks and be proactive in responding to them.- Support CHAI teams with the development of government and donor reports, concept notes and dissemination of successes and lessons learned.- Other responsibilities in Francophone Africa as needed.