Click column header to sort
- Work with senior leaders within Ministries of Health, Finance and Energy and CHAI Malawi to develop a national health facility solar electrification plan.- Support the Government of Malawi to coordinate donors, partners and interested financiers in the health sector in Malawi to ensure alignment, technical input and coordination around the plan.- Build a detailed costing model and associated prioritization framework for the plan, collecting granular inputs on costs and energy needs, numbers of facilities by type, etc. The model should project costs under different scenarios, and be overlaid with different financing structures, and be developed to enable site prioritization as well as financing negotiations.- Build relationships with energy service companies in Malawi, to explore opportunities for partnership with the Government to enable the project, and to support with building assumptions on costs and pricing for negotiations.- Facilitate a set of dialogues between Government and donors around defining solar electrification of different facility types, and to increase standardization of functionality of installed solar systems.- Work with CHAI Malawi’s Health Financing team to support capacity building of the Government through the process, and to build trust between private sector and Government.- Support the other countries in the program, sharing lessons learned from the Malawi project.- Interface with non-grant financiers, from development banks to DFIs to commercial banks and guarantors, to clearly communicate the project goal, risks and financing needs to any interested parties. This may require some travel outside of Malawi.- Grant management functions such as workplanning, budgeting and reporting as required for the donor, as well as other duties assigned by the supervisor and Malawi country team.
- Provide technical support to the EPI leadership, including developing strategies for integrating COVID-19 vaccination into routine immunization programs and improving overall vaccine coverage.- Work alongside the Associate Data Systems Strengthening to conduct rapid assessments of demand and supply factors using the (BESD approach) and surveys and assist with the development plans to address challenges.- Assist with the development of progress report on the implementation of the road map (following the rapid assessment) and impact on vaccination coverage of target groups.- Assist with the design and implementation of an integrated monitoring and supervision system across facilities and district.- Act as a technical officer, advising on policies and programmatic approaches to enhance routine immunization activities and integration to reach under-immunized communities, including in hard-to-reach settings.- Support the improvement of immunization data collection, reporting, and analysis processes to inform evidence-based decision-making and system strengthening.- Support the Bi-Annual convening of District immunization staff at the national to review RI and Covid program data and share implementation challenges, mitigation action and lessons.- Coordinate meetings at identified communities and liaise with local partners to reach underserved communities.- Work alongside EPI officers to conduct convening for the development, finalization and costing of the integration roadmap.- Monitor, track and provide updates on Gavi investments such as CCEs, PHU Solarization, Motorbikes and tablets by maintaining an inventory and providing information on distribution and use.- Track supervision activities, analyzing supervision performance, and use the findings from the supervision to develop improvement plans. Deploy the use of ODK for supervision tracking and reporting.- Track the regular conduct of M&E subgroup and NLTWG meetings at national and district levels.- Strengthen the feedback mechanism and coordination at the PHUs, District and National by reviewing and updating the accountability framework and TORs of responsible staff.- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, technical partners, and donors. Provide capacity building support to healthcare workers and program managers at the national and sub-national levels.- Work alongside other CHAI Vaccines teams to support the implementation of immunization projects, ensuring alignment with national strategies and objectives.- Prepare and disseminate regular reports and insights on program performance.- Work collaboratively with government bodies, internal partners, donors, INGOs, NGOs, CSOs and other partners to mobilize resources and coordinate efforts for improving routine immunization coverage.- Develop comprehensive and compelling content for reports, presentations, and other communication materials to provide detailed program updates.- Execute any additional tasks or projects as directed by the Program Manager to support program objectives and operational efficiency.
- Support the establishment of CHAI operations across districts as it relates to the EPI program.- Liaise with stakeholders to evaluate national immunization commitments, workplan specifically focusing on the introduction of the new malaria vaccine into the immunization schedule.- Collaborate with the EPI and NMCP national and district team to pinpoint and delineate the strategy for the district, crafting a precise operations plan for vaccine introduction.- Support and engage in advocacy efforts targeting political and traditional leaders at national and local levels to promote awareness and support for the malaria vaccine introduction- Support the establish and sustenance of DHMT TWGs across all districts to facilitate the successful implementation of the malaria vaccine introduction initiative until the 4th dose.- Support formative research on Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice (KAP) regarding malaria and immunization, and disseminate findings to inform vaccine deployment strategies.- Support the DHMT team in liaising with National EPI and NMCP to ensure that required commodities, especially those pertinent to the malaria vaccine introduction, including data tools, vaccines and readiness assessment are available.- Support microplanning at selected district including validation at the national level.- Organize and manage logistics for training sessions, including Training of Trainers (ToT) and cascade trainings, printing training materials, and coordinating participant accommodations.- Draft agendas, budget, and determine overall travel schedules and logistics for meetings across district.- Lead efforts to address gaps in service delivery and bolster access to immunization services.- Engage with the government to ensure a smooth transfer of skills, fostering government ownership.- Develop and maintain robust working relationships with government entities, internal partners, donors, and INGOs, ensuring optimal coordination of resources and endeavors within the district and at national level.- Develop high quality presentations and reports for program updates.
- Provide technical guidance to establish CHAI operations at national and districts level.- Liaise with stakeholders to evaluate national immunization commitments, workplan specifically focusing on the introduction of the new malaria vaccine into the immunization schedule.- Lead the conduct of formative research on Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice (KAP) regarding malaria and immunization, and disseminate findings to inform vaccine deployment strategies and malaria elimination.- Provide technical guidance in the development of advocacy briefs and engage in advocacy efforts targeting political and traditional leaders at national and local levels to promote awareness and support for the malaria vaccine introduction.- Support coordination meetings at EPI, NMCP, Child Health program, and other relevant MOHS technical meetings such as ICC by providing technical input to ensure alignment with international best practice.- Provide input to training materials, strategic documents, donor application documents etc.- Guide the immunization program to ensure monitoring of first dose malaria vaccination to ensure minimized dropout rate up to the 4th dose.- Engage with MOH leadership to ensure institutionalization of program strategies and national health policies.- Periodically review and update guidelines based on new research findings, challenges faced, and lessons learned.- Provide technical expertise on implementation and research.- Initiate and lead special initiatives and participate in joint initiatives with other CHAI programs as agreed upon by supervisor.- Assist country teams to document and share lessons learned and best practices, including inputs on health program reports and technical publications.- Represent CHAI in academic forums, donor meetings, inter-agency working groups, and various global/regional forums as assigned by the supervisor.- Engage with the government to ensure a smooth transfer of skills, fostering government ownership.- Develop and maintain robust working relationships with government entities, internal partners, donors, and INGOs, ensuring optimal coordination of resources and endeavors within the district and at national level.- Develop and contribute content for presentations and reports tailored to provide program updates to donors and government.- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Working closely with stakeholders at Maharashtra State ABDM Office to design an effective implementation strategy for microsites’ implementation across Nagpur and Amravati districts.- Strategic planning and execution of program activities by closely working with the field team (hired by the Interfacing Agency) and managing week-to-week targets and improvising the implementation strategy (if required).- Conduct training and capacity building activities for relevant stakeholders as per program requirements.- Execute program activities and systematically monitoring progress, documenting and distilling insights and reporting for the two microsite(s) (Nagpur and Amravati) implemented in Maharashtra.- Liaising with stakeholders such as the (i) Information, Education and Communication (IEC) team at NHA, and (ii) Various ABDM-enabled IT solution providers to ensure that field team (hired by the interfacing agency) is enabled to provide up-to-date and accurate information to healthcare professionals and to ensure a smooth onboarding process.- Report all issue(s) as identified on field (technical/ procedural) to (i) State ABDM Office, (ii) NHA in a concise manner. Ensure that issues are resolved and timely action is taken.- Supporting State ABDM Office to identify and participate in medical conferences, workshops, and CME sessions to convey benefits of becoming a part of the ABDM ecosystem.- Engaging professional bodies and associations of healthcare professionals to leverage their existing communication channels (sessions, newsletters, magazines, blogposts, and such others) for spreading awareness about ABDM among their members.- Exploring other innovative ways to reach out and engage healthcare professionals to enable them to participate in India’s digital health journey.
- Working closely with the stakeholders at NHA and across State ABDM Offices to ideate, problem solve and strengthen the microsites’ implementation model.- Guide WJCF teams located across various states for supporting the microsites’ implementation as a development partner.- Develop tools and templates to standardize reporting across the microsites and enable cross learning between the teams working across different states.- Systematically monitoring progress, documenting and distilling insights and reporting them to the key stakeholders, as needed.- Working closely with communication and research partners to sharpen the articulation and methods of conveying the value proposition of ABDM to healthcare professionals.- Liaising with stakeholders such as the NHA’s HPR and HFR team, Information, Education and Communication (IEC) team and HMIS providers to ensure that field teams are enabled to provide up-to-date and accurate information to healthcare professionals and to ensure a smooth onboarding process.- Working closely with the interfacing agencies and the rest of the stakeholders to ideate, problem solve and develop new iterations to make the microsite outreach model as effective as possible.- Working closely with state ABDM officials, local healthcare professional associations and other local ecosystem influencers to complement visit-based outreach efforts with other means of engagement.- Helping set up and activate new microsites, including training and capacity building activities.- Ideate, demonstrate and scale-up new use cases for ABDM adoption across various geographies.
Technical and Programmatic - Provide technical leadership and expertise, to CHAI’s vaccines program to mainstream gender considerations into program design and implementation.- Work closely with country teams to conduct comprehensive reviews of new and existing immunization program strategies, including zero-dose reduction strategies, to identify areas where programs can be refined to be gender informed and responsive, including development of country-level program outcomes related to gender.- Develop specific recommendations on how to embed a gender perspective more effectively throughout program lifecycles, from program conception, design, implementation, M&E and research, and transition/long-term sustainability of the work beyond CHAI. - Support countries’ efforts to conduct gender analyses for in-depth understanding of differentiated health needs, design and implement gender sensitive/ transformative solutions to respond to these needs and monitor the impact of these interventions. Also support countries to take a more proactive stance on incorporating gender considerations into their immunization programming approaches.- Contribute to development of country-level and global learning agenda with a focus on gender, and lead systematic knowledge management, including distilling and documentation of learnings on best practices and barriers to integrating gender considerations in immunization programming within and across countries.- Lead the development of and provide technical guidance and quality review for gender inclusion in technical deliverables, including review of gender analysis research protocols, data analysis plans, and other documents such as reports, toolkits, conference presentations and journal articles.- Guide refinement of immunization programs based on learnings from the implementation of gender related interventions and where feasible, support the adoption of an iterative learning approach to gender interventions in-country.- Drive knowledge sharing on gender mainstreaming for vaccines internally and externally, strengthen CHAI’s sectoral influence on gender, with the goal of informing and strengthening the approach of global vaccine decision makers and partners on gender. This will include engagements with Gavi and other relevant stakeholders on topics related to gender mainstreaming in immunization, establishing a feedback mechanism where CHAI’s programmatic insights inform global best practices and vice versa.Project Management- Oversee and manage the prioritization, planning and execution of gender integration recommendations working closely with multiple global and country team members throughout the process.- Collaborate with country teams on gender components of annual workplans; support and contribute to project planning and implementation that is responsive to country needs.- Manage project-level budgets (e.g., if gender-specific grants are awarded) and provide oversight and guidance to project staff.- Support recruitment, hiring, and management of project consultants if needed to support the gender-related work.New Business Development- Provide strategic thought leadership on gender considerations for vaccine delivery and contribute to technical components of concept notes/ proposals to drive gender equality and inclusive development.- Identify new funding opportunities for gender programming relevant to CHAI vaccines delivery priorities (including opportunities for integration with primary healthcare)- Support CHAI vaccines to strategize on its unique role in gender mainstreaming in the vaccine ecosystem.Organizational Strengthening- Contribute towards strengthening CHAI’s vaccine teams’ capacity and application of pro-gender thinking to contribute to CHAI wide gender policies and practices, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) policies, and the broader organizational strategy.- Develop a plan to support and build the capacity of CHAI vaccines global and country teams on a consistent basis to build up gender expertise and skills on the vaccines team and ensure incorporation of a gender lens in the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of the program work going forward.- Design and deliver training sessions and workshops reaching CHAI staff at both global and country levels to enhance their understanding of gender issues and how they relate to immunization. This may include provision of one-on-one mentoring to key staff members, to help develop their skills and understanding in gender-responsive and -transformative program design and implementation.- Create and disseminate gender-related resources, toolkits, and best practice guidelines to support CHAI teams in integrating gender into their work.Help advance cross-disease program opportunities across CHAI including through direct participation in CHAI’s Gender Equity Network which aims to strengthen gender programming to ensure that high impact, sustainable work is being conducted to advance CHAI’s mission.- Champion the importance of a gender perspective within and outside of CHAI, connecting CHAI with external gender experts and organizations to foster collaborations, share knowledge, stay updated with the latest research and best practices in gender integration, and periodically share updates with the team to generate discussions on aspects to consider in vaccines programming for greater impact.Travel requirement- International and domestical travel, as needed and in alignment with COVID-19 related travel recommendations.
- Develop and maintain effective processes to facilitate efficient operations of HAP- Organize, plan, and execute global virtual and in person conferences and meetings- Support with scheduling calls and recording and disseminating minutes- Providing scheduling support to HAP’s Senior Director and other team members as needed- Ensure knowledge flow, including the sharing and management of information and knowledge, across HAP and broader CHAI teams to facilitate the effective operation of HAP’s program goals- Maintaining and expanding knowledge management platforms to enable information sharing across HAP sub-teams- Supporting fundraising efforts of the global HAP team- Proactively develop and maintain the operational systems, processes, tools, policies, templates, and SOPs in support of HIV Program goals- May include other activities to support program objectives in response to ad hoc requests
- Lead grant management and reporting of subgrantees and consortium partners for key HIV treatment and AHD projects.- Foster strategic collaborations with consortium partners and external stakeholders to strengthen project goals and facilitate cross-organizational coordination.- Support the financial management of CHAI subgrantees ensuring compliance with CHAI and donor requirements.- Develop and execute a comprehensive communications strategy for the THRIVE project to increase visibility of the program’s impact.- Provide oversight for the production of internal and external communication products, including webinars, presentations, case studies, newsletters, internal briefing documents, and blog posts.- Support end-to-end grant and project management for key HIV treatment and AHD grants, including donor engagement, development of grant management processes and systems, and development of reports and project proposals.- Supervise a team of 2-3 operations staff responsible for project managing key HIV and AHD grants and managing overall operations for the HAP program.- Support the HAP Senior Director and manage certain cross-cutting internal and external initiatives across the HAP Team.- Serve as the primary point of contract within the HIV Access Program for coordinating with the CHAI Communications team in the development of external materials and content related to the HIV program.- Coordinate and support HAP’s cross-team fundraising and donor engagement strategies, including new donor scoping and project managing proposal development for HIV treatment and AHD and opportunities that cut across HAP.- Any other duties as assigned.
- Serve as a thought partner and trusted advisor on strategic and operational challenges and collaborate with CHAI teams to identify solutions and strengthen programs accordingly- Foster strong working relationships and coordinate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to help program countries in Asia progress towards elimination of malaria and NTDs- Support CHAI’s country and regional teams to plan team priorities, implement activities, and measure progress against elimination goals and donor commitments- Identify opportunities, form strategies, and engage partners to expand CHAI’s areas of support and launch new programs- Create, refine, and ensure the quality of CHAI work products, such as strategic plans, technical guidelines, and analysis reports with the intention to further CHAI’s life-saving mission- Provide mentorship and management support to CHAI team members in Asia- With CHAI’s technical and country teams, develop reporting and other donor documents, including but not limited to programmatic updates, financial reports, concept notes, and proposals- Other responsibilities in Asia as needed