Click column header to sort
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns from the national patient database and share reports with relevant stakeholders at central, state and district team- Create and update reports/dashboards for various districts to analyze their performance- Input, update, compile and verify program related data from source documents in to custom designed template/MIS within required time frame- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities, and checking output using various validation techniques- Support relevant stakeholders in notifying entries in to the national patient database- Work with State PPM Lead, Operations Manager at State level and City Officers at district level- Other responsibilities as needed
Procurement- Prepare Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans for the grant. - Ensure that the grant budget is updated and is in-sync with the Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans- Track changes to the procurement as per the project need and keep in the donor and the program leadership informed of the changes- Assist the country teams with order processing and ensuring compliance to the Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans- Coordinate with the in-country team leaders and partner suppliers to ensure programmatic commodities are manufactured, shipped, and delivered in the country as per the evolving grant operational plans.- Draft RFPs for new products and commodities required by the program- Collaborate with the partner suppliers and assist them with production planning, forward looking capacity expansion and liaising with external buyers i.e., country government, implementing partners and donor organizations- Assist country teams with new product registrations, local distributor identification and negotiations- Collaborate with the country teams and the CHAI quality assurance team to ensure product breakdowns/failures are appropriately logged and reported to the suppliers. S/he will also ensure that replacement devices are shipped timely to the country teams to keep service downtime to the bare minimum.- Prepare/review shipment package (Airway Bill, packing list and commercial Invoices) and coordinate the shipment schedule (release to the logistic provider)- Coordinate with logistic providers on the shipments and assist in issue related to shipments and transit risks.- Prepare Purchase orders (PO’s) and related payment request forms following the organization’s procurement policy and guidelines.- Collaborate with procurement agencies (UNICEF) on procurement orders, planning, recording, and reportingOperations & Finance Management- Work with each of the countries to ensure timely receipt of budgets- Run validation checks on budgets received from each country, liaise with countries to populate any missing data points- Support monthly with the GL review (all countries and global teams) with a view on:- Appropriateness of expenses charged- Staff costs to ensure they are in line with budget allocation for the country- Highlight if any expense reclasses are needed and work with accounting to get those done- Support on a quarterly basis:- GL review as per #1 above- Work with countries to carry out tagging of expenses in line with the donor cost categories- Review allocation to expenses to different outputs of the program as budgeted/ agreed- Work with countries to update the Asset register- Review quarterly financial reports of key sub-contractors- Reconciling procurement related expenses with the procurement plan and corresponding entry into the books- Support on a bi-annual basis:- GL review as per #2 above- Consolidate all countries’ GLs into the donor format
- Support Government of Punjab in strengthening Maternal and Child Nutrition Programs in the state, with a specific focus on addressing anaemia.- Build strong relationships for CHAI with strategic and key leaders within the state health systems (including but not limited to Department of Health), NGOs, developmental partners, and other relevant allied bodies.- Hold discussions with government officials and development partners on a regular basis to understand the state’s context and identify key challenges/ areas of improvement in the existing anaemia control programs.- Develop comprehensive strategies and operational plans for replicating best practices and/ or piloting new approaches and interventions to address the burden of anaemia in the state.- Access government data systems to identify key data points and develop data visualization tools (bulletins, dashboards, reports, and such others) for government officials to facilitate data-based decision making and reviews.- Contribute to program strategy by developing purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support in program management.- Work independently and with the team to comprehensively execute planned interventions while ensuring sustainable and continuous capacity building of key government functionaries.- Actively engage with CHAI teams in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, and other states where CHAI is supporting implementation of interventions on maternal and child nutrition to leverage learnings and strengthen/ facilitate interventions in the Punjab.- Support program reporting requirements by facilitating periodic reporting on program implementation status/ progress and key program indicators in the state.- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state and to other states, if required.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program or country leadership.
- Supports in periodic data analysis of TB program related indicators to inform programmatic decision making at the State level.- Assists the State level CHAI team in ensuring adherence to QC systems and data integrity maintenance by private sector partners.- Identifies and implements solutions to streamline data systems, data collection formats and processes for the better tracking and data visualization of DBT and PPSA key performance indicators.- Designs and develops standardized reports on MS Excel and data visualization platforms.- Facilitates State and PPSA level capacity building training on Nikshay digital platform.- Undertakes regular data analysis and supports state/district NTEP team with technical inputs on DBT implementation.- Supports in providing information and analysis to the central team for donor reporting and reports for other stakeholders.- Other tasks as requested by the Program Officer and Senior Manager.
- Work with national malaria staff and CHAI country teams to optimize and cost national malaria program strategies through building Excel-based budget models;- Conduct costing, cost optimization, and financial analyses to identify resource gaps and prioritize activities based on cost-effectiveness;- Support Ministries of Health in drafting strategies for sustainably eliminating malaria and transitioning away from donor financing, by forecasting future funding gaps, mapping and assessing funding opportunities (both innovative and traditional), and working with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance, and other partners, to integrate and/or absorb donor-funded malaria interventions to achieve sustainability;- Develop new funding proposals in collaboration with national governments;- Support governments to meet Global Fund requests and satisfy application and implementation requirements for access and distribution of funding for malaria, including budget development and re-programming, quarterly work planning and budgeting at sub-national level, and performance reporting;- Support national malaria programs to streamline financial planning, disbursement, and tracking processes to reduce impediments to implementation;- Identify key financial management impediments to programmatic goals and work with donors and country governments to devise targeted solutions to address them;- Assist national and sub-national government administrations to strengthen routine project management and planning processes to ensure effective implementation;- Collaborate with CHAI country teams, country governments, and domestic and international donors to improve financial and program management structures and processes;- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders related to malaria financing work in target countries;- Facilitate knowledge sharing between country teams in the region to ensure coordination; and share best practice;- Travel to remote regions with limited infrastructure and medical care; and- Other responsibilities as needed.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: A. At the Country level, provide strategic and programmatic support to the design and implementation of in-country work within a portfolio of focus countries:- Contribute to the design, planning and implementation of high-impact work to meet in-country grant and program objectives related to immunization management systems, in line with the program strategy- Inform country teams of developments in global practices and policies to support strategic decision making, program strategy, and implementation at the national or subnational level- Develop strong relationships with country team counterparts and provide leadership and direct technical and analytical support in furtherance of country-specific objectives and activities- Be thoughtful about what it takes to make sustainable, meaningful change in health systems in developing countriesB. At the Global level, provide strategic and programmatic support to inform the global community and to develop CHAI’s vaccines program- Inform global practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners to immunization service delivery and increase coverage & equity- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in relevant areas (ie. Gavi, WHO, UNICEF SD, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, PATH, JSI, Sabin etc.) and establish yourself as a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community- Disseminate CHAI's programmatic insights to the global immunization community to inform policy and practices- Support thought leadership and development of CHAI's vaccines program, in collaboration with program and country leadership, including program/country objectives and strategies as well as scoping and development of new grants- Provide direct technical support to the development, iteration/improvement, and dissemination of programmatic “toolkit”. Elements of the tool kits may include, but are not limited to, resource allocation and planning of outreach sessions, global policies, tools, and lessons learned- Assess progress against overall theory of change, objectives & milestones for service delivery; recommend improvements and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management- Contribute as a member of the global vaccine team to the effectiveness and collegiality of the team, help identify opportunities and improve CHAI’s vaccines program and team
- Lead program management and implementation of Project JEET across ten states- Manage a team of regional managers and state level implementation partners (sub-recipients) providing strategic oversight and support- Drive the sharing and adoption of best practices across all implementation sites- Effectively manage transition of project activities and scale-up of newer activities on LTBI across all sites- Develop review and monitoring mechanisms in coordination with the M&E and analytics team- Engage with stakeholders at various levels (national and state), including both Government and Non-Government organizations, and coordinate with them for improved program performance and delivery- Advocate for necessary support on drugs and diagnostics from the Government for successful project implementation- Oversee development and execution of workplans, progress reports, management of budgets and finances in accordance with financial covenants and procedures- Lead ideation and piloting of new ideas to improve quality of service delivery- Support Project Director in donor engagement and reporting to key stakeholders- Other responsibilities as needed
- Under this Agreement, Consultant will act as an advisory capacity to CHAI and its relevant stakeholders. Specifically, Consultant will: - Build strong relationships for CHAI with strategic and key leaders within the state health systems (including but not limited to Department of Health, Medical Education, Medical Corporation, autonomous government institutes), NGOs/developmental partners and other relevant allied bodies- Secure buy-in and support on the program on secondary prevention of cervical cancer with health leadership, concerned officials at the state and sub-state levels- Create an enabling environment in terms of policy, relationships and systems to support program scale-up ensure program goals are achieved- Support program team in implementing programmatic activities in areas including, but not limited to:- Capacity building of service providers and frontline-workers on screening and management of common cancers, specifically cervical cancer- Strengthening access to cervical cancer screening and treatment of cervical pre-cancerous lesions- Expedite decentralized deployment of treatment devices to improve access to treatment of cervical pre-cancerous lesions and enable a screen & treat approach for cervical cancer prevention- Support demand generation activities to mobilize beneficiaries for cancer screening- Support strengthening reporting and referral mechanisms to monitor program impact and ensure positively screened beneficiaries receive appropriate care and treatment; and- Other activities for successful operational roll-out and implementation of the program- Travel extensively within the state to visit health care facilities (PHC/CHC/CH/DH/GMC/TCCC) to assess and monitor health systems and effective on-ground implementation of the program- Actively engage with CHAI teams in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh and other states where CHAI is support implementation and strengthening of interventions on cervical cancer prevention to leverage learnings and strengthen / facilitate interventions in the Consultants program state- Support program reporting requirements through facilitating periodic reporting on status / progress and key indicators or program deliverables through the implementation of the program in the respective state- Undertake any other activities as asked by program leadership
- Under guidance of NVBDCP and sector specialists, review existing M&E systems, vector surveillance tools and indicators in use by the government and relevant partners; identify sources of data available and flow of information. Identify key bottlenecks towards achievement of National and state goals for overall management of VL, LF and other VBDs.- Facilitate development of tools for monitoring performance of sentinel site data and vector surveillance for actionable guidance to states and various stakeholders.- Facilitate in project monitoring and surveillance reports as required, in collaboration with MOH, NVBDCP, TSU and other VBD staff/stakeholders; identify implementation risks, and proactively propose mitigating solutions.- Support the TSU team in operationalising and integrating the analytical framework with existing government systems.- Facilitate development of indicators/templates for report/dash boards/scorecards as per project requirement on monthly or quarterly basis for sharing with states and other stakeholders for VBDs surveillance.- Support TSU in coordinating with partners, donors, agencies, and ministries for programmatic interventions vis-à-vis vector surveillance issues and knowledge building/sharing.- Undertake periodic visits to States/UTs and districts to review data quality, identify challenges and address gaps.- Support in design and implementation of innovative approaches and recommendations to address key surveillance gaps in the programs at the national and state level.- Recommend newer areas for studies/research in coordination with partners, organizations, academic institutes and establish research linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration.- Support planning and commissioning project reviews, communicating the review’s results and undertake follow-up actions.- Support NVBDCP in building capacity at the national and state level to enable efficient and effective programming through the development and institutionalization of evidence driven solutions.- Support NVBDCP in assessment and optimization of its laboratory and diagnostic facilities. Provide recommendations to its further enhancements and effective use to include newer diagnostic technology and forecasting.- Coordinate regular program review meetings, technical workshops, and task force meetings.- Undertake any other duties as requested by the TSU Lead/Director and other sector specialists.
- Provide thought partnership to program directors and managers on key success factors such as designing of team structures, aligning of talent requirement, augmenting of skills, and planning for team growth.- Act as an advisor to determine effective recruitment strategies that ensure appropriate links with succession planning and talent management processes.- Work collaboratively with Hiring Teams to determine appropriate and equitable offer terms ensuring consistent implementation of the compensation framework and practices.- Provide compensation support that includes, but is not limited to, monitoring and analyzing compensation, ensuring equity across job levels and career tracks, facilitating adherence to CHAI compensation framework, and providing relevant data to support annual compensation review.- Work closely with CHAI’s Talent Acquisition Partner to optimize CHAI’s ‘Internal Candidate Pipeline’. Inform current staff in the India office about the ‘internals process’ and provide recommendations for upward and lateral mobility within the organization.- Collaborate with India Leadership and Global Human Resource Partners to ensure onboarding is streamlined.- Provide professional development support to staff as needed, including management training, career development, guidance on delivering and receiving feedback, address employee relations issues & succession planning.- Lead the creation and implementation of staff engagement/training programs to promote organization culture.- Support staff with inward and outward transitions and manage alumni network and leverage relationships accordingly.- Provide oversight on benefits management, payroll administration, project start up and close out support, systems management and data record-keeping, leave record keeping, contract management for staff, independent contractors, and volunteers.- Work closely with Country Director and Global HR on implementation of and adherence to CHAI’s Global Code of Conduct.- Advise the Country Director and Leadership team on employee related issues, handle investigations and liaise with legal counsel for resolution as appropriate.