Click column header to sort
- Develop a detailed understanding and documentation of supplier dynamics, including market share of suppliers, pricing offered by suppliers, timelines for product development and manufacturing, timelines for obtaining quality assurance for key drugs and diagnostics, status of in-country registration of drugs, in-country dossier filing timelines, and suppliers’ development and access strategies- Analyze market trends and develop demand forecasts and uptake models for new and existing commodities and services- Liaise with the R&D team, the disease team and country teams to develop the market analysis required to support negotiations with suppliers to expedite time-to-market, reduce pricing and improve supply security- Cultivate relationships with existing and potential suppliers of drugs and diagnostics in low-and middle-income markets. Build and maintain these relationships by providingmarket insights and contacts, offering targeted support and guidance to navigate regulatory and procurement processes- Support the development and evaluation of Request of Proposals for commodities and services in collaboration with CHAI country programs and government partners- Monitor supplier compliance with contracts, global and domestic funding for product purchase, and product uptake- Prepare presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions. Present findings of analyses to internal and or external audiences- Other responsibilities as needed
- Collaborate with CHAI Zimbabwe teams, the global CHAI Essential Medicines team, the MoHCC and relevant departments, and local partners to improve oxygen delivery as a common goal- Develop and support deployment of an emergency oxygen response strategy- Develop, conduct, and analyze the results of a rapid assessment for oxygen capacity and biomedical equipment in relation to potential COVID-19 needs and scale-up for broader respiratory diseases- Contribute to the strengthening of the oxygen M&E, procurement, supply chain and equipment maintenance processes and mechanisms- Identify new opportunities for relevant engagement and actively troubleshoot issues as they arise- Envision and create a sustainable system for equipment maintenance- Analyze and draw conclusions from data, to develop and deliver influential presentations (verbal, power point, other)- Provide regular reports on progress to the Manager and the Senior Technical Advisor, and perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Serve as a thought leader, manage, and implement analytical projects related to malaria epidemiology, interventions, and surveillance, as requiredSurveillance support (45%)- Manage surveillance activities in the region, in coordination with the CHAI malaria health informatics team and with support from their manager- Support development and review of national guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and training materials for malaria surveillance activities- Measure performance and determinants of malaria surveillance systems and provide prioritized recommendations to address key gaps- Support development, integration, and institutionalization of malaria information systems, including data collection tools and dashboards- Support integration of data use and analysis in routine programmatic activities at all levels of the health systemAnalytical support (35%)- Manage and coordinate analytical projects across different technical teams related to malaria epidemiology (e.g., drivers of transmission), targeting and evaluation of interventions (e.g., Indoor- Residual Spraying, Insecticide-Treated Net distributions, health worker allocations), and surveillance (e.g., data quality audits)- Provide high-quality analytical support to CHAI regional and country teams, government staff, and relevant partners, through the planning, implementation, and presentation of highly complex analyses- Clean, organize, and merge available datasets and assess their quality and suitability for analysis- Conduct statistical and spatial analyses (descriptive analyses, regressions, and other relevant methods)- Translate analytical results to national and sub-national government partners, ensure data are used to inform strategic decisions, and influence program strategy- Provide mentorship and review for team members conducting and synthesizing analytical workProgrammatic support (20%)- Perform scientific literature review on relevant topics as needed (e.g., surveillance methods, drivers of malaria transmission, intervention effectiveness)- Formulate and deliver national and sub-national level training materials with a focus on analytical content (e.g., data management best practices, online data collection tools), and surveillance strengthening- Develop and implement M&E plans for CHAI and program activities, including monitoring and evaluating the implementation of relevant malaria interventions, and surveillance systems- Ensure sustainability and country ownership of malaria surveillance and analytics activities by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across government programs, non-governmental organizations, and local academic institutions, with support from program managers- Indirectly manage other team members in the region and support trainings for regional and country team members on surveillance, analytics, and M&E activities- Synthesize results and communicate them through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings within the region, and develop and document dissemination materials from these meetings- Any other tasks identified
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding analytical, strategic, communication and teamwork skills. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Senior Associate will report to the Program Manager, Vaccine Markets Team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:- Develop an understanding of global market dynamics and market shaping priorities to strengthen supply security and affordability of current and future priority vaccines- Generate analyses that strengthen the business case for vaccine affordability and availability (e.g., demand forecasts, uptake models and market access strategies; production development, cost reduction and manufacturing strategies)- Support the design and implementation of supplier engagement strategies- Cultivate relationships with key global health partners, donors and vaccine manufacturers- Co-lead and PMO the MIC working group under the umbrella of the WHO Immunization Agenda 2030 to advance access to immunization in Gavi-transitioning and Gavi-graduated countries and work with global and regional stakeholders to improve support to middle-income countries- Contribute to the development of market intelligence on middle-income markets and its dissemination to global health partners, investors and vaccine manufacturers- Contribute to local vaccine manufacturing and procurement efforts by providing analyses, sharing insight and technical know-how into various efforts (e.g., PAVM), incl. bilateral supplier engagements- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions- Creatively scope and initiate projects that could contribute to further improving supply sustainability and accessibility of vaccines for low-income countries- Support the development of concept notes and new projects- Any other duties as required- 25-30% international travel time would be required once situation allows
SCROLL FOR ENGLISH Responsabilités : - Fournir un soutien au MSAS, en particulier à la Direction de la Santé de la Mère et de l'Enfant (DSME), et aux parties prenantes pour réaliser une évaluation du marché ;- Collaborer avec des partenaires internes et externes pour analyser les perspectives du marché, le portefeuille de fournisseurs et les aspects économiques de production de toute une gamme de produits ;- Produire des analyses de données de haute qualité, synthétiser diverses sources de données en un produit complet et rationalisé afin d'aider les parties prenantes à réaliser des évaluations de marché complètes ;- Effectuer des recherches (y compris la revue documentaire) en profondeur sur le marché de la Santé Sexuelle et Reproductive (SSR), sur les politiques passées et actuelles, et exploiter les données disponibles et les analyses antérieures du marché ;- Conseiller le Ministère de la Santé et la Direction de la Santé de la Mère et de l'Enfant sur l'évaluation du marché de la SSR ;- Coordonner les réunions et faciliter le partage des connaissances entre les partenaires gouvernementaux et SEMA ;- Rédiger les procédures, les conclusions et les enseignements tirés des évaluations de marché afin d'informer les futures itérations de l'évaluation du NMHF et les interventions potentielles de structuration du marché ;- Appuyer la mise en place et soutenir la communauté de pratique composée de partenaires publics et privés pour échanger les meilleures pratiques ;- Construire de solides relations avec les parties prenantes au sein du gouvernement, des organisations non gouvernementales et du secteur privé pour soutenir l'appropriation de l’approche d’évaluation du marché de la SSR ;- Assumer toute autre responsabilité selon les besoins. ---Responsibilities: - Provide support to the Ministry of Health particularly the “Direction de la Santé de la Mère et de l’Enfant” (DSME) and stakeholder to conduct market assessment; - Collaborate with internal and external partners to analyze market outlook, supplier landscape, and production economics across a range of products;- Conduct background research including literature review of SRH market, past and current policies, and leverage available data and previous market analyses;- Serve as a trusted advisor to MoH/DSME on SRH market assessments;- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government partners and SEMA;- Draft procedures, outcomes, and lessons from market assessments to inform future iterations of NMHF Assessment and potential market shaping interventions; upport creation of and continued activities of community of practice consisting of public and private shareholders to exchange best practices;- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector in supporting ownership of the SRH marketplace;- Execute other responsibilities as needed.
- Support CHAI focal countries to adopt and integrate new and existing HIVST products into national HTS programs- Monitor HIV rapid diagnostic market, including generating uptake and demand forecasts, conducting research on suppliers, and tracking data on funders’ procurement plans and overall HTS strategy- Collect and collate country-level data on uptake of rapid HIV diagnostics, including procurement volumes, scale-up plans, and consumption rates- Support the Senior Manager with quantitative and qualitative analyses of market intelligence data to inform the development and implementation of supply side interventions- Develop presentations and strategy documents for/to internal and external audiences that clearly articulate and advance CHAI’s HIVST supply side strategy- Work with CHAI country teams, governments, and partners to identify funding for increased and sustainable investment in rapid diagnostic products- Develop and execute quantitative and qualitative analyses around major HIVST programmatic questions in focal countries, with support and supervision from the Senior Program Manager- Support workplanning and tracking of country activities in line with grant deliverables, including support to monthly and annual grant reporting- Provide technical support to HTS team, CHAI country teams, Ministries of Health, donors, and multilateral partners in development and implementation of evidence-based HIVST strategies- Provide additional support to country teams and grant activities as identified with the Senior Program Manager
Provide technical and operational support with designing, planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating vector control interventions and corresponding entomological surveillance. This will include:- Collaborating with the NMCP and partners to develop, pilot and roll-out digital reporting tools for Vector Control and Entomological Surveillance- Providing the NMCP with technical and operational support to optimize Larval Source Management (LSM) by strengthening operational guidance, capacity development, implementation and M&E.- Supporting efforts to strengthen and optimize entomological surveillance and insecticide resistance monitoring through development of technical guidelines, training materials and training of technicians.- Support collection of entomological, insecticide resistance and LLINs durability monitoring data, analysis, interpretation and their use to inform decisions.- Supporting NMCP efforts to establish routine systems and processes to track the coverage and use of Vector Control Interventions, including Long-Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLINs) and Larval- Source Management (LSM)- Serving as a trusted adviser to the NMCP on issues related to vector control and entomological surveillance, specifically to translate corresponding normative guidance and field-informed evidence into practical programs. This includes developing and/or updating vector control technical content in national strategic plans, global fund proposals, guidelines, policies, operational plans, training materials and reporting tools.- Proactively developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in country.- Supporting with dissemination of data and learnings via publications and summary decks to internal and external audiences- Provide ad-hoc support to the Dominican Republic as needed, around documentation and /or implementation of priority Vector Control activities and Entomological Surveillance.
Strategy development and planning:- In collaboration with team leadership, develop and refine the STRIDE grant’s KM strategy, learning agenda, and operational priorities.- Develop a plan to capture, analyze, document, and disseminate evidence from learning agenda. This will include refining the KM strategy throughout the course of the grant.- Work closely with country and global teams to ensure inclusion of learning agenda-related activities in annual workplans and appropriate resource allocation.- Identify and pursue opportunities to partner with other relevant organizations, donors, governments, etc. for joint development of learning products (where appropriate) and dissemination activities.Knowledge generation:- Work closely with global and country teams to lead and coordinate documentation and dissemination of grant-related outcomes, processes, approaches, and innovations as part of operationalizing the KM strategy and learning agenda.- Write, edit, and review learning and communication products including but not limited to program, policy, and technical briefs; conference abstracts and presentations; peer-reviewed journal articles and other publications; conceptualize and develop infographics and other visual aids as needed.- Work closely with global and country teams to refine existing measurement and evaluation systems and dashboards to ensure they support continuous learning cycles and adaptive management and provide the content needed for development of learning products.- Provide oversight on the strategic scheduling, flow, content, and quality of learning and communication materials, establishing a process to manage grant learning and communication assets.- Prompt, facilitate, and document pause and reflect learning sessions after all significant events and processes (meetings, brainstorming sessions, etc.).Knowledge storing and sharing:- Establish internal systems and processes to capture, store, and easily retrieve generated knowledge and communication products (e.g., best practices, manuals, tools, guidelines, policies, and strategies).- Strengthen use of Box as the repository for project, learning, and communication documents; facilitate awareness and use of these materials within and across CHAI teams.- Capture and distill insights on implementation of KM systems and processes to improve impact and practice of KM materials and systems.- Ensure development and delivery of high-quality, participatory knowledge/learning exchange events (e.g., webinars, conference sessions, and other events) to internal and external audiences and stakeholders.Capacity building:- Lead the development of tools, processes, and skills to enhance capacity for ongoing KM efforts within CHAI teams.- Support the development and implementation of approaches led by country teams to build the KM capacity of government partners.- Coach individuals and teams on the use of KM processes and tools.- Continually build own KM and learning capacity and skills.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Support the Country Director (CD) in defining the Country Team's overall strategy, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Plan and execute specific programmatic initiatives- Provide high-quality technical assistance to the government as needed/requested, and nurture a trusted relationship with government partners based on a track record of delivering results that exceed expectations in speed and quality- Build and leverage strong effective relationships with key partners and stakeholders, identify and establish additional partnerships as appropriate- Support the CD to establish robust financial, administrative, and human resource policies and systems, ensuring they are aligned with CHAI global policies and compliant with local law- Develop and manage program budgets in collaboration with program staff- Support the CD in human resources management, including recruitment and management of existing staff- Ensure adequate on-boarding for new staff and identify training needs and professional development opportunities- Work with the operations manager on internal management of the office's daily operations, including contracting with vendors, ensuring compliance with local laws, and interfacing with CHAI's legal, security and financial teams- Manage administrative team to ensure proper office functioning for security, logistics and finance- Facilitate donor communication and manage monitoring and reporting of financial and programmatic progress- Support fundraising efforts, including new program development, proposal and concept note development, budgeting and the development and management of relationships with existing and potential donors- Develop communication materials, make presentations and represent CHAI at public forumsMaintain appropriate bi-directional communication with CHAI headquarters to ensure that CHAI's global capabilities are being fully leveraged- Maintain a thorough understanding of the health landscape in the country- Undertake other country tasks as the CD may direct as needed
- Lead the public finance management support to the MoH including creating and maintaining relationships with key MoH counterparts and other stakeholders;- Independently maintain key relationships with senior MoH leadership as focal point for specific projects;- Lead budget development and execution practices at the regional and central levels;- Support the MoH Accounts office and Financial Controller in evaluating budget utilization for key MoH programs and service delivery units;- Implement efficiency opportunities both at central, regional and facility level and support the MoH to implement the efficiency opportunities;- Identify opportunities for improving service delivery through efficient use of funds and resources;- Support the MoH Procurement Unit in improving procurement and supply chain practices for better resource allocation and service delivery;- Develop and implement quantitative data collection tools for resources tracking;- Support analysis that informs the design and implementation of health financing policies and reforms in Eswatini;- As needed, support cross-cutting workstream contributing towards attaining universal health coverage and sustainability;- Other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.