Click column header to sort
Procurement:- Support country office supply planning process and its execution- Conduct market and intranet research to ensure adequate price information, realistic in-house prices are set in the planning stages.- Liaise with all programs to ensure the country office supply and procurement plans are in place and collated.- Ensure all collated supply plans are well documented, stored and monitored for proper execution.- Support in market survey and maintain an effective and robust supplier database.- - Conduct research on open market and intranet to pre-qualify suitable vendors as need arises and ensure adequate records of these vendors.- Maintaining a chronological filing system for vendors. Ensure regular updates to the record of prequalified suppliers.- Ensure prompt update of the procurement supporting documentation into the procurement folder on Box.- Analyze vendor performance at the end of every year and recommend non-performing vendors to senior management team for appropriate actions.- Conduct due diligence checks to ensure value for money- Support program and operations colleagues in the issuance of purchase requisitions- Interact with program and operations teams in the preparation and issuance of appropriate documents i.e., supply requisitions (accuracy in the specifications, budget estimates, realistic Delivery At Terminal (DATs).- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to project or program needs.- Undertake reconciliation and adjustments of expenditures on requisitions, recording proof of delivery for Goods in Transit (GIT) updates, monitoring of contracts for closure.- Responsible for order placement of office supply and demand- Ensure alignment, material replenishment and delivery times to ensure they are on time and good condition.- Prepare the purchase orders for approved purchases by the country leadership and any other senior program managers.- Keep a record of all issued purchase orders and ensure that they are matched against vendor invoices and payments.- Prepare bidding documents, evaluation reports to senior management team, raise POs, sets realistic Deliver At Terminals (DAT) to ensure prompt delivery and keeping adequate records of all transactions- Prepare bidding documents (e.g., RFQ/RFP, Invitation To Bid) circulation same to CHAI registered vendors, conduct bid opening in liaison with Programs.- Liaise and work with the procurement committee to review and update the criteria selection for supplier selection.- Support bid tabulation, provide evaluation reports to the appropriate managers, procurement committee members, technical staff that demonstrates a transparent and effective/efficient procurement process.- Raise purchase orders (PO).- Monitor POs to ensure CHAI obtains delivery promptly and according to the set Deliver At Terminals.- Conduct pre-delivery inspection of high value POs documenting the results and filing them appropriately.- Prepare monitoring and reporting information for senior management team on status of POs and requisition on weekly basis for effective monitoring of performance indicators.- Serve as secretary to the senior management team’s Procurement/Bid Committee.- Support in knowledge management and capacity building of both supply/administrative and program colleagues- Conduct end user monitoring in liaison with program colleagues and record gaps in the process.- Support capacity development activities to colleagues and government partners related to performance monitoring, good procurement and logistic practices.- Prepare training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to supply and supply chain value.- Ensure effective implementation of annual budgets on projects and programs.- Coordinate utilization plans for annual budgets including cash flow projections for ongoing projects.- Monitor and Evaluation of procurement plans, programs, procurement records and practices to ensure effective budget performance.- Coordinate procurement audit and training programs.- Supplier Management- Coordinate the feedback and communication to all bidders to ensure an effective and transparent system that communicates positive and or constructive feedback to the bidders in a timely manner.- Develop and maintain an annual vendor list and ensure that each selected/identified vendor has an operating contract and that this contract is managed for successful performance.- Manage and handle vendor agreements, other office contracts (rent, service etc.) and contractual relationships and monitor office expenditures.- Risk Management and Communications- Proactively identify risks for fraud/fund misuse and inform Country Lead for mitigation/management.- Deal with customer complaints or issues.- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders.- Review and analyze supplier performance against purchase order/ requirements to establish relevance and performance to provide performance feedback to both CHAI Benin leadership and the supplier.Logistics:- Assist in the planning, coordination, logistics and execution of meetings and events, including coordination with external parties and organization on location, food, transportation, etc.- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Country Lead
- Setting strategic direction for evaluating and prioritizing CHAI programs for Incubation- Effectively managing a multi-functional team of strategic program associates and epidemiologist(s)- Working with CHAI teams to source programs that are possible candidates for the Incubator- Overseeing the quantitative modeling the impact of programs, combining independent research with inputs from CHAI teams and donor(s)- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Donor(s) to build consensus on the strategic framework and impact modeling- Presenting to senior CHAI leadership and donor organization(s) to share findings and solicit feedback on the identified programs of work- Managing pilots or country-level investigations of shortlisted programsPlease note that these may change as the project evolves.
- Refine and contextualize the training modules available on the management and governance of the CSCom / ASACOs, and conduct targeted training with key personnel of the structures.- Accompany the CSCom/ASACO in a process of identification, prioritization and planning of activities aimed at strengthening their management and governance through the development of micro-plans, and produce recommendations aimed at the operational and strategic level to the Ministry of Health.- Monitor the implementation of the micro-plans and other tools/recommendations from the process and then conduct an impact analysis (post-intervention data collection) to extract lessons and learnings, and to iteratively adapt the process.- Advise the government on options for scaling up a strategy to strengthen management and governance at the primary health care level, or integrating the scheme with other ongoing efforts (e.g., accreditation) in line with national priorities - Develop and carry out the scope of CHAI's support to the MOH for strengthening primary health care in line with government priorities and evolving MOH support needs, including exploring opportunities between the MOH and selected donors/technical partners.- Act as a key advisor to government stakeholders on primary health care strengthening issues and ensure continuous information sharing with the UMRSS team (renovation, accreditation, CHW, etc.) and with partners working on the theme.- Other potential duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or CHAI.
- Serve as a thought partner and contribute to a technically sound strategic vision for how analytics, surveillance, and health information systems can be leveraged to strengthen malaria and NTD programs across the region.- Communicate effectively across a matrixed organization and, together with the Regional Manager, coordinate CHAI’s teams and resources to help governments achieve dramatic reductions in malaria and NTDs- Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, ensure project plans are in place, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work collaboratively with CHAI country and global teams to rapidly reduce the burden of malaria and NTDs across the region.- Formulate, review, and improve quality of technical deliverables, which may include strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, analysis plans, grant proposals, or implementation updates with the intention to further CHAI’s life-saving mission.- Rapidly digest and synthesize complex technical, political and operational information to overcome program roadblocks and accelerate progress towards malaria and NTD control and elimination- Foster strong working relationships with key stakeholders across CHAI, government, non-governmental organizations, and local institutions to promote local ownership, equity and sustainability of malaria and NTD programs- Be entrepreneurial and identify new opportunities for CHAI to have impact, anticipate risks and be proactive in responding to them.- Support CHAI teams with the development of government and donor reports, concept notes and dissemination of successes and lessons learned.- Other responsibilities in Francophone Africa as needed.
Monitoring & Evaluation and Analytics- Oversee design and implementation of M&E strategy and knowledge management activities aligned with programmatic work plans for all programs for progress tracking and impact measurement;- Support development of study design and research, monitoring, and evaluation tools, including research protocols, ethics applications, and standard operating procedures, for the evaluation surveys, process evaluations and outcomes evaluations;- Coordinate with national and state health departments to help design research studies for improved decision making. Where relevant, liaise with academic institutions and/or other implementing partners that might have relevant data that can be leveraged for program monitoring and improvement;- Design and implement relevant data collection and validation activities including field testing, training, and evaluation;- Support the capacity building of programme teams on comprehensive data management, recording, reporting and dashboarding tools and processes that will generate credible, actionable, and timely information;- Participate in assessment visits, supervision and mentoring at facilities and utilize data collected to ensure programs are moving in right direction, identify bottlenecks and solutions- Support in regularly updating the M&E dashboard and reporting frameworks for ongoing projects, tracking the project progress as per the annual work plan and ensure reporting on project activities according to the M&E indicators;- Coordinate with M&E teams through thematic projects to use standardized tools to ensure consistency of quality standards, harmonization of information and contributions from field and sharing of learnings- Coordinate with CHAI Global Program and M&E teams to align India program evaluation indicators with that of other countries; - Provide training and mentoring to WJCF program staff on M&E, including field-based staff in program states, as required.Knowledge Management and Learning- Support showcasing of results in local, regional, and global level through contributing to development of communication materials such as presentations, reports, briefs, and publications, based on knowledge and lessons learnt from ongoing interventions;- Support in development and dissemination of routinely updated knowledge products produced by the projects with wider stakeholders both in a local and global level through various platforms and channels- Work with programs to document best practices (case studies, end of project reports etc.) which can be shared with CHAI country and global teams and partners- Support in the implementation of a learning dissemination plan articulating and aligning communication objectives with different stakeholder audience groups.
Within West and Central Africa:- Help shape and improve existing and future CHW and malaria case management related interventions across West and Central Africa using data and evidence, to inform resource mobilization strategies, grant applications from major donors in global health, as well as national government policies.- Serve as a trusted advisor to the CHAI country teams and external stakeholders were relevant (e.g., government bodies and non-governmental organizations).- Support government partners and CHAI country and regional teams to develop and execute evidence- and needs-based integrated community health policies, strategies and operational plans at all levels to increase availability of malaria and non-malaria commodities and expand access to quality integrated malaria tier.- Liaise internally on a routine and ad-hoc basis across different technical and country teams to ensure optimal coordination for programmatic impact.- Coordinate and lead the systematic tracking, analysis and mapping of quantitative and qualitative indicators on coverage and quality of malaria-specific diagnostic, treatment and surveillance at community- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of community level malaria diagnosis, treatment and surveillance to identify the highest priority needs and opportunities to improve the quality and coverage of malaria-specific diagnostics, treatment and surveillance at community- Conduct collaborative evaluations of existing CHW programs to highlight key strengths and weaknesses, and support in the development of policies, strategies and plans to address them (short-term, medium-term, and long-term).- Lead and facilitate relevant knowledge sharing activities, to document and exchange lessons learned across geographic regions throughout the Global Malaria team and beyond.- Provide central and sub-national colleagues with technical backstopping in the areas of malaria case management and community health.- Engage other CHAI malaria teams to involve, account and advocate for CHWs in strategic planning and- Scope new opportunities within West and Central Africa – with ministries, partners, and new funding opportunities (research grant opportunities).Other:- Establish and continually update an internal clearing house of CHW program evidence, design, policy, and implementation resources (e.g. training and mentorship material)- Support global, regional and country colleagues to generate, document, and publish evidence and experience working with CHWs towards malaria control or elimination agendas- Pursue opportunities for collaboration with other CHAI teams, helping to build a cross-cutting community of practice within country, region and organization- Assist in pursuing CHAI organizational involvement in external CHW communities of practice (i.e., technical working groups)- Other responsibilities as needed
- Provide strategic and analytical support to program work streams, monitor program implementation activities, including but not limited to, working with, and engaging with field staff to review programmatic activities, track implementation of activities, and monitor and review outputs.- Analyse large datasets to generate insightful reports and dashboards that can inform programmatic decision making.- Identify potential risks and challenges to the implementation plan and roll-out of activities; work towards addressing potential risks/ mitigation mechanisms.- Support the development of proposals, work plans, budgets, and other reports and documents for ongoing and new areas.- Develop strong working relationships with and represent WJCF as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors, suppliers, and NGOs, and ensure coordination of resources and effort for maximum impact.- Support program management and leadership team with programmatic activities, and evaluation and scoping of other potential intervention areas, as required.- Contribute to internal organizational initiatives.- Other responsibilities as needed.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Associate include, but are not limited to:- Support the development and refinement of the Oxygen program’s strategic initiatives, ensuring ongoing alignment with the MOH strategic goals and priorities- Support Ministry of Health to ensure continuous availability of oxygen and necessary delivery systems in hospitals at all levels- Support the Ministry of Health to prepare for and deliver report and meetings necessary to the project as part of the capacity building of government staffs- Closely support other MOH departments in planning and implementation of activities highlighted in the National Oxygen Roadmap- Collaborate with internal CHAI teams to facilitate access to key information and stakeholders, provide updates, and leverage core competencies of the various CHAI teams- Leverage quantitative tools and platforms to conduct qualitative and quantitative exercises to ensure the availability, deliverability and accessibility to Oxygen in targeted facilities- Prepare analysis and build tools to support Oxygen investment case and refine the roadmap for Lao PDR when necessary- Manage ongoing and aupcoming procurement activities and lead communication and coordination with external partners, suppliers and vendors as necessary- Establish collaborative relationships with the MOH, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders- Support the team’s administrative tasks and other responsibilities as assigned by the manager- Manage daily tasks and responsibilities of other team members – Program Officer and Logistics Analyst
- Support establishing CHAI operations in the focus province.- Work together with the PSM team and province MOH team to identify and define the strategy for the province, developing and clear operations plan for executions.- Support the province MOH team to work with PFDU to ensure the nutrition commodities are integrated into the food and drug unit at each level across eLMIS and the system.- Support the provincial team to ensure the nutrition commodities have the ability to supply to all health facilities in Attapeu province.- Develops agendas, budget, training material and logistics. Travel schedule for a meeting within the focus province.- Support province staff to conduct routine monthly data analysis, target interventions, and responding to service gaps.lead initials gap in service delivery and strengthen Nutrition access to CN service within the province.- Prepare a compelling presentation for program updates and reports in English and Lao.- Collaborate with the government to ensure skills transfer to government ownership.- Develop strong working relationships with government stakeholders, internal partners, donors and INGOs. And ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort with the local province.- Continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact within the local province.
The Associate's key responsibilities will focus on multi-country support to strengthen Health Resource Tracking across Africa. The Associate will provide targeted technical support to country advisors working with government leadership in resource tracking, facilitate sharing of insights and knowledge across CHAI-supported countries, and develop global knowledge products. This will include: Thought Partnership and Capacity Building- Strategic guidance and thought partnership to develop a roadmap/approaches to institutionalizing resource tracking processes- Research (desk and interviews) to landscape resource tracking exercises- Capacity building for CHAI teams in resource tracking, to become a team topic expert in over time- Support to in-country advisors to build Ministry of Health capacity in health resource tracking (e.g., training) and to support institutionalization activities (e.g. resource mobilization)- Process Guidance and Country-Level Execution- Production of data collection tools and training materials for Health Resource Tracking, adapted to country context and use cases- Support in drafting checklists, guidelines, standard operating procedures, and other tools to support institutionalization- Technical support to CHAI teams as needed in data cleaning, aggregation, and validation; as well as data analysis and modeling- Development and/or review of concise resource tracking reports and dissemination products tailored to audiences and use cases, with strong attention to detail- Knowledge Sharing and External Dissemination- Facilitate cross-country knowledge sharing through organization and facilitation of virtual exchanges between governments CHAI is supporting in resource tracking- Contribute to development of externally-facing knowledge products (e.g., toolkits and templates, learning briefs) to contribute to practical guidance on resource tracking; as well as advocacy and communications materials such as conference presentations and case studiesThe Associate is anticipated to grow as a core member of our global team, providing technical support across countries based on needs and the individual’s interest and skills. This will include assisting in broader strategy and proposal development as well as contributing to donor reporting and externally-facing knowledge products across our health financing portfolio. Key responsibilities may include:Global Strategy and Multi-Country Support- Participate in global strategy planning, problem-solving discussions, and review of program outputs. Support drafting program updates, presentations, concept notes, and meeting plans, as needed.- Provide targeted technical support to global technical leads and country advisors working with government leadership in the design and implementation of health financing interventions and reforms, including through the production of written documents, presentations, data analysis, and models. These technical areas of support include but are not limited to: aid coordination/resource tracking, benefits package design, health insurance design and- provider payment reforms, financial management, and gender mainstreaming in health.Donor Engagement and Monitoring & Evaluation- Support the program planning and development cycles across global and country teams through the development of project management tools such as workplans and templates- Contribute to the development of funding proposals and the production of donor reports and other associated resources (e.g., slide decks, concept notes, one-pagers)- Support documentation of program progress and outcomes, including case studies that link work in health financing and systems to expansion of SRH accessKnowledge Production and Management- Support global team technical leads and country advisors to develop health financing knowledge products on key technical topics (as described above). These knowledge products will be utilized by a range of CHAI, government, and other external audiences, and include case studies, reports, toolkits, and publications.- Support and participate in the development and organization of regular knowledge exchanges between countries and partner governments in the form of in-person and virtual summits, meetings, and trainings.- Develop and maintain technical expertise in health financing, and stay abreast of key challenges.- Other responsibilities as requested by manager