Click column header to sort
- Develop comprehensive plans for piloting new approaches and interventions for improvement in immunization service delivery, program review mechanism, demand generation, and data systems strengthening in Uttar Pradesh.- Help the team devise specific strategies and interventions to reduce the number of Zero Dose children in identified geographies.- Develop purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support in program management and progress tracking.- Provide analytical and programmatic support to the team and to the state RI Cell on RI strengthening.- Quickly analyze large data sets to provide insights to internal and external stakeholders.- Develop and socialize the dashboard and customized performance reports to be utilized for routine program review meetings, planning, and decision-making.- Support capacity building of key functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Capacitate and mentor field team members on identified aspects that aid their growth journey while helping them contribute more effectively.- Work independently and in groups to comprehensively execute planned immunization support interventions.- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state and often to national destinations as well.- Undertake any other duties as requested by the programme leadership.
- Assist in the design and implementation of M&E strategies aligned with program work plans.- Contribute to the development of research tools, including protocols and standard operating procedures for evaluation surveys.- Collaborate with program teams to collect and validate data, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.- Participate in facility assessments and provide support to identify program bottlenecks and solutions.- Assist in updating M&E dashboards and reporting frameworks for ongoing projects.- Support program staff in data management, recording, and reporting processes.- Support the creation of communication materials, such as presentations, reports, and briefs, to showcase program results through data analysis.- Assist in the dissemination of knowledge products to stakeholders at local, regional, and global levels.- Collaborate with program teams to document best practices and success stories.- Participate in the implementation of a learning dissemination plan, aligning communication objectives with various stakeholder groups.- Undertake primary and seconda ry research and deliver data-based insights to provide credible evidence for formulating systems strengthening strategies on immunization- Acquire data from public data sources and maintain data sets and support primary data collection from the field- Work closely with the programme team for providing effective data analysis against the set objectives and deviations- Assimilate and triangulate information from multiple sources to monitor performance and inform strategy refresh where required- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scaling up, and develop innovative strategies to address them.- Co-ordinate project wide outputs related to reporting, compliance, and updates- Undertake any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Organizational Financial Planning and Management- Under guidance of DF&A, ensure proper budget monitoring, reporting, and communicating; internally within the organization and externally with donors and government authorities as required by statutes/regulations- Drive annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and monitoring of organizational finances though reports, analyses, and insights- Support DF&A in ensuring that financial policies and procedures setup are managed and updated in close coordination with donor controllers - Support the DF&A in strategic financial planning and management, strategic risk management, business process management and systems, and compliances - Support DF&A in effectively managing sound financial practices in country in coordination with donors and programme teamGrant Financial Management- Act as a business partner to programme managers and provide timely financial advice that promotes appropriate decision making by proactively generating insights and undertaking advance planning and close monitoring for financial problem solving - With programme managers, co-develop planning, budgeting, and resource allocation as the subject matter expert on financial planning- With programme managers, co-own and drive periodic financial reporting including month-end and year-end closing processes and donor reports while ensuring accurate and timely submissions - Ensure rigorous oversight of partners through periodic assessments of financial and administrative ability and reviews of accounts and ledgers, and in collaboration with program teams assist in building their capacity to develop strong financial systems/controls- Co-ordinate and oversee the analysis of partner monitoring reports and implement appropriate measures - Prepare quarterly financial reports as per the norms defined by individual program donors and ensure timely submission of donor reports for reviewPersonnel Accounts Management- In close partnership with the HR and other Accounts colleagues, co-develop payrolls based on budgeting drive related processes from grant financials perspectivesInternal Policy Compliance and Risk Management- Support the DF&A in building and implementing a comprehensive organizational risk management plan covering identifying, assessing, responding, mitigating, and monitoring of various types of risk- Ensure compliance with organizational fiscal policies by supporting the DF&A to conduct periodic and thorough reviewsStatuory and Regulatory Compliances - Support statutory audits, donor audits, and undertaking of appropriate measures to ensure compliance and remediation - Support the development and execution of action plans based on both external and internal audit recommendations and monitor progress on achievements- Ensure compliance with FCRA, FEMA and other regulatory provisions for registered and non-profit entities in budgeting and grant reporting
Developing strategy and standing up integrated function- Develop and implement organization-wide business development and fundraising strategy and vision for growth based on CHAI’s strategic priority areas and programmatic and regional objectives.- Design and stand up an integrated central business development function that supports CHAI’s globally dispersed fundraising efforts across multiple country teams and global program teams.- Hire, manage, develop, and maintain staff to oversee and execute departmental functions.- Evaluate CHAI’s revenue mix and identify areas to expand and diversify CHAI’s funding base.- Develop internal practices and ways of working to increase coordination of engagement and relationships with key donors across CHAI’s program and country teams.- Integrate and deploy tools and systems to support key processes (e.g., maintaining a dynamic database of prospects and current donors using CRM). Overseeing execution of business development strategy- Work with CEO and senior leadership team to set fundraising targets.- Deliver on fundraising targets for unrestricted funding, including through individual giving, Board mobilization, and establishing new funding channels.- Conduct market landscaping to identify and evaluate potential new donors aligned to programmatic, regional, and—in some cases—country-level priorities.- Lead prospecting, cultivation, and prioritization for new donors aligned to organization-wide funding strategy, and lead development of tailored outreach strategies.- Evaluate potential new strategic partnerships in line with programmatic and regional priorities.- Lead key account management and integrated engagement strategy for CHAI’s largest donors, including bilateral/multilateral agencies and large diversified foundations.- Produce cohesive donor engagement strategies outlining annual priorities and funding opportunities.- Support strategic proposal development led by matrixed country and program teams.- Convene processes to manage large, complex proposals (e.g., multi-program and multi-country grants).- Spearhead fundraising efforts for high priority initiatives.- Support compliance and donor due diligence activities (e.g., donor audits, organization-wide assessments).- Lead internal trainings and workshops to build capacity and cultivate fundraising best practices across teams. - Fulfill other responsibilities that relate to leadership of the integrated function (e.g., managing development budget).
Rwanda health workforce priorities (~80%)- Independently advise senior government leadership including at the level of ministers on resource mobilization strategies; and represent leadership in meetings with representatives of existing and potential government funding partners- Develop new funding proposals and concept note narratives/presentations for the government to submit to targeted multi-lateral donors/bilateral donors/private foundations based on national health workforce strategies/plans- Scope new potential funders and develop engagement strategies and plans for the government of Rwanda; with particular focus on advising government on funder relationship and pitch development- Routinely update resource mobilization strategy and resource mobilization tracking tools for the NSHPD/4x4 and support its implementation- Conduct excel-based analyses of funding priorities including operational and intervention costing- Provide technical support to beginning phase of implementation for new priority health workforce projects in support of the Government of Rwanda- Engage with government stakeholders funding partners to advise on development of new funding opportunities through launch of implementation- Coordinate routine funding planning meetings and strategy sessions, developing meeting agendas/minutes and following up on tasks- Provide additional technical backstopping on priority health workforce projects as neededCross-country resource mobilization (~20%)- Contribute the development and implementation of an engagement strategy for potential funding agencies and technical partners- Develop presentations, briefs, and other dissemination materials to advocate for investment in health workforce, including the health workforce investment case- Assist with internal team knowledge management and organization particularly for resource mobilization, including updating the CHAI health workforce funder
- Lead the project management of our AT program, including regular review of workplans, reporting on results and progress, planning and coordinating of project team meetings, and monitoring of program financials.- Facilitate knowledge-sharing between team members and with external experts. Develop online toolkits with relevant resources and information to support program implementation.- Lead the development of case studies about our work that document new learnings and insights. This may include academic publications.- Develop, maintain, and update an overview of expert advisors and supportive resources that are relevant to the program.- Work with the communications team to create content and support dissemination.- Support the development, implementation, and revision of our strategy.- Conduct high quality desktop research and analysis on our interventions and keep track of latest learnings and developments at the global and country-level.- Assist county teams with the review of program documents, facilitating connections with experts and technical documents, analytical support and government engagements. - Help organize relevant in-person meetings.- Prepare materials to present the findings, written report and PowerPoint, with internal and external stakeholders, including donors; update based on their feedback and input.- This role requires taking initiative to identify new opportunities and take on other responsibilities as needed and as requested by line manager.
Capacity building on data collection, retrieval, analysis, visualization and use for operational planning and other strategic decision-making (30%)- Assist with capacity building for government staff and on systematic data use by developing manuals, SOPs, and other relevant training materials.- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within the NTD programby monitoring and strengthening the quality of data inputs, refining analytical outputs, and developing context-appropriate strategies to strengthen the NTD program’s data use.- Lead training and coaching sessions for key stakeholders on data use and on NTD data repository, once developed.- Identify additional in-country partners to support and sustain capacity building initiatives for NTD program.Technical assistance on data use (20%)- Coordinate survey and MDA data reviews at central and peripheral levels; support DHIS-2 data reviews.- Support development of global NTDs scorecards for Benin.- Support consolidation of relevant data for certification of NTDs elimination dossiers as applicable.- Identify opportunities for improved data use in planning and execution of NTD mass drug campaigns. Health information systems strengthening (20%)- Support development and roll out of an integrated NTD database including user testing and feedback.- Develop dashboards for NTD database and link them to other visualization tools.- Develop M&E framework and update schedule for improving integrated database and relevant tools.Knowledge brokering on use of modelling to inform NTD program implementation activities (20%)- Serve as liaison between NTD modelling stakeholders and the national NTD program to support development and validation of the program’s modelling questions and ensure dialogue between modelers and the program.- Translate modelling results into decision-making recommendations and advocacy materials.Support vector control initiatives to improve entomology surveillance across the NTDs and malaria programs (10%)- Collaborate with other in-country partners to strengthen MoH monitoring of sentinel sites.- Support review of insecticide resistance monitoring and data interpretation.
- Support the development of program strategy and operational plan for the Urban Immunization strengthening project. - Develop comprehensive plans for piloting new approaches and interventions for improvement in immunization service delivery, program review mechanism, demand generation, and data systems strengthening in urban areas. - Help the team devise specific strategies and interventions to reduce the number of Zero Dose children in identified geographies. - Develop purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support in program management and progress tracking. - Provide analytical and programmatic support to the team and to the state RI Cell on RI strengthening with special emphasis on urban immunization. - Develop and socialize the RI dashboard and customized performance reports to be utilized for routine program review meetings, planning, and decision-making. - Support capacity building of key functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery. - Capacitate and mentor field team members on identified aspects that aid their growth journey while helping them contribute more effectively. - Work independently and in groups to comprehensively execute planned immunization support interventions. - Travel on short notice to various parts of the state and often to national destinations as well. - Undertake any other duties as requested by the programme leadership.
Community Health Strategy – (50%)- Supporting coordination of a participatory strategy development working group- Supporting the organization of complex, abstract ideas in digestible frameworks and written products- Supporting the development & iterative refinement of a strategy draft- Preparing for feedback consultations and discussionsHealth Workforce Strategy – (40%)- Responsible for reviewing each sub-strategy brief, identifying outstanding edits required, and conducting desk review and consultations as needed to make final changes- Responsible for updating the master strategy narrative and theory of change to reflect final inputs from CHAI’s Health Workforce team as well as the integration of community health contentOther – (10%)- Support the Global Health Workforce team with other projects in service of the Health Workforce Program Strategy as required, which could include but are not limited to: preparations for a multi-country summit meeting, preparing concept notes and materials for communication or advocacy opportunities, or supporting new project scoping or proposal development
- Provide strategic and administrative support to Senior Program Officers and Senior Program Manager to ensure smooth and successful program development and implementation- Ensure effective communication with key local partners and internal program for better coordination and planning- Operationalize and implement recommendations and technical guidance as agreed with local partners- Support government partners with planning, analytics, problem-solving and implementing of their new vaccines introduction (NVI) strategy- For instances where CHAI has sub-national vaccine consultants, work closely with them to support partner sites (Provincial and District Office of Health, Primary Health centre and other related local government bodies), including- communities to ensure the success of the NVI program- Facilitate monitoring, evaluation and analysis for continuous program adaptation and improvement- Ensure the documentation of activities and outcomes in order to create replicable models and policy advocacy documents- Perform basic finance and admin functions as needed, especially related to activities, under the guidance of the CHAI Finance team- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Senior Program Manager and or Associate Program Director and or Country Director