Click column header to sort
- Drive the process of strategy formulation, under the guidance of the Strategy & Insights Manager and the PMU Lead, for Immunization PMU in UP to support GoUP achieve its programme outcomes timely and effectively- Support the strategic alignment of Immunization PMU sub-teams and interventions through development & implementation of effective program management tools & techniques- Support PMU leadership in long term planning & program review as well as short term decision making for immunization through strategic analysis, opportunity assessments, predictive modelling, etc.- Develop transformative programme review mechanisms to drive performance and build approaches to capacitate government functionaries on the same- Support the development of improvement approaches for specific health systems aspects of the immunization programme such as HR availability and capacity, supervision frequency & quality, logistics, service delivery, data systems etc. to inform state, district and block level actions- Design new and validate existing innovative interventions for enhancing service delivery and decision making for the immunization programme in UP- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with relevant stakeholders- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state- Perform other responsibilities as requested by team leadership
- Proactively develop and maintain USG compliance related operational systems, processes, tools, policies, and templates in support of the grant and serve as the first point of contact regarding administrative and operational questions- Work with the USG Compliance Officer to advise both program and finance stakeholders of any changes made to USG compliance regulations and assess their impact on CHAI programs- Maintain the grant compliance log and ensure follow up items are acted on in a timely fashion- Develop and maintain knowledge management platforms required for the grant- Ensure flow of information, including the sharing of information and knowledge across grant and broader CHAI teams- Work with HR, finance and program teams to ensure all the appropriate files with required compliance documents are well maintained and up to date- Track and communicate reporting dates, payment dates and other key compliance related dates of the grant- Support program teams in ensuring compliance with procurement and travel requirements- Provide USG compliance information to program staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues- Working with the program and contracts team, review draft USG prime or sub-award grant or cooperative agreements- Along with the relevant operational team (finance, HR, etc) conduct compliance reviews of the relevant program, HR, Finance transactions and documents to ensure continued compliance. Report key findings to the senior program manager and director- Support the program finance manager with budget variance analysis by category to avoid exceeding donor spending limits and provide assistance for approval requests to re-align funding among donor categories- Review of budget and posted transactions to ensure they contain only allowable, allocable, and reasonable costs- Under the supervision of the senior program manager, engage with field offices and regional teams as needed to provide input and develop solutions on major USG compliance matters- Perform additional coordination, administration and other responsibilities as assigned
The Senior Software Developer INCD will work within the CHAI Infectious and non-Communicable Disease team to perform the following duties: Responsibilities:- Develop and maintain the data management system that enables transmission of Early Infant Diagnosis data from facilities doing Point of Care testing to update the Early Infant Diagnosis dashboard. - Develop and maintain a business management system to support the daily payment tracking and transaction approvals.- Develop and maintain an HIV Drug Resistance module on the Viral Load Laboratory Information Management Systems and report to the Anti-Retroviral Therapy 3rd line committee.- Conduct system maintenance for the Electronic Infant follow up platform, while trouble-shooting and fixing system bugs- Develop Quality Assurance test suites for all systems developed or enhanced.- Perform any other responsibilities as assigned
- Serve as a thought leader, manage and implement analytical projects related to malaria epidemiology, intervention and surveillance, as required;- Contribute to the formulation of annual work plans across multiple countries, and pro-actively ensure the implementation of epidemiology related activities;- Proactively review existing evidence and conduct analyses on primary and secondary data to evaluate effectiveness of the current operations, and identify potential approaches or strategies to accelerate progress;- Provide high-quality analytical support to CHAI country teams, government staff, and relevant partners, which includes:- Design (defining research questions, protocol development, survey and sampling design), implementation (formulating training material, training and monitoring survey data collectors), analysis and dissemination of operational research, with a focus on surveillance system assessments- Organize, clean, and integrate datasets; conduct statistical and spatial analyses- Work directly with governmental staff to better integrate epidemiological, entomological, and programmatic data use and analysis into routine programmatic activities at all levels of the health system- Provide technical supervision, training and ad-hoc programmatic support to staff members involved in epidemiological activities and/or ongoing management of junior staff based across the region;- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions, with support from program managers;- Synthesize results, translate them to national and sub-national government partners, non-technical partners and CHAI teams to support evidence-based decision making, and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications internally and externally at international venues;- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings, representing the organization to academic/technical partners within the region; and- Any other tasks identified.
- Lead in supporting the MOH to Improve the efficiency and performance of vaccine cold chain in Cameroon- Support the EPI in the implementation of the CCEOP platform- Support the updating of the recently conducted Cold Chain Inventory (CCI) and facilitate its use for decision-making- Support identification of optimal new equipment, following full options appraisal including new technologies- Support the development of a robust maintenance system for cold chain equipment.- Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices on vaccine cold chain improvement- Support the implementation of robust temperature management systems at all levels of the health system- Support the elimination of exposure to temperature excursions during transport- Provide technical support for development of new state of the art central cold chain facilities- Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scale-up, and develop innovative strategies to address them- Liaise closely with technical partners in government to monitor and evaluate interventions against objectives and targets, bringing in technical expertise when needed to ensure rapid implementation- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort for successful implementation and scale-up- Support the Program Manager to develop and manage work plans, budgets, schedules and logistics plans for key activities- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Assist the Global Tuberculosis program and China Country Manager to develop and implement the project activities as required by the partnership framework, work plan and budget;- Assist government partner teams to develop methodologies including tools, processes, key performance/success indicators that are highly relevant and appropriate for data collection, project management and goal fulfillment;- Provide clear guidance and training (if required) to relevant team members and partners in order to effectively manage the project process and deliverables;- Lead and/or support data collection, interviews and analysis to generate evidence-based policy adoption and formulation recommendations in strategic scenarios;- Work closely with the government partner teams to ensure the project timeline, work orders and deliverables organized and coordinated to achieve the set project goal and objectives;- Monitor the project implementation closely to ensure challenges identified and solved in a timely manner;- Provide regularly project implementation progress, and coordinate project team members for focus discussions to ensure project goal alignment;- Provide strategic recommendations for project management, communication and process improvement;- Communicate regularly with CHAI staff at the global and country levels to ensure CHAI’s value-add maximized to partners;- Other responsibilities, as assigned.