Click column header to sort
- Provide direct support to surveillance and analytics workstreams including the formulation and conducting of high-quality epidemiological analyses to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease patterns, and inform strategic planning related to malaria within the region- Provide onboarding, mentorship, supervision, and training of a small technical team- Perform scientific literature review on relevant topics as needed (e.g., surveillance methods, drivers of malaria transmission, intervention effectiveness)- Monitor, evaluate, and improve the performance of malaria surveillance processes and platforms, and contribute to the formulation of surveillance guidelines, SOPs and training materials- Design, implement, analyze, and disseminate operational research projects evaluating program or intervention effectiveness- Support design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs- Organize, clean, and integrate datasets from different sources to aid program monitoring and evaluation and larger analyses- Formulating and delivering national and sub-national level training technical materials- Contribute strategic vision and thought leadership for how malaria analytics and surveillance can be strengthened in the countries and regions where CHAI works- Mentor to CHAI’s regional and country teams working with national malaria programs- Promote the routine use of epidemiological, entomological, and programmatic data and analysis to inform country strategy planning and program implementation- Review and contribute to surveillance and analytics components of annual country work plans to ensure they meet strategic goals- Synthesize and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings with international and local academic and technical partners
- Work closely with the program team to understand the system requirements for the Patient Navigation System prototype and document them in form of a software requirements specification (SRS) document.- Support the program team in assessing the current landscape to identify if any off-the-shelf product can be customized to meet the said requirements.- Support on-boarding of an IT vendor for the development/ customization of Patient Navigation System prototype, if required.- Develop a preliminary working version of the Patient Navigation System that the team could utilize till the Patient Navigation System prototype has been developed and is functioning.- Coordinate thorough testing of the Patient Navigation System prototype.- Coordinate capacity building of the call centre-based patient navigators (and other users, if any) on using the Patient Navigation System prototype.- Support in relaying feedback on the Patient Navigation System prototype received from the users to IT vendor to modify/refine the prototype, if required.- Provide support to the users for the initial three to four months on efficient use of the prototype.- Manage the database of the prototype and generate insights and reports, as per program team’s requirements.- Develop a detailed SRS document for the system, based on the learnings from the prototype.- Ensure integration of the M&E framework into the Patient Navigation System prototype to track the process-indicators for pilot project implementation.- Submit monthly progress reports to the program manager.- Provide any other support, as required by the program team.Key deliverables: Following are the key deliverables expected from the IT Consultant:S. N. Deliverable Expected timeline 1 SRS document for patient navigation system prototype + landscaping report of patient navigation systems T + 15 days 2 Working version of patient navigation system T + 30 days 3 Training module(s) for patient navigation system prototype T + 2 months 4 Monthly progress report Last day of every month 5 Detailed SRS document for patient navigation system T + 6 months T = Date of signing the contract
- Work closely with internal and external partners to collate, interpret, and analyze vector control commodity data in support of a multi-year global malaria commodities forecast- Identify and quantify potential implications of changing trends in insecticide resistance, commodity pricing, donor and country budgets, available products, and normative guidance on vector control commodity volumes- Attend, contribute to, and lead meetings with key vector control partners, and support relationship building and relationship management with these partners- Perform as the key touch point and liaison for internal and external partners and colleagues in the vector control space- Support writing and editing of reports for the donor and dissemination- Analyze and review forecast model outputs- Attend and participate in key partner and internal meetings- Research the levers affecting vector control product quality, particularly bed net quality – including policy guidelines, minimum standards, pre-qualification processes, global/procurer/country-level quality assurance and quality control, transportation and storage conditions, and in-country monitoring- Package information from research, stakeholder conversations, and thought leadership into high-quality and clear presentations, reports, and publications- Conduct literature reviews, stakeholder conversations, and data analysis on new and upcoming products, synthesize this information for dissemination, and provide strategic thought partnership on how CHAI and partners could support roll-out of new products- For innovative program initiatives, translate high-level ideas into actionable project workplans and pitch decks- Quantify the relevant market demand through top-down or bottom-up analyses- Support scoping for innovative approaches to increasing efficiency and effectiveness of vector control intervention mixes with the aim of efficiently achieving desired health impact of the preventive intervention- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI at relevant working groups and meetings to provide appropriate technical support as necessary- Support the continuous development and refinement of the CHAI Vector Control Strategy
- Monitor implementation of the EM O2 program in the state, ensuring consistent improvements in equitable access based on and support to government-led initiatives.- Support state program leadership to provide overall project management and oversight to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and on budget.- Coordinate with the other teams to exchange ideas and ensure timely delivery and progress on the envisaged operational plans.- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with GoMP stakeholders, and key partners at the state level.- Provide strategic insight at technical working groups and/or other high-level meetings/conferences as a representative of the organization.- Work with the program team to ensure high quality and up-to-date documentation of program activities and achievements.- Lead, guide, and mentor a high-powered team of motivated and entrepreneurial colleagues in the state.- Build the state program by continually developing capacity and skills of staff, identifying human resources needs and leading recruitment of new team members.- Work with leadership to further the scope of the program and identify new areas where the organization can deliver value, with significant beneficiary and policy impact to scale-up program implementation initiatives.- Undertake any other duties as requested by the state and program leadership.
The Associate, Vaccines will work independently to support the EPI programme in several high impact activities. Specifically, the Associate will be responsible for the following activities: Immunization System Strengthening, and New Vaccines Introductions- Support the Senior Programme Manager, Women and Children’s Health in developing a workplan for immunization system strengthening at the national, district, and health facility level. This includes the review of recent (and applicable) reports from programmatic evaluations and consolidate recommendations into an actionable table and dashboard for follow up. - Develop and support the implementation of an onboarding package for all health workers tasked with the delivery of immunization services in Lesotho- Support in tracking the use of immunization e-learning materials by health workers - Support EPI in planning for the delivery of routine immunizations including the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine Program Management- Maintain close professional relationships with counterparts in the EPI in order to ensure that the project is aligned with Ministry priorities.- Support in building management capacity of EPI at the national and district level- Liaise with CHAI Vaccines global team to ensure that the project incorporates best practices and high standards for new vaccine introduction and systems strengthening.- Assist with formulation and tracking of activity workplans and budgets - Contribute to project reporting requirements as needed.- Perform any other responsibilities assigned by the Senior Programme Manager, Women and Children’s health
- Support the strategy manager in development and implementation of the Immunization Delivery Programme ensuring consistent improvements in supply chain and service delivery through strengthening of Cold Chain Management, Vaccines Delivery & Logistics, Service Delivery, Data Systems and Review Mechanisms- Undertake primary and secondary research and deliver data-based insights to provide credible evidence for formulating systems strengthening strategies on immunization- Acquire data from public data sources and maintain data sets and support primary data collection from the field- Work closely with the programme team for providing effective data analysis against the set objectives and deviations- Prepare actionable and effective programme materials, presentations, reports for supporting communications with key stakeholders such as donors and government functionaries- Assimilate and triangulate information from multiple sources to monitor performance and inform strategy refresh where required- Support implementation of immunization systems strengthening activities to improve full immunization coverage and quality of immunization service delivery in key areas- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scaling up, and develop innovative strategies to address them- Co-ordinate project wide outputs related to reporting, compliance, and updates- Undertake any other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Contribute to the strategic technical vision and thought leadership for how malaria and NTD analytics and surveillance can be strengthened in the countries in francophone West and Central Africa- Serve as a technical advisor and mentor to CHAI’s regional and country teams working with national malaria and NTD programs- Review and contribute to surveillance and analytics components of annual country work plans to ensure they meet strategic goals- Contribute to the formulation, review, and provide feedback on technical deliverables, which may include strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, analysis plan, grant proposals, donor reporting, or implementation update.- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings with international and local academic and technical partners- Formulate and conduct high quality epidemiological analyses to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease pattern, and inform strategic planning- Monitor, evaluate, and improve the performance of malaria and NTD surveillance processes and platforms, and contribute to the formulation of surveillance guidelines- Design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination of operational research projects evaluating program or intervention effectiveness- Support design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs- Promote the routine use of epidemiological, entomological, and programmatic data and analysis to inform country strategy planning and program implementation- Synthesize results, translate them to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making, and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications- Manage surveillance and analytics staff and workstreams related to malaria and NTDs to support evidence-based decisions across various technical areas (e.g., vector control, case management, surveillance, finance), including technical mentorship, supervision, guidance, and training for a small technical team- Manage internal communications between surveillance and analytic staff and other technical and operational CHAI teams- Develop and manage strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and regional academic institutions working on relevant data analysis and surveillance activities- Provide technical supervision, mentorship and ad-hoc programmatic support to staff members involved in epidemiological activities- Develop capacity building material and approaches for knowledge management to coordinate surveillance and analytic activities and lesson sharing across teams, countries, and regions- Other responsibilities as needed
- In close collaboration with the deputy Executive Secretary, co-manage the implementation of the National Strategy for Health Professions Development (NSHPD) monitoring and evaluation plan:- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to identify priority M&E indicators from the finalized M&E plan for immediate data collection and analysis;- Work with the University of Rwanda, other training institutions, health facilities and professional councils to gather available data on prioritized M&E indicators;- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to analyze and develop report on prioritized indicators;- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to develop a broader plan for routine data reporting and use in consultation with UR, other relevant training institutions, professionals councils and health facilities;- Operationalize systems for data collection, verification, analysis, reporting, and use; including training (as needed) and supporting teaching institutions to manage and report on necessary data;- In close collaboration with the deputy Executive Secretary oversee the NSHPD program’s routine monitoring systems and ensure monitoring data is available and presented in an effective way to inform programmatic decision-making ;- Analyze, synthesize, and present M&E data on an ongoing basis to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and make corresponding recommendations to NSHPD program management.- In collaboration with the deputy Executive Secretary, identify and design additional evaluations or studies as appropriate.- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to conduct an appraisal of existing centralized HRH Information Systems (HRHIS) and tools in use in Rwanda.- In consultation with the deputy Executive Secretary and with support of relevant stakeholders, develop a proposed model for routine data collection and consolidation into information system.- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to develop a costed roadmap for implementation of the HRHIS.- Support the deputy Es to mobilize resource for the implementation of the HRHIS.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Provide day-to-day program management support to the provincial and municipal health authorities working with malaria supervisors and focal points in different technical areas, such as surveillance, vector control, case management and finance- Serve as a trusted advisor to the NMCP provincial and municipal health authorities regarding their malaria control activities- Conduct provincial level assessments to help make evidence-based plans and execute effective programs- Work with CHAI's fellow country associate, technical teams, and regional manager to identify key impediments to programmatic goals and help devise targeted solutions- Support implementation and improvement of the malaria surveillance system in Southern Angola, including coordinating provincial and municipal activities such as data review meetings, and data quality assessments- Support subnational teams to regularly review and analyse data from DHIS2 to inform response and interventions- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between the government and partner organizations in the provinces to ensure coordination- Collaborate with the CHAI-Namibia team on the development and implementation of cross-border collaboration initiatives- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI in external meetings to provide project updates and technical guidance- Willingness to travel extensively (up to 50%)
- Design of tools for facility assessments, demand estimation, supply chain management, data analytics for various modalities of oxygen supply- Participate in field visits to monitor functioning of oxygen generation plants (Pressure Swing adsorption plants) and other infrastructure like LMO tanks, oxygen cylinders, concentrators etc. and provide technical support for biomedical equipment- Coordinate data collection and data analysis for oxygen related system (need assessment, analysis of oxygen capacities and gaps to inform decision making) in state public health facilities by securing necessary permissions and approvals from government authorities- Design of SOPs, Training modules, guidelines, supplier landscape, tender documents- Capacity building of public health facility staff including technicians on use of oxygen equipment and other technical aspects of oxygen systems- Provide support on AMC document and CMC document preparation and tender reviews- Provide invaluable inputs for development of oxygen demand assessment tools factoring in critical insights from government departments- Develop strong relationships with key external and internal stakeholders including government officials, affiliated institutes, and partners working in the oxygen therapy landscape in program states- Develop knowledge management library of all technical resources related to oxygen management- Conduct routine sessions on technical aspects of oxygen systems for internal EM team- Participate in meetings of field team to clarify technical queries and align on oxygen systems data collection from facilities