Click column header to sort
- Support comprehensive field diagnostics in assigned blocks/districts, in collaboration with district health authorities under GoUP, and coordinate the creation of block/district-specific RI coverage improvement action plan- Track progress against action plan regularly for GoUP and support government RI program managers in resolving specific challenges- Build trust-based relationships with relevant block/district stakeholders in immunization and support DIO/CMHO/BMO in leading effective review meetings and using immunization data for decision making- Draw field level insights through regular interaction with healthcare workers and block/district program managers and addressing gaps through coordination with PMU team and concerned officials- Identify data collection & reporting challenges and support targeted interventions, led by GoUP, to strengthen immunization data processes at regular intervals- Undertake capacity building initiatives, led by GoUP, for frontline workers and health functionaries in selected blocks- Ensure implementation of Immunization PMU strategy including tools & templates, community initiatives and process improvements amongst others- Prepare and disseminate RI performance insights, intervention status reports and field insights from assigned blocks- Travel across the assigned blocks on a regular basis and to other parts of the state as and when required- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- Create and execute the Monitoring & Evaluation framework for the Immunization PMU, define key process and impact indicators and identify effective measurement mechanisms- Conceptualize, design and coordinate program impact & progress evaluation surveys- Enhance existing community & program surveys to ensure Routine Immunization related information is captured and tracked holistically- Coordinate with the extended UP-TSU teams to bridge insights from Routine Immunization with broader Mother and Child Health insights- Support the crafting of program management frameworks, and implementation and reporting mechanisms and optimize the existing ones where necessary in alignment with PMU strategy and immunization context to facilitate effective oversight and management- Assimilate and triangulate information from multiple sources to monitor performance and inform strategy refresh where required- Development of reports, presentations and templates for effective internal use and dissemination of reports at state & national levels- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state- Undertake any other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Provide advisory support to immunization program managers at the district/block levels on effective immunization program performance monitoring, action plan creation and follow up- Support the strengthening of GoUP-led immunization review meetings in select districts and blocks in UP on a continuous basis- Work closely with GoUP state RI cell to identify key training needs for different levels of immunization functionaries, design targeted training content, define the training calendar and deliver trainings effectively- Undertake targeted capacity building activities at the state level and in select districts/divisions with the aim of building sustainable processes and capability- Disseminate and socialize easy to use tools, templates and approaches for immunization program management including automated HR rosters, key performance trackers etc.- Enable cross-learning amongst districts and blocks on program performance review mechanisms by identifying and disseminating best practices- Undertake primary and secondary research and create data-based insights to provide credible evidence for formulating coverage improvement strategies and decision making at the district and block levels- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with district and block officials and other health functionaries- Travel extensively to various parts of the state- Undertake any other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Develop and socialize dashboards and custom defined performance reports for state and sub-state functionaries to utilize for routine program review meetings, planning, and decision making- Support GoUP state RI cell in planning and executing regular program reviews with districts including action planning and follow up- Develop and socialize customized tools and templates for priority districts with the aim of targeting specific challenges facing those geographies- Closely collaborate with UP state RI Cell in development of short term and long term immunization coverage improvement and program improvement strategies in UP- Contribute to program strategy by developing purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates and planning aids that support RI cell in program management- Support RI cell in responding to and complying with MoHFW & GoUP priorities and guidelines effectively and in a timely fashion- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders across the immunization ecosystem in the state- Support capacity building of key functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery- Innovate new approaches for generating Immunization program insights including but not limited to predictive modelling, clustering techniques and machine learning- Development of reports, presentations & templates for effective use by state RI cell- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state- Undertake any other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Lead, develop and manage the CHAI Immunization PMU in Uttar Pradesh, including technical and strategic leadership, administrative and managerial oversight, and effective monitoring of the project.- Work independently and in groups to comprehensively execute planned immunization support interventions while ensuring sustainable and continuous capacity building of key government functionaries.- Guide team members and team sub-units on their goals and enable them to effectively achieve targets for immunization interventions in the state through direct intervention or facilitation as needed.- Lead work planning, activity monitoring and risk mitigation, budgeting and financial reporting for the PMU in a routine and actionable manner.- Ensure, in collaboration with UP-TSU, effective and regular engagement of the project with critical government immunization stakeholders and policy makers at the state and sub-state levels.- Provide in-depth and high-quality technical assistance to GoUP on its immunization program.- Build effective and functional relationships with immunization partner leadership in the state for joint impact and convergent support to GoUP.- Effectively represent the PMU at national and state meetings and public health fora like conferences, workshops, and seminars and communicate the value of the PMU’s contribution to UP’s immunization performance at such platforms.- Identify opportunities and craft space for PMU to augment support to GoUP on improving immunization outcomes and evolve strategy based on context.- Ensure PMU team members are always well positioned to contribute to the state’s immunization vision based on cutting edge research, global and country best practices, and innovative and proven approaches.- Engage with CHAI global and country teams for support, collaboration and dissemination of lessons to inform PMU strategy and implementation and exchange approaches with these teams.Travel on short notice to various parts of the state and often to national destinations as well.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by CHAI country leadership.
- Closely collaborate with Program Manager in development of coverage improvement strategies in collaboration with key government stakeholders and development partners in Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh- Undertake primary and secondary research and deliver data based insights to provide credible evidence for formulating coverage improvement strategies and decision making- Execute implementation of immunization systems strengthening activities to improve full immunization coverage and quality of immunization service delivery across Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh- Support the Program Manager in development and implementation of the Immunization Delivery Program, ensuring consistent improvements in immunization supply chain and service delivery through strengthening of Cold Chain Management,- Vaccines Delivery and Logistics, data systems and review mechanisms- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with MoHFW, government stakeholders and key partners- Other responsibilities as needed