Click column header to sort
- Support the malaria program in the Sud-department to strengthen the implementation and performance of the case-based malaria surveillance platform, incl.:- Coordinating, planning, implementing and M&E of work plans.- Validating, analyzing and visualizing malaria surveillance data and further strengthening stakeholder capacity in this regard.- Leveraging data analysis/visualization for strategic and operational decision-making to advance towards malaria elimination.- Identifying and resolving challenges and bottlenecks that hamper epidemiological surveillance.- Identifying and pursuing innovations to further strengthen implementation and performance of the epidemiological surveillance system.- Provide the malaria program in the Sud-department with technical and operational support to strengthen case-management, supply chain management, vector control interventions, operational planning and M&E processes- Program Management: - Support development, execution and reporting on work plans and budgets. - Provide programmatic and operational updates for periodic progress reports and compile inputs and draft presentations/reports for internal stakeholders, the government and donors- Partnership, Representation & Communication- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in the Sud department;- Represent CHAI in partners meetings as needed and serve as a trusted adviser to the Ministry of Health staff and partners involved in malaria elimination in the Sud-department- Collaborate remotely with CHAI colleagues in Haiti and the Regional Office for Mesoamerica & Hispaniola as relevant. - Any other tasks identified.
- Support data driven decision making by NMCP and VBDC, including:- Support the investigation of high-risk areas to determine factors associated with transmission and collaborate with NMCP and VBDC to develop interventions to reduce each locality’s transmission potential- Identify key impediments to successful collection of malaria surveillance data and work with NMCP, VBDC and partners to develop solutions to rapidly address these bottlenecks- Collaborate with NMCP, VBDC and partner organizations to design and implement operational research projects to identify improved approaches that will help optimize malaria elimination activities in Myanmar- Support NMCP and VBDC to strengthen malaria case management systems, including:- Develop and implement strategies to strengthen malaria case management capacity among village-based, health facility-based, and office-based NMCP and VBDC staffs- Support protocol and systems development for active case investigation and detection- Provide technical assistance and strategic guidance to ensure healthcare workers have access to quality diagnostics, and patients have access to high quality medicines- Support NMCP and VBDC to strengthen malaria surveillance systems and vector control, including:- Developing operational plans to support effective execution of surveillance strengthening activities- Developing training materials and job aids for healthcare workers on national disease reporting protocols- Track vector control activities in relation to NMCP targets and international guidelines, including identifying strategy and operationalization gaps- Assist NMCP and VBDC to analyze malaria surveillance data, including geographical mapping of malaria case burden and intervention coverage- Prepare programmatic reports for government and donor reporting, as well as concept notes or other external communication products- Demonstrate leadership and independent judgement to strengthen CHAI’s efforts through:- Proactive communication within the Malaria team and sharing pertinent updates with Program Lead on workload, anticipated challenges, and progress on meeting deadlines; sharing insight into challenges and successes of program activities, including developments, meetings, tools, etc.- Building and strengthening relationships across CHAI, local stakeholders, and other external partners, in matters of program strategy, management, process and best practices- Representing CHAI at government and partner events and meetings, and international meetings and conferences as requested- Identifying opportunities for transformational change at the local, state/region and national level which could enhance efforts to eliminate malaria- Additional responsibilities as requested
- Work with MOHP and other relevant stakeholders to assess cervical cancer screening and treatment capacity. - Coordinate and manage distribution of HPV testing commodities and portable treatment devices by developing distribution plans and monitoring deployment. - Develop tools to monitor and track procurement and distribution, device maintenance and adverse event monitoring activities. - Work with MOHP to map existing referral pathways and design and implement an effective patient tracking system, including developing M&E tools to support patient follow up. - Support the review of national guidelines, treatment protocols and training materials to integrate updates on screening and treatment of cervical cancer. - Manage all M&E for the program, including design of data collection tools as needed, leading collection and analysis of national and sub-national data, and presentation of analysis to support decision making- Support the MOHP to develop costed cervical cancer scale up plan and plans for resource mobilization to strengthen the national cervical cancer program. - Support the evaluation, write up and dissemination of implementation lessons across the project sites by supporting data collection, analysis and developing presentations. - Closely work with civil society and government channels and engage them in program development.- Develop strong working relationships and collaborate closely with key government, partner and donor stakeholders at national and sub-national level.- Represent CHAI at stakeholder and district meetings and participate in national technical working groups and committees.- Support the Program Manager in donor reporting and work-planning. - Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Provide strategic thought partnership to Global TB Team and CHAI Country Teams in developing both global and country-specific TB strategies, ensuring alignment with CHAI's global TB strategy priority areas.- Provide support for in-country government and partner relationship building and assist with incorporating relevant government/partner priorities into country team TB strategies.- Assist in defining and implementing "diagnostic" assessments to identify strategic priority areas and workstreams for both global and country-level TB activities.- Facilitate cross-country learning and strategy alignment.- Develop demand forecasts and market models under various scenarios that account for product characteristics and pricing, donor funding, country regimen choices, and demographic factors. Models will focus primarily on TB drugs, rifapentine, TB diagnostics, and other new TB commodities.- Design data collection approaches and interface with CHAI’s country teams. Create quantitative models. Analyze and draw conclusions from large volumes of data from both the demand and supply sides of the TB market in order to advance CHAI’s collaborations with suppliers, inform strategic decision-making, and assess the impact of CHAI’s work.- Design models (“use cases” and “investment/business cases”) that can support programmatic decision-making by Ministries of Health (MOHs) such as scenario analysis for regimen transition and optimal service delivery.- Manage the development and maintenance of market intelligence databases, quantitative models, and forecasts related to prevention, care, and treatment for TB.- Track tender, regulatory, and pricing data. Compile and analyze global and country level procurement and performance data for TB drugs and diagnostic commodities to create reference prices and appropriate yardsticks for country comparison.- Build tools and models to support new drug adoption and scale-up and in-country forecasting and quantification exercises. Collect data as inputs for models. Lead forecasting training and sessions. Provide ad-hoc country procurement and forecasting support as needed.- Prepare analysis, build tools, and prepare slide presentations to support introduction and scale up of new drugs, diagnostics, and programmatic interventions, including costing, scale-up planning, impact analysis, and cost-effectiveness analysis.- Present analytical findings to internal and external partners. Draft internal newsletters and other communication tools.- Support ad-hoc projects with partners such as market sizing, procurement coordination, and global data sharing.- Liaise with CHAI’s Research and Development team to track drug pipeline and clinical trials data. Liaise with CHAI’s Supplier Relations team to develop materials for suppliers.- Provide ongoing fundraising support including the introduction and coordination of funding opportunities to countries as well as provide support on the development of proposals, concept notes, and associated budgets.- Provide hiring and surge support to CHAI Country Teams during times of in-country staff shortages and/or during launch of new TB activities, where needed/requested.- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Structure and drive quantitative and qualitative analyses that address key programmatic issues facing national HIV prevention programs; this could include issues related to monitoring and evaluation, target setting, procurement and supply chain, personnel utilization and demand generation among priority populations.- Inform strategic decision-making among CHAI teams and relevant external partners, including Ministries of Health through:- Analyzing and drawing conclusions from large volumes of data from several sources; - Creating quantitative models, visuals and analyses to estimate the cost and impact of VMMC service delivery;- Presenting analytical findings to internal and external audiences.- Provide strategic technical assistance to support CHAI’s in-country VMMC program transition to ensure effective integration in broader HIV combination prevention programming.- Support program management, including donor reporting, planning, budgeting and knowledge management to ensure best practices are shared across focus countries. - Proactively monitor developments related to HIV prevention across focus countries and at the global level – and ensure updates are shared with country teams to inform program planning and decision-making.- Support the identification and dissemination of in-country analyses to the global VMMC and/or HIV prevention community through the development and submission of abstracts, manuscripts and presentation materials to relevant publications and forums.- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by team supervisor.-
- Day to day administration of the EMAV including provision of end-to-end technical assistance to stakeholders- Support quantification and forecasting as well as monitoring uptake of products introduced through the specified EMAV - Effective coordination of suppliers, implementing partners and procurement services agents to ensure rapid access to products - Development of stock monitoring tools and dashboards to effectively monitor and map funding flows, ordering cycles, and delivery timelines- Support the drafting of process planning documents, policy guidance, and standard operating procedures that clarify and ensure effective use of the EMAV - Support the AHD team and program leadership in other relevant duties as required
• Support the government to apply resource mapping results to identify gaps against strategic plans and guide the allocation of resources, as well as to strengthen planning processes and other government priorities• Support the design and implementation of a health system diagnostic to identify sources of inefficiency and opportunities for reform to strengthen the health system of Burkina• Manage the development of key work products, including analyses, presentations, and concept notes across health financing workstreams• Develop situational analyses, including capacity assessment and stakeholder mapping, to inform support to governments on areas including financial management, pooling and purchasing reforms. This includes assessing and meeting with partners to be involved locally, regionally and internationally in the medium term to long-term.• Scope new opportunities for technical assistance in health financing, working closely with the ministry of health• Pursue opportunities for collaboration with other CHAI teams, helping to build a cross-cutting community of practice within country, organization• Other tasks assigned by the Program Manager
- Grant Management- Liaise directly with donors on financial matters- Support Global and Country Teams to create and revise grant proposal budgets and reforecasts that meet both internal CHAI requirements and external donor requirements- Ensure latest grant budget information is appropriately disseminated and understood within each sub-team at global level and by country team management (programmatic and finance)- Generate financial reports and invoices for donors, working directly with the relevant Director responsible for the grant, and work with the HQ Budgeting & Reporting Department to validate the reports- Develop grant-specific tools for financial management and reporting, for both donor and internal management needs- Lead on ensuring compliance with donor requirements- CHAI Financials- Lead on the review of G/L entries across all Project IDs funded through program grants and work collaboratively with program managers and directors on G/L adjustments- Prepare monthly analyses of operational expenses against the budget; work with program managers and directors to provide variance explanations and to make ongoing adjustments to programmatic plans- Work with Program Director to periodically review income allocations and closely coordinate with all program teams about execution rate, adjustments needed and other changes with financial implications- Coordinate annual budgeting and semi-annual reforecasting for the cervical cancer programs to ensure consistency and accurate reflection of programmatic goals given the financial resources available- Work with the appropriate managers to allocate and track funding from the cervical cancer programs to other CHAI programs. - Invoices and Contracts- Manage the business relationship with care-partners; lead on financial management, subcontract formulation, and compliance issues- Work with program managers and directors and Accounts Payable to ensure timely payment of invoices- Internal Operations Management- Lead on the organization of internal and external meetings- Work with global program management to run & continuously improve processes needed for objective setting and prioritization, work planning & budgeting, and progress review & updates for the global program- Support HR-related operations of the global program team, in collaboration with global HR team and global team management (e.g., staff contract & work authorization, safety & security, office registration)In addition, the associate might take on other responsibilities identified by supervisor.
- Develop M&E plan for RNTCP PPM schemes that are contracted by State TB Officer / District TB Officer- Support NGO PP partners in setting up robust M&E systems and processes. Provide proactive feedback to partners to improve data quality.- Develop data management tools, dashboards, analytics frameworks and innovations to ensure continuous and harmonized data collection, validation, analysis for monitoring and evaluation of program performance- Synthesize program performance data/information and promote its use in decision making for program service delivery and resource allocation through leading analyses, discussions with RNTCP and other measures- Support the district and state programme officers to monitor implementation of PPM activities by setting up regular work plan reviews, reports, organizing and participating in field visits, initiating data reviews and conducting program evaluations- Support the standardization of data collection formats and provide technical inputs on the Management Information System (MIS) architecture and roadmap- Regularly analyse the data captured in the MIS and provide summary of findings and recommendations. Work closely with RNTCP and NGO partners to address gaps, if any.- Conduct regular trainings of RNTCP program staff and NGOs to strengthen understanding of data systems and reporting.- Contribute to public health research study design and execution, including the design of sampling methodologies, determination of study sample sizes, collection of management and analysis of study data- Other responsibilities as needed
Requirements Gathering and System Design (10%)- Work with CHAI regional Health Information team and country teams to understand technological and non-technological requirements for malaria surveillance, including the monitoring of malaria epidemiology and the impact of malaria interventions- Develop coherent and technology-appropriate specifications for meeting user requirements across countriesTechnology Project Management (15%)- Test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionality to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications.- Effectively communicate to developers the latest development needs and priorities, oversee developers and make sure deadlines are metTechnical Support (60%)- Configure, update, and thoroughly test DHIS2 set up, including updates to org. units, data elements, indicators, Tracker and Event data collection forms, and dashboards based on country’s requirements and feedback from users- Configure, update, and thoroughly test DHIS2 API linkage with the Common Geo Registry – Test API linkage, update and set up org units, org units groups, data elements, indicators, and dashboards- Support configuring and comprehensive testing of DHIS2 android applications for country specific configurations- Built scripts to stress test system load, build customizations in DHIS2, run analytics on data integrity, and reproduce system functionality to ensure systems data quality- Support different systems integration as neededTechnology Implementation and Training (15%)- Develop testing templates and lead end to end testing processes of different information systems to ensure systems works smoothly before implementation- Develop and iterate on data outputs to effectively build- Configure and evaluate Mobile Device Management solutions- Assist with capacity building for government staff by developing manuals, SOPs, training materials and helping train country staff in the use of information technologyOther- Additional responsibilities as needed