Click column header to sort
- Support development of M&E plan and conduct regular spot-checks/back-checks to monitor the field work- Support development of training materials for the field staff and Conduct training for the data collection staffs- Monitor field work to ensure adherence to field plan and study protocols- Coordinate with research agency to ensure daily reporting of field targets and summarize progress through daily field reports- Assist in designing monitoring dashboards from data collected- Monitor data capturing and coordinate with field staff to ensure streamlined data capture- Other responsibilities as needed
Working together with and supported by the CHAI Lao PDR Laboratory Systems Program Manager and Program Officer and CHAI’s Global Laboratory Team, the Senior Associate will: Technical Expertise- Conduct national assessment of laboratory capacity to identify gaps and opportunities for laboratory systems strengthening investments, in collaboration with MoH and other health partners- Provide technical assistance to laboratory systems strengthening and improvement of laboratory support systems as per workplan agreed with MoH (e.g. supply chain management, lab information system and effective use of DHIS2, Ag-RDT quality assurance program, specimen transportation)- Transfer laboratory knowledge and skills (laboratory quality management, laboratory biosafety and biosecurity, equipment maintenance and calibration, quality testing at the point-of-care) to MoH laboratory staff- Support adoption and uptake of current and novel diagnostic tools, e.g. antigen tests, self-sampling and self-testsStakeholder Coordination- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the Laboratory space, including with the Ministry of Health, subnational level laboratories and testing sites and health partners and other relevant actors that play a role on diagnostics and testing services particularly on HIV, TB, COVID-19 and Malaria- Support communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders’ efforts to ensure coordination and successful execution of laboratory strengthening efforts- Work closely with the CHAI Global Laboratory Team to enlist support, capture and disseminate emerging best practicesPerform other duties that may be assigned by country leadership.
- Support in gathering, reviewing, and synthesizing publicly available information on in-country and UP, Bihar specific market landscape (both demand and supply side) of MMS and current standards (eg IFAS and other pregnancy supplements) and CC and current standards (e.g., other Methylxanthines)- Collect data from publicly available government and other databases and conduct interviews with stakeholders to understand procurement, guidelines, and regulations around MMS/CC- Conduct, analyze, and assess in-person and virtual stakeholder interviews and site visits across the value chain of Multi-micronutrient and Caffeine citrate supplements including but not limited to manufacturers, stockists, retailers, providers to develop a market landscape of MMS/CC- Schedule and conduct interviews with selected healthcare workers, providers, and relevant stakeholders (NICU staff, neonatologist and professional associations) to assess treatment protocols, awareness, utilization and recommendations for approaches to address knowledge, and utilization gaps related to MMS/CC- Conduct end user interviews to understand perceptions and usage behavior- Schedule & conduct interviews with targeted suppliers- Work with team to design strategies on increasing broader adoption of MMS and CC- Other responsibilities as needed
- Identify and define CHAI's overall strategy for various project areas, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Play a significant role in strategizing and building new ideas and concept- Coordinate project-wide outputs related to execution, implementation, reporting, compliance and updates- Lead the development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation on HIV information management, Point of Care testing, Viral Load scale-up and Early Infant diagnosis- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort- Support CHAI in fulfilling any relevant donor reporting requirements- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Program Manager or Country Director- Liaise with CHAI’s global teams regarding information about new diagnostic technologies and assist with in-country technical or operational evaluations or new product roll-out strategies to improve uptake of new diagnostics products as they become available- Disseminate information from CHAI and other sources on supply dynamics and access-to-drugs & diagnostics issues- Assist with budget and scenario analysis at the request of the NACO; help develop strategies to advocate for the changes with the NACO and/or partners- Provide assistance to the Manager for budgeting, forecasting, supply chain management, and overall health systems strengthening- Assist the team to build strong relationships with government representatives, suppliers and other key opinion leaders and partners- Provide operational support to the Manager to develop, plan, and implement multiple activities simultaneously- Develop work plans and budgetary projections for the program- Other responsibilities as needed
In partnership with and at the request of the Ministry of Health, working together with and supported by the EOC & Oxygen Team, the Associate will provide the targeted support in strengthen coordination in following areas:- Support the COVID-19 Logistics Committee to strengthen the collaboration between key internal and external logistics stakeholders to avoid and eliminate possible duplication of commodity support.- Maintain the COVID-19 Logistics Estimation and Modeling Tool in response to the emerging epidemiological situation by collaborating with the key departments/centers/hospitals. This Excel-based tool provides minimum and maximum stock quantity estimations for critical commodity requirements at central, provincial, and district warehouses and health facilities. This tool also enables the continuous tracking of pledges and good received and distribution requirements based on needs.- Support the COVID-19 Logistics Committee and key departments and centers in ensuring commodity needs and gaps are clear, and to coordinate donor support, including the process of coordinating, maintaining, regularly updating, and sharing the COVID-19 logistic master lists to both internal and external stakeholders.- Support Development Partner and MOH Coordination, including the development of monthly stock status and need updates and supporting coordination as needed between the committee and donors/stakeholders.- Update the stock monitoring and distribution planning processes based on the 2021-2022 COVID-19 logistic estimates, including support for COVID-19 vaccine distribution, by strengthening command and coordination between central and sub-national COVID-19 logistic committee on stock availability at the sub-national level.- Support sub-national visibility into COVID-19 equipment and supplies by mapping the central and sub-national COVID-19 item distribution processes and stakeholders and identifying improvements. Ensuring information is available for critical stakeholders and feeds into the existing coordination mechanism to avoid duplication and to rapidly address gaps in essential commodities.- Othre responsibilities as needed.Deliverables 2021L- Develop and regularly maintain a live version of the COVID-19 logistic gaps and needs, accessible to internal and external stakeholders- Develop the short-term process and central tool for tracking/monitoring the laboratory products received and distributed in alignment with the defined national gaps and needs, since laboratory items are tracked separately by NCLE and haven’t been integrated into the national LMIS system (mSupply)- Technical report summarizing 2021 progress and challenges
- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with key government partners (at the state and district level), developmental partners, and other relevant stakeholders to expand access to quality cancer care.- Support program team in areas of capacity building, demand generation, device deployment, and operational rollout of program.- Support in design and implementation of processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews.- Support Program Manager in donor and grant management and managing the operations and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate timeframes.- Monitor program implementation activities, including but not limited to, working with and engaging with field staff to review programmatic activities, track implementation of activities, and monitor and review outputs.- Aid and support other aspects of the cancer program by working closely with the CHAI state, country, and global teams.
- Support MoH on drugs & diagnostics related work streams (e.g., data-management, forecasting, new product introduction etc.)- Support MoH in drafting implementation plans and provide support related to costing strategic plans, assisting with surveys, etc.- Assist with the creation of operational systems to support interventions planned by MoH to achieve the elimination of mother to child transmission (EMTCT) of HIV and Syphilis by 2020 objective. This would include:- Developing a dashboard to map HIV and Syphilis testing landscape for Pregnant Women (PW)- Increasing access to HIV Syphilis Dual RDT test to improving testing coverage rates- Ensuring strong linkage between from between testing and treatment centers- Increasing sustainable access to Benzathine Penicillin G (BPG) for treatment of Syphilis- Supporting development of algorithms, guidelines, strategic & operational planning documents, costing models etc. to support roll out of the interventions- Build capacity on forecasting and quantification of drugs and diagnostic commodities in order to avoid stock-outs, reduce waste and minimize costs- Support MoH in the development and maintenance of high quality data management systems; Design and implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to measure the impact of Syphilis testing and treatment- Liaise with CHAI's global teams regarding information about new diagnostic technologies and assist with in-country technical or operational evaluations or new product roll-out strategies to improve uptake of new diagnostics products as they become available- Disseminate information from CHAI and other sources on supply dynamics and access-to-drugs & diagnostics issues- Assist with budget and scenario analysis at the request of the MoH; help develop strategies to advocate for the changes with the MoH and/or partners- Provide assistance to the Manager for budgeting, forecasting, supply chain management, and overall health systems strengthening- Assist the team to build strong relationships with government representatives, suppliers and other key opinion leaders and partners- Provide operational support to the Manager to develop, plan, and implement multiple activities simultaneously- Develop work plans and budgetary projections for the program
Vector Control – Commodity Forecasting- Work closely with internal and external partners to collate, interpret, and analyze vector control commodity data in support of a multi-year global malaria commodities forecast- Identify and quantify potential implications of changing trends in insecticide resistance, commodity pricing, donor and country budgets, available products, and normative guidance on vector control commodity volumes- Attend, contribute to, and sometimes lead meetings with key vector control partners, and support relationship building and relationship management with these partners- Support writing and editing of reports for the donor and dissemination- Analyze and review forecast model outputs- Attend and participate in key partner and internal meetingsQuality in Vector Control Products- Research the levers affecting vector control product quality, particularly bed net quality – including policy guidelines, minimum standards, pre-qualification processes, global/procurer/country-level quality assurance and quality control, transportation and storage conditions, and in-country monitoring- Package information from research, stakeholder conversations, and thought leadership into high-quality and clear presentations, reports, and publicationsNew and Pipeline Vector Control Products- Conduct literature reviews, stakeholder conversations, and data analysis on new and upcoming products, synthesize this information for dissemination, and provide strategic thought partnership on how CHAI and partners could support roll-out of new products- For innovative program initiatives, translate high-level ideas into actionable project workplans and pitch decks- Quantify the relevant market demand through top-down or bottom-up analyses- Support scoping for innovative approaches to increasing efficiency and effectiveness of vector control intervention mixes with the aim of efficiently achieving desired health impact of the preventive interventionCross-Cutting- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI at relevant working groups and meetings to provide appropriate technical support as necessary- Support the continuous development and refinement of the CHAI Vector Control Strategy
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:- Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Sensitize and create demand for support on data analytics and data use for decision making, working with SHA partners to articulate this need and providing continuity so that best practices and skills are shared and institutionalized within government.- Support use of evidence to identify gaps in policy and implementation, improving service coverage and adjusting pricing, payment and packages to create an effective health insurance program. - Build capacity within SHA for evidence-based management, including through day to day joint tasks and deliverables as well as trainings on various aspects of the health reforms.- Support analysis of program data to monitor performance, identify key challenges/bottlenecks and provide solutions- Identify KPIs and build monitoring dashboards to support effective programmatic decision making- Support coordination and knowledge sharing on key reforms between states as well as between the centre and state governments on a continuous basis- Develop and disseminate policy briefs and other knowledge products, in collaboration with government partners- Facilitate key meetings/events such as trainings, state coordination meetings, IT workshops etc- Provide strategic insights at technical working groups and/or other high level meetings and conferences- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scale-up, and develop innovative strategies to address them- Other responsibilities as needed
- Assess the field team's knowledge, skills, and requirement and create a roadmap for building capacity- Oversee and deliver training to field personnel at the state & district level in the areas of TB Guidelines, project implementation, Management Information Systems and softer aspects such as communication, rapport building, body language, time management, stress management etc. to aid quality service delivery- Develop an overall or individualized cadre-based training content and development plan- Coordinate with national, state and field teams to understand training needs and up-gradation as and when required- Create an onboarding plan for new hires at different levels of project implementation.- Develop tools to monitor the quality and effectiveness of training in conjunction with the M&E team- Undertake regular field visits to monitor field effectiveness and get feedback from stakeholders such as patients, Providers, Government staff, Doctors, and ASHAs- Understand consistent operational challenges of a particular geography, relative context and prepare specific training programs to resolve them- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and best practices- Other responsibilities as needed