Click column header to sort
- Participate in the design of qualitative and quantitative research studies and managing their execution.- Coordinate local ethical clearance and government approval processes and ensure compliance with all local research requirements and regulations- Obtain written government, partner, and site approval for access to individual data sets and their usage- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders of AMBIT and Retain 6.- Take ownership in critical scientific thinking and development of key work streams - Assess and monitor progress against overall objectives and milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors, MoH and key stakeholders, including achievements to date, action plans etc.- Develop and coordinate input for concept notes, abstracts, research articles, publications etc.- Lead data collection and data team management including:- Developing data collection SOPs, and monitoring tools for data collection teams- Participating in the training of data collection teams and ensuring that all staff have ethics training and are compliant with CHAI rules and regulations- Supervising data collection teams and quality assurance- Prepare final data sets for transfer to overall AMBIT & Retain 6 data teams- Participate in data analysis and abstract/manuscript writing in collaboration with the team at HE2RO and Boston University- Co-author reports, abstracts, presentations, and manuscripts- Participate in stakeholder DSD meetings and represent the two projects to the Ministry of Health, implementing partners, funders, and other stakeholders- Support, coach, and mentor project team members- Ensure all deliverables on allocated studies and those of any direct reports are met on time, within budget and in compliance to SOPs and regulations.- Perform other study-related tasks as requested by AMBIT/Retain 6 leadership in agreement with CHAI leadership.- Travel to study sites and to meetings and conferences within and outside Zambia as needed.- Perform other roles as assigned
- Build and maintain a thorough understanding of the HIV/AIDS landscape, health systems, priorities, and gaps both in Zambia and globally to identify strategic opportunities for program growth to achieve CHAI's overall objectivesProvide support to accelerate the introduction and uptake of optimal commodities for HIV - Support the roll out of new product formulations and develop interventions to overcome identified bottlenecks.- Support the team in assessing opportunities for optimization of national HIV treatment guidelines- Provide technical assistance to service delivery points through the Ministry of Health to identify and overcome barriers to access high quality, low cost ARVs and other essential medicines- Participate in the development of tools to assist MOH in validating, rationalizing and making efficient use of data from facilities- Complete analysis on the uptake of new formulations and develop interventions to overcome identified bottlenecks- Participation and advocacy in quarterly and annual forecasting & quantification meetings- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, implementing partners and NGOs to ensure ensure coordination of resources and efforts- Execute day-to-day activities to ensure that the team can deliver on all program objectives in a timely manner.- Support the team to meet all internal reporting requirements
- Lead the project management of our AT program, including regular review of workplans, reporting on results and progress, planning and coordinating of project team meetings, and monitoring of program financials.- Facilitate knowledge-sharing between team members and with external experts. Develop online toolkits with relevant resources and information to support program implementation.- Lead the development of case studies about our work that document new learnings and insights. This may include academic publications.- Develop, maintain, and update an overview of expert advisors and supportive resources that are relevant to the program.- Work with the communications team to create content and support dissemination.- Support the development, implementation, and revision of our strategy.- Conduct high quality desktop research and analysis on our interventions and keep track of latest learnings and developments at the global and country-level.- Assist county teams with the review of program documents, facilitating connections with experts and technical documents, analytical support and government engagements. - Help organize relevant in-person meetings.- Prepare materials to present the findings, written report and PowerPoint, with internal and external stakeholders, including donors; update based on their feedback and input.- This role requires taking initiative to identify new opportunities and take on other responsibilities as needed and as requested by line manager.
- Lead on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production and use of oxygen related equipment, services and ancillary system needs.- Guide stakeholders through equipment management life cycle including but not limited to system planning, technology selection, specification development, safety and operational risk assessments, procurement, distribution, maintenance, and asset management for proper utilization of oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment.- Provide responses to technical inquiries on oxygen commodities from key internal and external stakeholders. Provide support in the development of SOPs to guide the optimal installation, testing, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of equipment.- Uphold organizational quality assurance requirements and support quality review in the procurement of goods and services, and support CHAI teams to provide technical advisory and evidence-based recommendations to Ministries of Health to inform oxygen system investments.- Research and review technical dossiers of component suppliers and original equipment manufacturers.- Assist with market landscaping through market analysis, collating market intelligence, conducting industry research, and synthesizing findings to guide strategic decisions.- Stay informed on emerging technology and research developments in the field, both nationally and internationally, and disseminate this information to a broader team.- Develop knowledge documentations (Thought pieces, Toolkits, FAQs, lessons learned), and facilitate forums to ensure it is effectively disseminated and used across CHAI country programs and global oxygen community.- Supporting the development of tools for equipment monitoring and asset management- Other responsibilities as requested.
- Acts as the primary liaison with all global operations teams.- Shares responsibilities with Regional Safety and Security Managers for incident response management across all CHAI teams, with specific responsibilities for global teams.- Identifies, trains, and manages S&S liaisons on each global and operations team.- Provides operational support to the S&S Department, including the day-to-day work planning and execution of team strategies.- Works closely with Regional Safety and Security Managers and Liaisons to ensure that all department delivery deadlines are met.- Develops and coordinates accurate reporting to be shared as needed with a variety of audiences, including CHAI leadership.- Manages and tracks incidents and develops all incident reports for CHAI leadership.- Leads S&S-related training for individual travelers and new hires, including sharing all available internal and external resources.- Develops and formalizes S&S training across the global Safety and Security Department.- Maintains and routinely updates S&S Portal Page.- Assist the Senior Manager in planning of S&S department team building meeting as required- Conduct country visits with liaison with the Regional Managers as required to learn about the S&S challenges and operations
Leading Investigations- Serve as investigation manager for internal investigations, including assigning investigation teams, writing and reviewing TORs, interview documentation, outcome reports, and sharing recommendations with CHAI leaders; assist external investigations as needed, by providing counsel with relevant information and acting as a CHAI liaison.- Provide professional expertise to CHAI’s team of internal investigators, Global HR, Safety & Security, impacted staff and managers, and to CHAI’s senior leadership, while maintaining strict confidentiality- Liaise with legal counsel to evaluate and advise CHAI leadership and Global HR on country-specific investigation requirements, processes, and risk mitigation- Support CHAI’s complaint response mechanisms, including monitoring a third-party whistleblower hotline and responding to open complaints- Maintain CHAI’s investigations procedures, and engage with counsel to routinely assess and update procedures as necessary to adhere to legal compliance Training and Development- Own and update CHAI’s existing safeguarding and respectful workplace-related training content (online and in-person materials) and develop new training materials- Organize and conduct Focal Point Trainings for all new Focal Points (FPs), and make recommendations for new FPs in line with the diversity of CHAI’s global community- Build and promote additional safeguarding capacity across human resources (global and country) by sharing resources and training on conducting investigations and international best practices, such as managing gender issues in the workplace- Support program and country teams to incorporate safeguarding protocols, risk assessments and mitigation plans into their programmatic activities- Collaborate with external consultants to develop additional safeguarding resources as needed Monitoring and Evaluation- Maintain Global HR’s safeguarding tracker, outlining the status of complaints received, and lead weekly safeguarding meetings- Develop a safeguarding risk matrix to help identify and proactively manage current and emerging safeguarding risks- Prepare and distribute quarterly safeguarding summary reporting to CHAI leadership- In partnership with Global Operations & Contracts, provide quality and timely responses to donor assessments and review grant proposals to ensure alignment on safeguarding reporting- Develop M&E measures to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed CHAI-wide Strengthening Policies & Knowledge Management- Provide guidance to CHAI leadership on navigating highly sensitive situations, including supporting leadership when reporting safeguarding concerns to relevant parties- Promote knowledge sharing, documentation, and dissemination to all CHAI staff of existing safeguarding materials and best practices- Research and develop new tools and resources to support survivors of sexual abuse, harassment, and exploitation, including survivors of gender-based violence- Continually assess CHAI’s safeguarding program and identify gaps in knowledge and recommend appropriate enhancements- Additional Tasks- Act as a Focal Point and member of CHAI’s Safeguarding Committee- Support CHAI’s background check rollout- Other duties and projects, as assigned
- Closely collaborate with leadership to develop clear operational plans for execution- Build and maintain trust based relationships with the government and other stakeholders- Manage the integration and implementation of oxygen and related commodities to the supply management tools and systems, propose different options of an adapted Supply Chain Management strategy to optimize the distribution of oxygen cylinders and related commodities, as needed- Support the program in the development, coordination and implementation of trainings, conferences, and meetings- Design KPIs to monitor the oxygen and related commodities supply operations efficiency- Assist the development of programmatic reports by creating content, analyzing data, and synthesizing project activities- Provide technical and capacity building assistance to the government staff- Identify areas where support is needed, plan for and design the necessary programmatic support- Support the Program Manager to identify and bridge gaps pertaining effective implementation of the program’s priorities- Performs moderate to highly complex analyses and presents findings in a clear, concise manner- Other responsibilities as needed
- Provide health system expertise to CHAI country offices as they establish PPPs in selected Sub-Saharan African countries.- Direct CHAI staff on country and global teams on rigorous quality methods and diverse approaches and to drive the development of high-quality evidence to inform policy and PPP design.- Lead presentations and discussions with country governments (Ministries of Health and Finance) as well as with donor.- Facilitate and advise on negotiations and engagement with private sector bidders, on behalf of country governments to ensure value for money is achieved from the PPPs.- Drive evaluation of each country’s health system and analyze how PPP can improve quality of laboratory services, whilst increasing access, particularly among more marginalized groups.- Determine options for PPPs that deliver on national goals but are also affordable, and viable as business propositions for private sector providers.- Lead initial investment proposal for each country and play a key advisory role in each country’s in-depth feasibility study.- Advise country governments and CHAI country offices on potential procurement and legal pitfalls, support the design of a procurement and contracting process and workflow which maximizes the chance of receiving competitive bids and selecting a competent provider.
- Own and execute external and internal communications strategy to support goals of Assistive Technology program- Develop and maintain a comprehensive and easy to access suite of AT communication resources and best practice guidance for using and developing content- Support CHAI’s communications team to carry out wider communications strategy, including managing special projects for various teams at CHAI- Conduct strategic media outreach, including defining audiences, developing pitches, and building or updating media lists- Plan and execute strategic outreach to new and existing partners and donors- Write and edit materials including blog posts, reports, press releases, decks, social media posts, and more- Assist with internal communications and knowledge sharing
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analytical tasks using epidemiological, entomological, climate, and other related datasets to identify drivers of malaria transmission and inform the subnational tailoring of interventions.- Build the capacity of provincial, district, and health facility staff on data analysis and use through the implementation of routine and targeted capacity-building activities on data collection, data cleaning, analysis, and use using tools such as DHIS2, QGIS, ODK, and Power BI.- Present findings and recommendations from the data analyses to the Ministry of Health and Childcare provincial, district, and health facility stakeholders as a basis to inform the decision-making.- Microplan, coordinate execution, monitor implementation, and document progress and lessons learned on CHAI-supported activities such as DHIS2 routine reporting support, surveillance data analysis, clinical mentorship, malaria Epidemic Preparedness and Response (EPR), Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) Campaigns.- Provide the overall support and coordination of CHAI’s support for entomological investigation across all the CHAI-supported provinces and document progress, key decisions, and lessons learned in line with the annual work plan.- Maintain key relationships with malaria stakeholders at the provincial and district levels to ensure alignment of operations and priorities while minimizing duplication of efforts.- Support identification of operational bottlenecks that hamper progress towards set targets and devise strategies to mitigate the identified bottlenecks.- Any other duties as assigned by the manager.