Click column header to sort
- Monitor implementation of the EM O2 program in the state, ensuring consistent improvements in equitable access based on and support to government-led initiatives.- Support state program leadership to provide overall project management and oversight to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and on budget.- Coordinate with the other teams to exchange ideas and ensure timely delivery and progress on the envisaged operational plans.- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with GoMP stakeholders, and key partners at the state level.- Provide strategic insight at technical working groups and/or other high-level meetings/conferences as a representative of the organization.- Work with the program team to ensure high quality and up-to-date documentation of program activities and achievements.- Lead, guide, and mentor a high-powered team of motivated and entrepreneurial colleagues in the state.- Build the state program by continually developing capacity and skills of staff, identifying human resources needs and leading recruitment of new team members.- Work with leadership to further the scope of the program and identify new areas where the organization can deliver value, with significant beneficiary and policy impact to scale-up program implementation initiatives.- Undertake any other duties as requested by the state and program leadership.
- Support the strategy manager in development and implementation of the Immunization Delivery Programme ensuring consistent improvements in supply chain and service delivery through strengthening of Cold Chain Management, Vaccines Delivery & Logistics, Service Delivery, Data Systems and Review Mechanisms- Undertake primary and secondary research and deliver data-based insights to provide credible evidence for formulating systems strengthening strategies on immunization- Acquire data from public data sources and maintain data sets and support primary data collection from the field- Work closely with the programme team for providing effective data analysis against the set objectives and deviations- Prepare actionable and effective programme materials, presentations, reports for supporting communications with key stakeholders such as donors and government functionaries- Assimilate and triangulate information from multiple sources to monitor performance and inform strategy refresh where required- Support implementation of immunization systems strengthening activities to improve full immunization coverage and quality of immunization service delivery in key areas- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scaling up, and develop innovative strategies to address them- Co-ordinate project wide outputs related to reporting, compliance, and updates- Undertake any other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Design of tools for facility assessments, demand estimation, supply chain management, data analytics for various modalities of oxygen supply- Participate in field visits to monitor functioning of oxygen generation plants (Pressure Swing adsorption plants) and other infrastructure like LMO tanks, oxygen cylinders, concentrators etc. and provide technical support for biomedical equipment- Coordinate data collection and data analysis for oxygen related system (need assessment, analysis of oxygen capacities and gaps to inform decision making) in state public health facilities by securing necessary permissions and approvals from government authorities- Design of SOPs, Training modules, guidelines, supplier landscape, tender documents- Capacity building of public health facility staff including technicians on use of oxygen equipment and other technical aspects of oxygen systems- Provide support on AMC document and CMC document preparation and tender reviews- Provide invaluable inputs for development of oxygen demand assessment tools factoring in critical insights from government departments- Develop strong relationships with key external and internal stakeholders including government officials, affiliated institutes, and partners working in the oxygen therapy landscape in program states- Develop knowledge management library of all technical resources related to oxygen management- Conduct routine sessions on technical aspects of oxygen systems for internal EM team- Participate in meetings of field team to clarify technical queries and align on oxygen systems data collection from facilities
Regional support (~50% LOE)- Provide strategic insights to the development of country programs as well as the overall CHAI TB program- Serve as a trusted advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of topics relating to access to medicines and diagnostic devices (e.g., drug quality and pricing, market intelligence, regimen optimization, diagnostic accuracy and pricing, procurement, forecasting, new product introduction, product tradeoffs, costing exercises, implementation planning and scale-up)- Support the introduction of new, improved, or less costly medicines by supporting country teams with the development of new product roll-out strategies for Ministries of Health- Support country teams with budget and scenario analysis; help develop strategies to advocate for the changes with key in-country opinion leaders- Provide analytic support to improve data utilization to improve TB program decision making and identify opportunities to increase program efficiencies- Develop and leverage expertise in procurement best practices for medicines and other health commodities in low resource settings- Build country capacity on quantification and forecasting practices to avoid stock-outs, minimize wastage and costs- Act as the focal point to manage the relationship between CHAI country teams and global team members (including the laboratory services and HIV teams and other programs)- Share best practices and key supply dynamics and access-to-medicine issues across country programs to ensure knowledge is shared on the strategies, tools and program experiences- Provide mentorship and guidance to country support associates and country staff- Responsible for tracking and monitoring grant deliverables across CHAI focal countries- Partner with country teams to devise strategies to achieve grant objectives in line with country priorities- Responsible for reporting and annual reviews for donors and internal CHAI leadership- Responsible for maintaining up to date expertise on MDR-TB patient identification to cure practices and knowledge sharing among internal CHAI teams- Support CHAI TB director & associate director in budgeting/fundraising and team management as needed- Anticipated 30-40% travel regionallyCHAI Vietnam focused support (~50% LOE)- Provide technical assistance and general project management support to the CHAI Vietnam Country Team’s designated project lead (and other country team members) with the day-to-day project management of two upcoming operational studies that leverage innovative technologies for diagnosis and surveillance of TB at the country level (approximately ~50% LOE).
Under this Agreement, Consultant will act as an advisory capacity to WJCF and its relevant stakeholders. Key responsibility areas include:- Build strong relationships with strategic and key leaders within the state health systems (including but not limited to Department of Health, Medical Education, Medical Corporation, autonomous government institutes), NGOs/developmental partners and other relevant partners- Secure buy-in and support on the program on secondary prevention of cervical cancer with health leadership, concerned officials at the state and sub-state levels- Support program team in implementing programmatic activities in areas including, but not limited to:- Capacity building of service providers and frontline-workers on screening and management of common cancers, specifically cervical cancer- Strengthening access to cervical cancer screening and treatment of cervical pre-cancerous lesions- Expedite decentralized deployment of portable treatment devices to improve access to treatment of cervical pre-cancerous lesions- Support demand generation activities to raise awareness on cervical cancer prevention and mobilize beneficiaries for cancer screening- Support strengthening reporting and referral mechanisms to monitor program impact and ensure positively screened beneficiaries receive appropriate care and treatment- Other activities for successful operational roll-out and implementation of the program- Travel extensively within the state to visit health care facilities (PHC/CHC/CH/DH/GMC/TCCC) to assess and monitor health systems and effective on-ground implementation of the program- Actively engage with teams in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, and other states where organisation is supporting implementation and strengthening of interventions on cervical cancer prevention to leverage learnings, strengthen and facilitate interventions in the Consultants program state- Support program reporting requirements through facilitating periodic reporting on status / progress and key indicators or program deliverables through the implementation of the program in the respective state- Undertake any other activities as asked by program leadership Consultant will report to Program Manager during the Term of this Agreement.
Strategic Leadership and Stakeholder Management:- In collaboration with the Program Manager, define and drive the WJCF SRH portfolio strategy and lead the on-ground implementation of planned SRH interventions across the state of Madhya Pradesh- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and ensure alignment with government, donor and global CHAI strategies- Work closely with the departments of family planning and maternal health at the national and state levels to identify and bridge gaps pertaining to strategic priorities, demand generation, access to services, supply chain, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation- Co-ordinate with other local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or relationships- Work with global and in-country leadership to identify and pursue fund-raising opportunities- Create and disseminate material, to internal and external stakeholders, to effectively communicate WJCF’s achievements in the SRH verticalProgram Team Operations:- Lead team management of staff and field operations team in Madhya Pradesh- Design data-driven interventions: conduct rigorous background research, stakeholder consultations, lead comprehensive design process, develop programs and metrics, etc. that are in line with donor strategy- Draft field operation plans, training modules, discussion guides, research protocols and any other such documents for pilot interventions and accompanying studies- Identify and support in contracting implementation partners/third party data collection agencies and manage the relationships on a day-to-day basis- Develop and implement an audience appropriate communications plan - draft key documents, reports, presentations, and other communications materials- Devise holistic strategy for scale-up – synthesize pilot outcomes, impact achieved, and lessons learnt, conduct feasibility assessments, scope for right channels for scale-up and draft operational plansOther responsibilities as needed
Scoping (15%)- Work with malaria programs, MoH informatics units, and CHAI regional and country teams to understand technological and non-technological requirements for improving malaria surveillance data quality, access, including the monitoring of epidemiology, vectors, data quality, and case management indicators- Develop and document coherent and technology-appropriate software and hardware specifications for meeting user requirements across countries and regions (including DHIS2-appropriate specifications) for user workflows, data collection forms, dashboards, systems integrations, and other platform components as needed, in line with programmatic objectives and data use needs- Play a translational role in communicating technical approaches, user requirements and software/hardware specifications to non-technical staff within CHAI and ministries of healthTechnical Project Management and Support (35%)- Work with external developers to communicate requirement needs and priorities; test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionality to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications; oversee developers and make sure deadlines are met- Directly configure, update, and thoroughly test system set ups as needed, particularly for DHIS2, Reveal, and common geo-registry systems, including updates to users, locations, data elements, indicators, and dashboards based on country’s requirements and feedback from users.- Develop testing templates and lead end to end testing processes of information systems, including robust user testing, to ensure systems works smoothly before implementation.- Lead stress tests, system customizations, and run tests on data integrity and continuous integration of releases.- Support systems integration as neededTechnology Implementation and Training (35%)- Assist with capacity building for government staff and system institutionalization by developing manuals, SOPs, training materials; help train global, country and program staff in the use of information technology- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within malaria programs by monitoring and strengthening the quality of data inputs, refining analytical outputs, and developing context-appropriate strategies to strengthen the usage and analysis of data by the malaria program- Proactively identify gaps and challenges with system uptake and performance; identify and support execution of both technical and operational solutions improve system institutionalization- Work actively and closely with CHAI teams and government stakeholders to design and implement M&E plans to routinely assess the performance of digital solutions, as part of broader program M&E plansOther (15%)- Provide thought partnership, guidance, and hands-on support to non-malaria CHAI teams in the GMS region working in cross-cutting digital health initiatives- Knowledge management - manage and develop resources, guidelines, and other material to provide guidance to and share lessons across teams- Other responsibilities as needed
- Collaborate with CHAI Cambodia team and the Ministry of Health and relevant departments, and local partners to conduct a rapid digital health landscape assessment- Provide technical support to MoH in developing an operational workplan and roadmap in adequation with the National Digital Health Strategy- Explore opportunities for linkage between digital technologies and their use for social protection – protection of vulnerable populations- Collaborate with government to carry out capacity building, to ensure skills transfer and government ownership of digital health tools- Support partner relationships including navigating a diverse ecosystem of stakeholders such as government officials, subject matter experts, NGO staff, provincial health workers and frontline health workers. Ability to build consensus, manage expectations, and coordinate with these groups and in certain cases lead conversations independently- Provide technical advice and training as needed to support the development of ICT solutions through other project activities across CHAI Cambodia portfolio- Other relevant tasks as requested
Direct support to CMPE for malaria case management commodities:- Assist CMPE Logistics team to conduct the annual quantification of malaria commodities and to review and validate the outputs together with partners, including:- Coordinating closely with other team associates to ensure that all programmatic changes are reflected in the quantification, including VMWs integration plans, stock base needs, new products, and additional programmatic activities- Completing handover of the CHAI-built Excel tool to CMPE Logistics, including Excel training and ongoing involvement in the quantification process- Help CMPE Logistics team conduct the quarterly supply review and adjust the procurement plan as needed- Ensure adequate distribution of commodities to all warehouses, health facilities, and village malaria workers (VMWs) through eLMIS, planning, data analysis and visualizationTrack the supply chain M&E indicators to quickly respond to any stock problems; monitor progress and impact over time, and routinely report findings- Work with the CHAI Provincial Officers and the Provincial & District Health Office staff to improve stock management and ensure that all malaria products are actively managed with mSupply- Work with CHAI Health Informatics team to refine the DHIS2 stock dashboard with direction from CMPE Logistics team, ensure routine use, and support refresher trainings- Develop training materials and presentations with direction from CMPE Logistics teamDirect support to CMPE for malaria vector control commodities:- Ensure high-quality quantification, targeting, and prioritization of ITNs to at-risk populations- Support CMPE and sub-national government staff to improve the distribution and M&E of ITNs to ensure high coverage among targeted populationsNational integration of the public health supply chain:- Work with government health programs and supply management staff to ensure all health commodities in public stores and facilities are well-managed in mSupply and delivered effectively to points-of-care, including:- Compiling information on registration, quantification, procurement and distribution processes and timelines for health programs and document key gaps and recommendations for CHAI’s engagement.- Monthly monitoring of each program’s use of mSupply to ensure active stock management in the integrated system- Supporting CHAI health program teams with planning and use of eLMIS- Support the CHAI Emergency Operations Center (EOC) team with the EOC stock dashboard review and planning development- Ongoing work includes identifying data and capacity gaps that impact procurement, supply, and distribution systems, and working with the CHAI team and government staff to build solutions that fit the needs of health programs in the context of the national health system- Other responsibilities as needed
- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Conducting thorough market assessments for priority products and services- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key products- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, business cases, etc.)- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities in order to move forward market-shaping discussions- Other responsibilities as needed