Click column header to sort
Lead the development and coordinate the implementation of CHAI’s global eyeglasses access strategy. This includes:- Identify high-impact opportunities for increasing access to eyeglasses.- Identify and engage with strategic partners to drive the implementation. Examples include the World Health Organization, EYElliance, donors, professional associations, and academic institutions.- Develop and maintain a comprehensive evidence-based approach on what works to increase access to glasses, incl. u- data on the global burden, impact evidence, and best-practice interventions.- Develop a global CHAI strategy for increasing access to eyeglasses in consultation with CHAI country teams, technical teams, and leadership.- Lead the dissemination of this strategy, track progress and propose updates that are informed by learnings of context changes.Provide support to CHAI country teams with developing and implementing existing and new eyeglasses programs:- Facilitate knowledge sharing across CHAI program countries.- Help liaise with technical experts where relevant.- Coordinate or lead the development of global knowledge sharing products, this includes publications and external communications.- Where useful and relevant, support with the development of donor reports.- Where appropriate, assist countries with information to establish or strengthen local production.Help identify potential funders and develop concept notes:- Conduct a comprehensive mapping of potential funders.- Develop an engagement plan. This may involve coordination with our partners (e.g., EYElliance).- Inform countries about funding opportunities.- Support with the development of concepts notes and proposals. This may involve leading multi-country proposals.Work with global stakeholders via new and existing coalitions to increase awareness and donor investments that will drive change at a global scale:- As part of the strategy, develop a comprehensive partnership and advocacy plan.- Lead CHAI’s engagement with strategic partners, like the WHO SPECS 2030 imitative.- Identify opportunities for establishing new partnerships and evaluate ongoing partnerships.- Represent at global events, where useful and relevant.- Develop presentations and communication materials for internal and external audiences and stakeholders.Develop investment plans:- Map evidence on cost-effective interventions- Support the testing and evaluation of what delivery channels are most cost-effective for delivering eyeglasses to different target populations in various settings.Other responsibilities as needed by supervisor.
Safety and Security- Conduct in-person country risk assessments, develop protocols, SOPs, and plans, and evaluate the effectiveness of CHAI's S&S policies, in liaison with the Global Safety & Security Department.- Support country Security Point Persons (SPPs) in evaluating and maintaining country-level S&S documents.- Support country SPPs and staff to ensure risk mitigation measures are applied in accordance with the organization’s S&S materials and policies.- Liaise with security actors as well as the NGO, international and diplomatic communities, and any other parties to ensure organizational acceptance and awareness of security concerns.- Develop and conduct safety & security briefings and training for staff.- Develop and maintain travel (international and field trip) notification protocols.- Track international travels and field trips, and ensure protocols are met.- Ensure that field communications needs are met and that staff are trained in the use of any communications equipment as necessary.- Manage and track incidents and develop incident reports being shared with a Global S&S Department- Work closely with the Global S&S Department to identify learning and development needs related to S&S in the countries.- Support country SPPs and the Global S&S Department with incident response, including global support outside the Americas.- Act as the primary S&S focal point for CHAI U.S. office.- Conduct an initial assessment of new regions/countries for expansion of programmatic activities and prepare deployment plans.- Conduct risk assessment travels to new regions/countries to assess the possibility of establishing operations for new programmatic activities, and prepare deployment plans.- Perform any other assigned operational tasks.- Manage and maintain quality and compliance for all S&S/Operations materials, plans and SOP in compliance with CHAI Global Policies.Logistics- Assess the needs, look for proper office spaces, and supervise the installation of equipment and office utilities.- Develop and maintain country office transportation and vehicle movements and maintenance procedures.- Ensure valid long-term contracts for country operations for office lease, transportation service provider, car rental, lodging, fuel, internet service, and similar running costs.- Prepare annual logistics operation plans and budget requirements.- Provide logistics support to ongoing operations in offices.- Ensure that protocols are in place to correctly monitor the use of vehicles (consumption and mileage, damages, maintenance, administrative documents) and transportation service provision.
The Program Manager will be the strategic leader of the CHAI Honduras team, responsible for overseeing the vision and effective execution of multiple programmatic strategies and ensuring CHAI provides high-quality support to the Ministry of Health. Participate with the Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean in the definition of the Country Team's overall strategy, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact:- In collaboration with the Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean, build and leverage strong effective relationships with local key partners and stakeholders, identify and establish additional partnerships as appropriate.- Support the Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean on the fundraising efforts, including new program development, budgeting and the development and management of relationships with existing and potential donors.- Manage and lead the execution of all components of the Country programs, and ensure deliverables are met on time.- Lead the planning of CHAI operational and technical support to the Ministry of Health and oversee project performance against workplans. Disseminate outputs through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications and communicate them internally and externally.- Directly manage a team of Associates and establish effective communication and coordination mechanisms within the CHAI team to ensure well-coordinated and executed work streams.- Contribute, with the regional operations team, to develop clear operational plans for program execution in Honduras.- Contribute, with the regional operations team, to establish robust financial, administrative, and human resource policies and systems, ensuring they are aligned with CHAI global policies.- Support human resources management, including recruitment and management of existing staff.- Develop and manage annual program budgets in collaboration with program staff and regional finance team.- Oversee the financial management of the programs, including monthly cash flow and financial reporting, cash allocations and budget forecasting and planning wih the support of the regional finance team.- Wih the support of the Admin Coordinator, oversee internal management of the office's daily operations, including contracting with vendors, ensuring compliance with local laws, and interfacing with CHAI's legal and financial teams.- Perform other tasks as necessary.In relation to the objective of eliminating malaria in Honduras:- Explore innovative approaches and interventions to accelerate malaria elimination efforts. Stay updated on emerging technologies, best practices, and global trends in malaria control and elimination, and assess their applicability to the national context.- Continuously analyze program data and research findings to identify trends, gaps, and areas for improvement. Translate these insights into actionable recommendations and strategies to enhance program impact.- Act as a liaison between CHAI and national authorities, advocating for sustained political commitment and resource allocation to malaria elimination. Engage in high-level discussions and negotiations to ensure malaria remains a priority on the national health agenda.- Support regional health offices in Gracias a Dios, Islas de la Bahia and other high-risk areas of the country to implement, monitor, and evaluate malaria interventions.- Work closely with CHAI’s malaria regional and global management teams and technical advisors to set strategic areas for expansion and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed.- Lead local efforts to coordinate and collaborate with international partners, donors, development banks, and non-governmental organizations to align resources and strategies, avoiding duplication and ensuring a harmonized approach towards malaria elimination.
- Lead the project management of our AT program, including regular review of workplans, reporting on results and progress, planning and coordinating of project team meetings, and monitoring of program financials.- Facilitate knowledge-sharing between team members and with external experts. Develop online toolkits with relevant resources and information to support program implementation.- Lead the development of case studies about our work that document new learnings and insights. This may include academic publications.- Develop, maintain, and update an overview of expert advisors and supportive resources that are relevant to the program.- Work with the communications team to create content and support dissemination.- Support the development, implementation, and revision of our strategy.- Conduct high quality desktop research and analysis on our interventions and keep track of latest learnings and developments at the global and country-level.- Assist county teams with the review of program documents, facilitating connections with experts and technical documents, analytical support and government engagements. - Help organize relevant in-person meetings.- Prepare materials to present the findings, written report and PowerPoint, with internal and external stakeholders, including donors; update based on their feedback and input.- This role requires taking initiative to identify new opportunities and take on other responsibilities as needed and as requested by line manager.
- SERC members will assist investigators in determining whether an activity engages CHAI in human research.- Participate in monthly calls with committee to discuss protocols reviewed over the past month and be prepared to present their protocol reviews during these calls.- Provide input on the role of SERC within CHAI.- Provide input on the CHAI policy and the webinar once a year.If an activity engages CHAI in human research, a reviewer will:- Provide feedback about the appropriateness of the research aims, study design, data collection procedures, data analysis, and results dissemination.- Assist investigators with identifying an appropriate local and/or external IRB, as needed, to review human research and facilitate connection between the CHAI investigator and external IRB.- Support communication between investigators and IRBs as needed.- Respond to additional ethical issues that may arise from CHAI agents.- Determine whether clinical trial registration is required.- Ensure that study teams are aware that any drugs or medical devices purchased by CHAI for use in their study comply with CHAI’s Quality Policy.- Ensure that study teams have considered the impact of COVID-19 on their protocol and taken the appropriate precautions to protect the safety of participants and data collectors.If an activity engages CHAI but is not human research, a reviewer will:- Provide feedback about the appropriateness of plans for the design, data collection procedures, data analysis, and results dissemination.
- Manage the development of databases, analyses, and frameworks to assist in identifying and prioritizing market-shaping interventions- Collaborate with internal and external partners to analyze market outlook, supplier landscape, and production economics across a range of products- Work with CHAI country and global teams to evaluate the potential for various market-shaping interventions using the GMT market-shaping framework and other methodologies- Develop strategies and qualitative / quantitative analyses to support ongoing market-shaping discussions with suppliers and other key stakeholders- Create clear communications materials based upon analyses- Present findings of analyses to a broad range of audiences in meetings and conferences- Support relationship management with senior-level stakeholders internal and external to CHAI- Execute other responsibilities as needed by the team
• Manage the development of databases, analyses, and frameworks to assist in prioritizing commodities in need of supply-side interventions• Work with internal and external partners to analyze the market outlook, supplier landscape, and production economics across a range of products• Support management of relationships with senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, and other NGOs• Devise analyses and strategies to support potential negotiations with pharmaceutical companies• Design models to assess new opportunities to improve or expand pharmaceutical access programs in the developing world• Develop clear communications materials based upon analyses• Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences
• Assist in updating M&E framework • Ensure alignment of program M&E framework with existing data systems and results frameworks• Develop tools such as survey instruments, protocols, and databases for program monitoring and evaluation purposes• Establish baseline and end line measures across target counties and at the national level• Develop tools for the presentation and dissemination of information to inform program design and modifications by decision-makers and for optimization of program strategies• Evaluate current use of data systems at the facility, county, and central level and provide recommendations for integration of program M&E with existing systems and using existing population-based surveys and assessments• Build capacity of county and health facility staff in timely and accurate health data collection, management and dissemination• Contribute to donor reports• Conduct other formative and operational research as necessary• Represent CHAI at relevant technical working groups and meetings