Click column header to sort
Procurement- Prepare Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans for the grant. - Ensure that the grant budget is updated and is in-sync with the Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans- Track changes to the procurement as per the project need and keep in the donor and the program leadership informed of the changes- Assist the country teams with order processing and ensuring compliance to the Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans- Coordinate with the in-country team leaders and partner suppliers to ensure programmatic commodities are manufactured, shipped, and delivered in the country as per the evolving grant operational plans.- Draft RFPs for new products and commodities required by the program- Collaborate with the partner suppliers and assist them with production planning, forward looking capacity expansion and liaising with external buyers i.e., country government, implementing partners and donor organizations- Assist country teams with new product registrations, local distributor identification and negotiations- Collaborate with the country teams and the CHAI quality assurance team to ensure product breakdowns/failures are appropriately logged and reported to the suppliers. S/he will also ensure that replacement devices are shipped timely to the country teams to keep service downtime to the bare minimum.- Prepare/review shipment package (Airway Bill, packing list and commercial Invoices) and coordinate the shipment schedule (release to the logistic provider)- Coordinate with logistic providers on the shipments and assist in issue related to shipments and transit risks.- Prepare Purchase orders (PO’s) and related payment request forms following the organization’s procurement policy and guidelines.- Collaborate with procurement agencies (UNICEF) on procurement orders, planning, recording, and reportingOperations & Finance Management- Work with each of the countries to ensure timely receipt of budgets- Run validation checks on budgets received from each country, liaise with countries to populate any missing data points- Support monthly with the GL review (all countries and global teams) with a view on:- Appropriateness of expenses charged- Staff costs to ensure they are in line with budget allocation for the country- Highlight if any expense reclasses are needed and work with accounting to get those done- Support on a quarterly basis:- GL review as per #1 above- Work with countries to carry out tagging of expenses in line with the donor cost categories- Review allocation to expenses to different outputs of the program as budgeted/ agreed- Work with countries to update the Asset register- Review quarterly financial reports of key sub-contractors- Reconciling procurement related expenses with the procurement plan and corresponding entry into the books- Support on a bi-annual basis:- GL review as per #2 above- Consolidate all countries’ GLs into the donor format
- Oversee the operational execution of CHAI’s TB strategy.- Manage program performance against donor, grant, and internal deliverables and timelines.- Supervise country support activities and the country support teams.- Lead CHAI’s efforts to drive programmatic innovations that accelerate TB reduction and deliver value for money.- Manage processes and tools for planning, budgeting, and financial reporting as they pertain to the TB project/program implementation.- Manage relationships with external partners and coordinate engagement with key stakeholders and opinion leaders on specific topics including TB regulatory and quality issues, pricing, treatment guidelines, and market intelligence by attending international meetings as needed.- Represent CHAI at conferences, on task forces, and in other public fora; serve as a trusted advisor and partner to global NGOs and UN organizations on a variety of TB market access issues.- Administer global TB grants, which includes working closely with donors and cross-functional CHAI team on grant management needs.- Assist with the development of the TB country engagement strategy to address specific TB-related concerns within a given country, assist in balancing allocation of team responses against that strategy and supervise the implementation and execution at country level.- Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise in developments in the TB field at the global level.- Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: A. At the Country level, provide strategic and programmatic support to the design and implementation of in-country work within a portfolio of focus countries:- Contribute to the design, planning and implementation of high-impact work to meet in-country grant and program objectives related to immunization management systems, in line with the program strategy- Inform country teams of developments in global practices and policies to support strategic decision making, program strategy, and implementation at the national or subnational level- Develop strong relationships with country team counterparts and provide leadership and direct technical and analytical support in furtherance of country-specific objectives and activities- Be thoughtful about what it takes to make sustainable, meaningful change in health systems in developing countriesB. At the Global level, provide strategic and programmatic support to inform the global community and to develop CHAI’s vaccines program- Inform global practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners to immunization service delivery and increase coverage & equity- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in relevant areas (ie. Gavi, WHO, UNICEF SD, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, PATH, JSI, Sabin etc.) and establish yourself as a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community- Disseminate CHAI's programmatic insights to the global immunization community to inform policy and practices- Support thought leadership and development of CHAI's vaccines program, in collaboration with program and country leadership, including program/country objectives and strategies as well as scoping and development of new grants- Provide direct technical support to the development, iteration/improvement, and dissemination of programmatic “toolkit”. Elements of the tool kits may include, but are not limited to, resource allocation and planning of outreach sessions, global policies, tools, and lessons learned- Assess progress against overall theory of change, objectives & milestones for service delivery; recommend improvements and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management- Contribute as a member of the global vaccine team to the effectiveness and collegiality of the team, help identify opportunities and improve CHAI’s vaccines program and team
- Provide high-value strategic and analytic support to design and implement in-country initiatives which will dramatically improve vaccines supply chain performance in collaboration with CHAI country teams.- Provide input on the approach needed to meet in-country grant and program objectives related to vaccines supply chain, in line with the program strategy and model.- Contribute to the design, planning and execution of high-impact projects with country teams to sustainably transform the vaccines supply chain in CHAI focal countries. Projects might include diagnosing the end-to-end vaccines supply chain and developing strategies and interventions for improvement, improving vaccines ordering and inventory management which may include improved used of technology and data for management, assessing opportunities to integrate vaccines supply chain with other commodities, and supporting thoughtful implementation of data management tools and systems.- Support continuous development and effective dissemination & use of programmatic "tool kit", lessons learned, and other know-how related to vaccines supply chain across CHAI's vaccines program.- Contribute to the team’s efforts to inform national and global practices and policies related to vaccines supply chain.- Inform practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners to promote improved outcomes of immunization programs.- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in vaccine supply chain and establish yourself as a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community.- Support dissemination CHAI's programmatic insights to the global immunization community as appropriate.- Support the development of CHAI's vaccines program around vaccines supply chain, in collaboration with program and country leadership.- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives and strategies regarding vaccines supply chain.- Support scoping and development of new grants.- Contribute to program thought leadership in supply chain to deliver against current and future goals.- Support ramp up of new CHAI staff and new focus countries and strengthen capabilities of existing CHAI staff in supply chain, leveraging the institutional knowledge from CHAI vaccines program.- Support program and grant management, with a focus on vaccines supply chain work, in collaboration with program and country leadership.- Contribute to assessment of progress against overall objectives & milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, action plan going forward, and key risks & opportunities.- Support assessment of the effectiveness of CHAI's theory of change and approach related to vaccines supply chain in focus countries and recommend improvement opportunities.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Provide strategic guidance, planning, and management support to CHAI teams in Central America, Haiti and the Dominican Republic, with a strong focus on Haiti. as they operationalize malaria elimination plans at the provincial and community-level- Work with national malaria staff and CHAI country teams to optimize and cost national malaria plans by building Excel-based costing and budget models- Conduct costing and financial analyses and support the development of funding proposals and operational plans- Assist government programs and donors with addressing the long-term sustainability of malaria funding, by: forecasting future funding gaps, mapping and assessing funding opportunities (both innovative and traditional), and working other technical teams and partners to streamline and integrate malaria services to lower costs- Implement a diagnostic to help determine the key managerial challenges particularly around local malaria management teams betting set up by the RMEI, and develop a framework to help the government and partners prioritize solutions to these operational and managerial challenges- Engage with and cultivate donors, including individuals, corporations, and organizations interested in supporting malaria programs- Serve as a trusted advisor to CHAI teams and the InterAmerican Development Bank- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations and the private sector- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government programs and partner organization in the region- Other responsibilities as needed
Surveillance and analytics support- Supporting integration of data use and analysis in routine programmatic activities at all levels of the health system e.g. data review meetings;- Supporting development, integration, and institutionalization of malaria information systems, including data collection tools and dashboards;- Assisting to monitor and evaluate the performance of existing and new surveillance platforms, in collaboration with the health informatics malaria team at CHAI;- Developing guidelines, SOPs, and training materials for malaria surveillance activities;- Organizing and merging available data (routine surveillance data, survey data, GIS data amongst other data types) and assessing its quality and suitability for analysis;- Conducting statistical and descriptive analyses;- Managing and coordinating analytical projects related to malaria epidemiology, intervention targeting (e.g. Indoor Residual Spraying, LLIN distribution, health worker allocations) and surveillance, as required;- Synthesizing results and communicating them through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications;- Performing scientific literature review as needed;Programmatic/operational support- Formulating and delivering national and sub-national level training materials with a focus on analytical content (e.g. data management best practices, online data collection tools), and surveillance strengthening (e.g. improved data quality and use);- Assisting with the development of operational plans and accompanying manuals and guidelines to support malaria case detection, case management and vector control activities;- Developing and implementing M&E plans for CHAI and program activities, including monitoring and evaluating the implementation of relevant malaria interventions- Translating results to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making;- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations, with support from program managers;- Any other tasks identified.
• Manage the development of databases, analyses, and frameworks to assist in prioritizing commodities in need of supply-side interventions• Work with internal and external partners to analyze the market outlook, supplier landscape, and production economics across a range of products• Support management of relationships with senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, and other NGOs• Devise analyses and strategies to support potential negotiations with pharmaceutical companies• Design models to assess new opportunities to improve or expand pharmaceutical access programs in the developing world• Develop clear communications materials based upon analyses• Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences
• Assist in updating M&E framework • Ensure alignment of program M&E framework with existing data systems and results frameworks• Develop tools such as survey instruments, protocols, and databases for program monitoring and evaluation purposes• Establish baseline and end line measures across target counties and at the national level• Develop tools for the presentation and dissemination of information to inform program design and modifications by decision-makers and for optimization of program strategies• Evaluate current use of data systems at the facility, county, and central level and provide recommendations for integration of program M&E with existing systems and using existing population-based surveys and assessments• Build capacity of county and health facility staff in timely and accurate health data collection, management and dissemination• Contribute to donor reports• Conduct other formative and operational research as necessary• Represent CHAI at relevant technical working groups and meetings