Click column header to sort
- Support government partners with planning, analytics, problem-solving and implementing of their new vaccines introduction (NVI) strategy- Facilitate monitoring, evaluation and analysis for continuous program adaptation and improvement- Ensure the documentation of activities and outcomes to create replicable models and policy advocacy documents- Support the country to conduct micro-planning, including digital micro-planning, as required- Support the country to update phased introduction strategies based on vaccine supply allocated to the country following the Gavi vaccine funding application- Under the guidance of the malaria vaccine technical working group (TWG) and the respective MoH, conduct and disseminate research (knowledge, attitudes and practices studies, demand assessments etc.) to inform vaccine introduction planning- Develop malaria vaccine program training materials and conduct trainings (or support a training plan / program) aimed at all levels of the health system- Provide support for development and implementation of plans for comprehensive vaccine management, with strategies to reduce wastage and stock-outs- Support MoH to develop and/or maintain mechanisms for National Malaria Control Programs (NMCP) and EPI coordination at national and sub-national levels, including routinely reviewing roles and responsibilities of these mechanisms (and their membership) to align with the evolving needs of the malaria vaccine program- Develop and strengthen vaccine platforms to reach children at new contact points in the routine immunization schedule- Provide support for development and implementation of risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) plans to promote vaccine confidence, including development of relevant Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials- Develop or adapt monitoring procedures and tools to suit the malaria vaccine program needs- Support the MoH to plan and conduct supportive supervision with the aim of continuous improvement of the program,- Document and disseminate lessons learnt from the program to inform scale-up to other sub-national areas of the country- Perform basic finance and admin functions as needed, especially related to activities, under the guidance of the Finance Manager- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Deputy Country Director and or Country Director
Program Management:- Ensure effective management, coordination and synergies across all programs within the HSS cluster;- Oversee and manage all program staff working on the HSS cluster through talent management initiatives, succession planning and provision of continuous feedback and capacity building ;- Work with Human Resource in the process of hiring, promotion, and teambuilding to ensure effective team staffing, leave approval, administration and performance in a multicultural environment;- Provide direct support to program managers in the cluster in their strategic planning, budgeting, expenditure tracking, problem-solving, overseeing project performance against work plans and budget and overall grant management;- Work closely with the CHAI Zambia finance, compliance, headquarters and donors to ensure compliance with donor and CHAI regulations, ensure sound financial transactions including the approval of expenses based on set thresholds.- As directed by the CD, serve as official liaison between CHAI, donors, Government, regulatory bodies, partners, and other relevant governmental and non-governmental institutions on issues related to activities on the cluster.- Ensure effective documentation and knowledge management within the programs and provide technical guidance and oversee quality of deliverables and ensure that communications and work products that are shared externally meet CHAI standards.- Participate in Senior Management Team meetings and functions and provide strategic guidance and support on issues that affect the cluster.- Develop new and maintain strategic relationships with senior stakeholders necessary to advance the program objectives.- In concurrence with the CD, provide strategic direction in reprioritization, expansion, scoping of new initiatives, proposal development, coordinating resource mobilization and fundraising efforts to help achieve program objectives of the CHAI Zambia office.Technical:- Lead the design and implementation of projects to support Government’s HSS priorities in Zambia based on WHO and other health systems strengthening frameworks to achieve UHC.- Provide technical oversight in the implementation and execution of CHAI Zambia’s health systems strengthening interventions and guide evidence-based decision-making regarding policies, guidelines, and program operations;- Ensure technical congruence between program activities, Governments priorities, and donor requirements.- Provide in-depth and high-quality technical assistance/inputs to GRZ health systems strengthening programs, policies, strategies and proposal development processes at all levels- Based on a firm knowledge of the distribution, determinants and distribution of health-related states and events collaborate with GRZ and other stakeholders to develop innovative technical strategies to strengthen health systems at all levels to improve health outcomes- Provide technical leadership, strategic guidance, oversight and continuity of CHAI’s support to GRZ on the following grants/initiatives:- Strengthening accountability across various health programs in the cluster to improve equitable access to high quality health services.- Oversee the implementation of the Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, and Newborn Health program work plans including program planning, budgeting, coordination, forecasting, monitoring and reporting. Including the provision of technical assistance to GRZ to assist with SRMNH program design and rollout influencing national research, policy formulation, strategic documents development and analysis.- Increase access of basic health services in rural parts of Zambia by strengthening community health systems including the enrollment, training, deployment, supportive supervision and motivation of Community Health Workers such as Community Health Assistants (CHAs) as well as other community systems strengthening activities- Addressing Zambia’s health workforce challenges including the training, absorption, distribution and retention of health workforce as well as pediatric workforce scale up activities.- Development and implementation of strategies to build health systems resilience to absorb “shocks’ to the health system including ensuring access to oxygen such as liquid oxygen (LOX). Also, ensuring health worker availability, safety and competence in the provision of both COVID-19 and general health services.- Sustainable health financing through improved financial risk protection, financial management and performance- Increase access to Assistive Products (AP) and systems for delivering assistive technology (AT) in Zambia. This includes providing programmatic and technical oversight for effective program implementation.- Ensure all programs in the cluster are on course to achieving their respective targets through effective monitoring, evaluation and learning.- Seize opportunities to build capacity, skills and relationships with Government and cooperating partners to develop competencies that ensure local leadership and sustainability of the programs.- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Country Director. This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- Serve as a thought partner and contribute to a technically sound strategic vision for reducing the burden of malaria and NTDs across the region.- Communicate effectively across a matrixed organization, and coordinate CHAI teams and resources to ensure specific project goals are met.- Foster a strong team culture based on CHAI’s values, resulting in a cohesive and productive team.- Work with CHAI Program Managers to ensure that achievable project plans are in place and integrated with team and government priorities.- Organize and monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments.- Together with CHAI’s technical teams, promote the routine use of data and analysis to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions and inform strategic planning.- Identify and resolve operational bottlenecks and work collaboratively with CHAI teams to achieve exceptional results on aggressive timelines.- Provide inputs to technical deliverables (e.g. strategic plans, guidelines) and organize development of donor reports, concept notes or other products for external communication.- Rapidly digest and synthesize complex technical, political and operational information and expertly tailor results, outputs and action items to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.- Develop and manage relationships with key regional stakeholders, including government officials, donors, and academic organizations to foster collaboration.- Identify new opportunities within and outside the initial project scope, anticipate risks and be proactive in responding to them.- Other responsibilities as needed.
Budgeting and Reporting:- Develop in-depth understanding of multiple programs’ budgets and expense drivers/levers and support program managers/ budget holders in developing/revising budgets and guidelines, and preparation/submission of detailed program budgets.- Support the Director Finance and Program Managers in consolidation, validation, and analysis of operational expenses against budgets; provide variance explanations and effect adjustments to programmatic plans/budgets.- Review income allocations and closely coordinate with program managers on execution rate, adjustments needed, and reforecasting of budgets to ensure consistency with programmatic goals/plans.- Prepare budget presentations for discussions/approvals and incorporation of these in program reports/submission.Financial Management and Planning:- Prepare management reports/dashboard for tracking critical KPIs, and grants’/projects’ performance and advise Program managers on productivity metrics and cost efficiencies.- Handle routine accounting, transaction processing and month end processes under guidance of the Finance Manager concerned.- Support project teams in development of financial proposals/plans for new grants and support translation of these into detailed financial scenarios, cost heads/expense categories, phasing etc.Grant Management:- Support program teams in preparing, reviewing, reconciling, and submitting financial reports to donors and in setting up and implementing appropriate reporting protocols.- Support development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for grants management, budgeting guidelines and financial management.- Send timely alerts and reminders for coordination with other WJCF Offices.- Process partner agreements/contracts and coordinate timely release of donor tranches under guidance from Finance Manager / Director Finance.- Maintenance of all partners records and financial documents.Efficient financial risk management:- Support the Finance function in effective risk management measures, ensuring judicious utilisation of funds, adherence to budgets, and compliance with regulatory norms.- Support risk assessment of partners and institute measures including systems, processes, and training of partners (and WJCF staff) in compliance and risk management.- Ensuring strict compliance with donor guidelines & provide support during donor and other audits.- Support development and implementation of policies, systems, and procedures to ensure financial accuracy, transparency, and adoption of best practices.- Other responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
- Enhance and execute a comprehensive talent strategy aligned with the organization's overall goals, emphasizing organizational development and growth.- Lead the organization's initiatives in learning and development, performance management, external outreach, internal mobility, and compensation and total rewards.- Implement innovative talent attraction strategies to source high-caliber candidates from diverse backgrounds.- Foster relationships with external talent sources and industry leaders to build a robust talent pipeline.- Drive initiatives to enhance learning and development opportunities for all staff, including skills development, leadership training, and career advancement pathways.- Create and implement performance management processes that promote continuous improvement and employee growth.- Develop and execute retention strategies that ensure top talent remains engaged and committed to the organization.- Identify and address factors that contribute to employee turnover and implement solutions to mitigate attrition.- Collaborate closely with program leaders to provide strategic support, including organogram design, competency mix, and team culture enhancement.- Implement innovative approaches to foster a culture of excellence, inclusivity, and employee engagement.- Apply HR best practices and data analytics to drive informed decision-making in talent management.- Ensure that HR processes are continuously optimized for efficiency and effectiveness.- Establish and nurture relationships with external partners, industry leaders, and talent sources to support relevant talent activities and organizational growth.- Measure and improve the organization's working health and culture to ensure a positive and high-impact working environment.- Play a pivotal role in WJCF's strategy enhancement and execution while contributing to organization-wide process improvements.- Act as a key advisor on strategic initiatives, issues, and opportunities related to talent management and organizational health.- Any other tasks as assigned by the Managing Director.
Global Supply Coordination- Manage and support a team of four analysts tasked with improving country-level quantifications and supply plans through the GFPVAN. - Review and provide feedback on country-level analysis and insights, ensuring that deliverables are well articulated, structured, and accurate.- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to facilitate quick and effective responses between country and global levels to address actual or potential stock imbalances.- Flag CHAI focus country commodity gaps to key stakeholders at the global level, gain consensus on the gaps, and enact concrete solutions- Provide technical support and thought partnership to the VAN initiative which aims to better enable collaboration around the supply/demand planning and exception management- Develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders working in SRH commodity security and become established as a respected and trusted thought leader within CHAI and within the global community- Conduct analyses of global consumption or procurement data, or other information, as needed- Liaise with the Global SRH Supplies group and provide country insight to support market shaping effortsMarket Monitoring and Access Strategies- Support market visibility efforts, including collection, analysis and visualization of key data to provide improved access to product markets- Conduct product landscapes, as required, to inform market access strategies- Collect, analyze and use data from suppliers, procurers and end user surveys to inform market access strategies for specific reproductive health productsPeople Management- Guide and oversee a team of four analysts, offering both technical and programmatic support across various work streams- Foster a collaborative and innovative team environment, ensuring that each team member understands their roles and responsibilities within the context of the broader organizational goals- Provide hands-on guidance and expertise in technical matters, sharing your deep knowledge to assist the team in overcoming technical challenges and making informed decisions- Actively engage with each direct report to understand their individual career aspirations and professional development objectives- Continuously monitor progress of direct reports, provide constructive feedback, and identify opportunities for skill enhancement and career growthKnowledge Management- Inform program design and activities based on global evidence and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners- Develop and coordinate with SRH team members to develop global goods and knowledge products that advance our global evidence baseGeneral- Work collaboratively with CHAI teams to achieve project goals- Provide analytical and management support as requested- Contribute to donor reports- Travel to meet with global stakeholders in Washington, D.C., Copenhagen and New York as well as to countries in Africa and Asia- Other responsibilities as needed
Application and Grant Coordination- Support the day-to-day operations of the small-grants fund, including tracking deadlines, following-up with relevant stakeholders, storing applicant information and providing timely responses to inquiries and questions- Update tools with timely information regarding applicants’ and grantees’ status in the application and grant-life cycle- Coordinate the end-to-end grants and contracts processes with internal and external parties- Support the process of consolidating application feedback from reviewers and returning this to applicants for iterationSystems and Tools- Support development and/or revision of applications, reporting materials and processes as required- Contribute ideas towards strengthening processes and creating efficiencies wherever possible- Proactively flag risks associated with processes, applicants or subgranteesExternal Engagement- Manage the small-grants fund inbox ensuring all communications are adequately responded to- Participate in external stakeholder calls as needed in order to provide updates on applicants and granteesData Analysis and Dissemination- Support documentation and dissemination of successes and learnings arising from the COF- Analyze and synthesize key information for internal and external audiences- Collect and track outcomes of COF investments in order to support impact analysesGeneral- Communicate effectively in a matrixed work environment across various stakeholders- Other responsibilities as needed- Option to travel internationally 1-2 times per year
- Coordinate CHAI efforts related to SRH product introduction for 1-2 products- Develop qualitative/quantitative analyses to support SRH product introduction and scale-up strategies- Develop M&E frameworks and monitor key indicators relevant to support SRH product introduction and scale-up strategies- Conduct analyses of global consumption or procurement data, or other information, as needed- Create clear communications materials based upon analyses- Present findings of analyses to a broad range of audiences in meetings and conferences- Support relationship management with senior-level stakeholders internal and external to CHAI- Develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders working in SRH supplies and commodity security- Work with country focal points on the GSRH team to provide input into country strategies on specific technical areas related to product introduction roll-out, supply-chain, and policy- Work collaboratively with various internal teams to achieve project goals- Contribute to key internal team operations and culture-building initiatives such as Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion- Contribute to grant development and donor reports as needed- Provide analytical support or support other projects as requested- Travel to meet with global stakeholders as well as to CHAI focus countries in Africa and Asia as needed
Strategy and Portfolio Growth- Help lead development of CHAI’s overall SRMNH strategy, including development of goals, strategies, and resource mobilization- Lead GSRH participation in the development and execution of supply side strategies with the Global Markets team- Lead the development and implementation of CHAI’s demand-side SRH product strategies- Engage with donors and collaborate with the Senior Director to develop innovative ideas and write grant proposals- Work to identify and engage new donors for CHAI’s SRH agenda and support growth of the SRH portfolio, in collaboration with Senior Director- Identify and pursue opportunities with existing donors for CHAI’s SRH agenda and support growth of the SRH portfolio, in collaboration with Senior Director- Stay abreast of the evolving SRH landscape, monitoring key trends in the field, and support learning within the GSRH team and across CHAIProgram Leadership- Set direction and oversee implementation of all supplies workstreams (e.g. HIUD, GFPVAN, SEMA, UNFPA, DMPA SC, COF, MA Combipack, LNG 1.5, Implants)- Set direction and oversee grant management of supplies focused grants (RHSC GFPVAN, CIFF LNG 1.5, CIFF COF, FCDO, BMGF HIUD, BMGF DMPA SC—TBD)- Engage with country leadership, as needed and in coordination with Senior Director, to garner buy-in on program objectives, solicit their support for problem resolution, and ensure SRH projects are prioritized- Develop a trusted relationship and dialogue with program leads on other CHAI teams relevant to SRH and to foster collaboration and ensure alignment on priorities, strategies, processes, and objectives; including leading engagement with CHAI Global SRH Markets Team- Identify and share key program risks and/or impact with CHAI leadership, in conjunction with Senior DirectorTeam Management- Supervise Supplies program managers and their teams, providing guidance and support for those individuals to deliver on all aspects of their responsibilities (grant management, country support, knowledge management)- Foster the continuous growth and performance of all direct reports through active coaching and leadership and make promotion and salary increase recommendations- Help to shape the culture, operations, and dynamics of Global SRH through regular communication and activities that build team effectiveness and cohesion across geographies and work streams- Support administrative, operational, human resource, recruitment, and finance functions on the team as needed- Role model the values and mission of CHAI and the team norms of Global SRHGlobal External Engagement and Portfolio Growth- Build, strengthen and leverage complex and nuanced external stakeholder relationships, including UNFPA, donors, implementing partners, community partners, technical partners, and suppliers- Lead engagement with current donors on supplies focused grants (e.g. RHSC, CIFF, BMGF)- Represent CHAI in international fora as needed to guide SRH related priorities, global guidance, and coordination to accelerate the development and increase uptake of SRH products and services
- Participate in all relevant administrative, financial and project related review and planning meetings (including preparation of project budgets).- Responsible for organizational and project related bookkeeping / accounting work, including recording of all financial transactions using accounting software.- Ensure booking of expenses in line with approved budget, accounts code, budget line etc for proper reporting and monitoring of expenses.- Ensure completion of all the documents in vouchers before processing the payment.- Process payments to partners, vendors, and employees on timely basis.- Ensure timely settlement of advance payments to staff/vendors.- Ensure timely payment of monthly statutory dues, closure of monthly accounts and reporting.- Prepare monthly office / project specific financial reports. Assist with reconciliation of books of accounts with overall accounts maintained by the Head Office.- Ensure that administrative and financial registers (like registers for attendance, leave records, Staff movement, personal vehicle use, incoming and outgoing correspondence, stocks) are maintained properly.- Assist the Finance Officer/Lead in all financial audit related activities, at project or organizational level.- Undertake any other activities and responsibilities as reasonably required by the organization/Supervisor.- Maintaining appropriate files/records/documents towards meeting legal and statutory requirements.