Click column header to sort
- Assess in-country infrastructure and collaborate with the country team/s to prepare implementation plan for scaling up OpenLMIS across Ministry of Health designated facilities; document the implementation plan; support country team in executing implementation plan- Assess, document, coordinate and develop integration with Ministry of Health systems including CMIS and MS Dynamics Navision ERP- Identify and document user feedback, issues, and gaps in the system; collaborate with country team to prioritize said gaps; liaise with OpenLMIS Global Tech- Team for incorporating gap resolutions in the system- Provide ongoing support to country teams during implementation of OpenLMIS- Assess in-country IT resources available and collaborate with the country team to prepare post-implementation support and maintenance plan; document the support plan; support country team in setting up Support and Maintenance team- Assist in developing a detailed implementation plan for software release and deployment
- Under this Agreement, Consultant will act as an advisory capacity to CHAI and its relevant stakeholders. Specifically, Consultant will: - Build strong relationships for CHAI with strategic and key leaders within the state health systems (including but not limited to Department of Health, Medical Education, Medical Corporation, autonomous government institutes), NGOs/developmental partners and other relevant allied bodies- Secure buy-in and support on the program on secondary prevention of cervical cancer with health leadership, concerned officials at the state and sub-state levels- Create an enabling environment in terms of policy, relationships and systems to support program scale-up ensure program goals are achieved- Support program team in implementing programmatic activities in areas including, but not limited to:- Capacity building of service providers and frontline-workers on screening and management of common cancers, specifically cervical cancer- Strengthening access to cervical cancer screening and treatment of cervical pre-cancerous lesions- Expedite decentralized deployment of treatment devices to improve access to treatment of cervical pre-cancerous lesions and enable a screen & treat approach for cervical cancer prevention- Support demand generation activities to mobilize beneficiaries for cancer screening- Support strengthening reporting and referral mechanisms to monitor program impact and ensure positively screened beneficiaries receive appropriate care and treatment; and- Other activities for successful operational roll-out and implementation of the program- Travel extensively within the state to visit health care facilities (PHC/CHC/CH/DH/GMC/TCCC) to assess and monitor health systems and effective on-ground implementation of the program- Actively engage with CHAI teams in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh and other states where CHAI is support implementation and strengthening of interventions on cervical cancer prevention to leverage learnings and strengthen / facilitate interventions in the Consultants program state- Support program reporting requirements through facilitating periodic reporting on status / progress and key indicators or program deliverables through the implementation of the program in the respective state- Undertake any other activities as asked by program leadership
• Lead in supporting the MOH to Improve the efficiency and performance of vaccine cold chain in Cameroon. • Support the EPI in the implementation of the CCEOP platform.• Support the updating of the recently conducted Cold Chain Inventory (CCI) and facilitate its use for decision-making. • Support identification of optimal new equipment, following full options appraisal including new technologies. • Support the development of a robust maintenance system for cold chain equipment.• Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices on vaccine cold chain improvement. • Support the implementation of robust temperature management systems at all levels of the health system. • Support the elimination of exposure to temperature excursions during transport.• Provide technical support for development of new state of the art central cold chain facilities.• Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact. • Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scale-up, and develop innovative strategies to address them. • Liaise closely with technical partners in government to monitor and evaluate interventions against objectives and targets, bringing in technical expertise when needed to ensure rapid implementation. • Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort for successful implementation and scale-up. • Support the Program Manager to develop and manage work plans, budgets, schedules and logistics plans for key activities. • Perform other tasks as necessary.
- Under guidance of NVBDCP and sector specialists, review existing M&E systems, vector surveillance tools and indicators in use by the government and relevant partners; identify sources of data available and flow of information. Identify key bottlenecks towards achievement of National and state goals for overall management of VL, LF and other VBDs.- Facilitate development of tools for monitoring performance of sentinel site data and vector surveillance for actionable guidance to states and various stakeholders.- Facilitate in project monitoring and surveillance reports as required, in collaboration with MOH, NVBDCP, TSU and other VBD staff/stakeholders; identify implementation risks, and proactively propose mitigating solutions.- Support the TSU team in operationalising and integrating the analytical framework with existing government systems.- Facilitate development of indicators/templates for report/dash boards/scorecards as per project requirement on monthly or quarterly basis for sharing with states and other stakeholders for VBDs surveillance.- Support TSU in coordinating with partners, donors, agencies, and ministries for programmatic interventions vis-à-vis vector surveillance issues and knowledge building/sharing.- Undertake periodic visits to States/UTs and districts to review data quality, identify challenges and address gaps.- Support in design and implementation of innovative approaches and recommendations to address key surveillance gaps in the programs at the national and state level.- Recommend newer areas for studies/research in coordination with partners, organizations, academic institutes and establish research linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration.- Support planning and commissioning project reviews, communicating the review’s results and undertake follow-up actions.- Support NVBDCP in building capacity at the national and state level to enable efficient and effective programming through the development and institutionalization of evidence driven solutions.- Support NVBDCP in assessment and optimization of its laboratory and diagnostic facilities. Provide recommendations to its further enhancements and effective use to include newer diagnostic technology and forecasting.- Coordinate regular program review meetings, technical workshops, and task force meetings.- Undertake any other duties as requested by the TSU Lead/Director and other sector specialists.
- Provide strategic guidance, planning, and management support to CHAI teams in Central America, Haiti and the Dominican Republic, with a strong focus on Haiti. as they operationalize malaria elimination plans at the provincial and community-level- Work with national malaria staff and CHAI country teams to optimize and cost national malaria plans by building Excel-based costing and budget models- Conduct costing and financial analyses and support the development of funding proposals and operational plans- Assist government programs and donors with addressing the long-term sustainability of malaria funding, by: forecasting future funding gaps, mapping and assessing funding opportunities (both innovative and traditional), and working other technical teams and partners to streamline and integrate malaria services to lower costs- Implement a diagnostic to help determine the key managerial challenges particularly around local malaria management teams betting set up by the RMEI, and develop a framework to help the government and partners prioritize solutions to these operational and managerial challenges- Engage with and cultivate donors, including individuals, corporations, and organizations interested in supporting malaria programs- Serve as a trusted advisor to CHAI teams and the InterAmerican Development Bank- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations and the private sector- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government programs and partner organization in the region- Other responsibilities as needed
- Provide thought partnership to program directors and managers on key success factors such as designing of team structures, aligning of talent requirement, augmenting of skills, and planning for team growth.- Act as an advisor to determine effective recruitment strategies that ensure appropriate links with succession planning and talent management processes.- Work collaboratively with Hiring Teams to determine appropriate and equitable offer terms ensuring consistent implementation of the compensation framework and practices.- Provide compensation support that includes, but is not limited to, monitoring and analyzing compensation, ensuring equity across job levels and career tracks, facilitating adherence to CHAI compensation framework, and providing relevant data to support annual compensation review.- Work closely with CHAI’s Talent Acquisition Partner to optimize CHAI’s ‘Internal Candidate Pipeline’. Inform current staff in the India office about the ‘internals process’ and provide recommendations for upward and lateral mobility within the organization.- Collaborate with India Leadership and Global Human Resource Partners to ensure onboarding is streamlined.- Provide professional development support to staff as needed, including management training, career development, guidance on delivering and receiving feedback, address employee relations issues & succession planning.- Lead the creation and implementation of staff engagement/training programs to promote organization culture.- Support staff with inward and outward transitions and manage alumni network and leverage relationships accordingly.- Provide oversight on benefits management, payroll administration, project start up and close out support, systems management and data record-keeping, leave record keeping, contract management for staff, independent contractors, and volunteers.- Work closely with Country Director and Global HR on implementation of and adherence to CHAI’s Global Code of Conduct.- Advise the Country Director and Leadership team on employee related issues, handle investigations and liaise with legal counsel for resolution as appropriate.
- Lead and execute, under the guidance of the State Team Lead, the process of strategy formulation for the Immunization programme in Bihar to support GoB achieve its programme outcomes timely and effectively- Design, validate and drive innovative interventions for enhancing evidence-based decision making for the immunization programme in Bihar- Develop and implement strategies for improving immunization data availability & accuracy- Develop transformative programme review mechanisms to drive performance- Leverage & integrate multi-modal immunization & other public health data and field insights to deliver evidence-based insights for internal & external immunization programme strategy- Support key government and public health stakeholders in long term planning & programme review as well as short term decision making for immunization through advanced data analytics, predictive modelling, situation analysis etc.- Lead, guide, and mentor a high-powered strategy team capable of designing and delivering impactful solutions in swift timelines- Lead the strategic & operational planning for the Immunization programme and undertake regular strategy reviews for course correction- Ensure strategic alignment across sub-teams. Identify opportunities for collaboration and resource optimization across the Immunization programme team interventions- Build effective and functional relationships with immunization partners in the state to identify synergies- Support CHAI leadership in managing donor & grant, operations, and finances of the programme to meet deliverables within the appropriate timeframes- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state- Perform other responsibilities as requested by Immunization Program State Team Lead
- Support the identification of priority blocks/districts for intensive coverage improvement efforts by the Immunization team- Support comprehensive field diagnostics in identified blocks/districts and provide oversight for the creation & monitoring of block/district-specific RI coverage improvement action plans- Design, validate and drive innovative interventions for enhancing evidence-based decision making for the immunization programme in Bihar- Develop and implement strategies for improving immunization data availability & accuracy- Develop transformative programme review mechanisms to drive performance- Ensure effective and regular engagement of the project with critical government immunization stakeholders at the state, district, and block levels- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state- Perform any other responsibilities as requested by the supervisor
CHAI currently seeks a Senior Health Economist to work with the Rwanda Social Security Board (RSSB), reporting to the Deputy Director General Benefits, to help improve the use of evidence through economic evaluations for policy decision making. The senior health economist will lead thedesign and support the implementation of the new data analytics strategy through rapid and comprehensive economic evaluations aimed to help RSSB deliver successfully on their key strategic initiatives for 2020/2025 regarding the two medical insurance schemes (CBHI and RAMA). This effort is cornerstone to RSSB’s goal to contribute to journey towards universal health coverage by expanding interventions covered, at the same time improving sustainability of the health insurance scheme resources. The sustainability will be achieved through improving decision making processes to inform important policy and operational decisions. Greater availability and use of economic evaluations will be critical to improving the health of Rwandans, as it will help government leaders make more informed decisions on which health interventions to provide coverage and improve the financial sustainability of the various insurance schemes, and RSSB as a whole. The senior health economist will also help design and implement the framework for improved evaluation processes, and support to the set-up of a health economics team and systems within RSSB. This will take place in parallel with the implementation of a new benefit package design, and the implementation of a new IT automation system, and hence the economist will work closely with the CBHI and RAMA teams to translate of data needs into system requirements. This is a top government priority, and the Economist will therefore be seconded to RSSB reporting directly to the Deputy Director General - Benefits. Job description:The key functions and deliverables of this role will include, to: - Develop innovative solutions for trend recognition and analysis using advanced statistic from RSSB databases (membership, claims, reimbursements) to drive optimization and improvement of RSSB health benefits using advanced economic and statistical methodology- Provide direct technical assistance (including training and coaching) to the Ministry of Health and partners to work on Health technology Assessment (HTA), evidence synthesis, health benefits packages and clinical guidelines and ensure value for money and quality in service delivery.- Provide guidance to the RSSB/CBHI on research methodologies and assessment protocols to maximize linkages to ongoing work and contribute to the writing, editing, and publishing of reports and peer reviewed articles as relevant; prepare presentations and policy briefs- Support the set-up of a health benefit package prioritization team within RSSB, recruit and onboard team members, building capacity in for innovative qualitative and quantitative analyses that link complex datasets such as patient records and CBHI claims data- Participate in meetings, technical working groups and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with various partners and stakeholders- Work with other departments to promote the adoption of analytical principles and coordinate efforts among multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of answers to the policy questions- Provide technical assistance in developing and updating the list of services covered by CBHI and RAMA using the best available evidence.
Surveillance and analytics support- Supporting integration of data use and analysis in routine programmatic activities at all levels of the health system e.g. data review meetings;- Supporting development, integration, and institutionalization of malaria information systems, including data collection tools and dashboards;- Assisting to monitor and evaluate the performance of existing and new surveillance platforms, in collaboration with the health informatics malaria team at CHAI;- Developing guidelines, SOPs, and training materials for malaria surveillance activities;- Organizing and merging available data (routine surveillance data, survey data, GIS data amongst other data types) and assessing its quality and suitability for analysis;- Conducting statistical and descriptive analyses;- Managing and coordinating analytical projects related to malaria epidemiology, intervention targeting (e.g. Indoor Residual Spraying, LLIN distribution, health worker allocations) and surveillance, as required;- Synthesizing results and communicating them through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications;- Performing scientific literature review as needed;Programmatic/operational support- Formulating and delivering national and sub-national level training materials with a focus on analytical content (e.g. data management best practices, online data collection tools), and surveillance strengthening (e.g. improved data quality and use);- Assisting with the development of operational plans and accompanying manuals and guidelines to support malaria case detection, case management and vector control activities;- Developing and implementing M&E plans for CHAI and program activities, including monitoring and evaluating the implementation of relevant malaria interventions- Translating results to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making;- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations, with support from program managers;- Any other tasks identified.