Click column header to sort
Procurement- Prepare Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans for the grant. - Ensure that the grant budget is updated and is in-sync with the Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans- Track changes to the procurement as per the project need and keep in the donor and the program leadership informed of the changes- Assist the country teams with order processing and ensuring compliance to the Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans- Coordinate with the in-country team leaders and partner suppliers to ensure programmatic commodities are manufactured, shipped, and delivered in the country as per the evolving grant operational plans.- Draft RFPs for new products and commodities required by the program- Collaborate with the partner suppliers and assist them with production planning, forward looking capacity expansion and liaising with external buyers i.e., country government, implementing partners and donor organizations- Assist country teams with new product registrations, local distributor identification and negotiations- Collaborate with the country teams and the CHAI quality assurance team to ensure product breakdowns/failures are appropriately logged and reported to the suppliers. S/he will also ensure that replacement devices are shipped timely to the country teams to keep service downtime to the bare minimum.- Prepare/review shipment package (Airway Bill, packing list and commercial Invoices) and coordinate the shipment schedule (release to the logistic provider)- Coordinate with logistic providers on the shipments and assist in issue related to shipments and transit risks.- Prepare Purchase orders (PO’s) and related payment request forms following the organization’s procurement policy and guidelines.- Collaborate with procurement agencies (UNICEF) on procurement orders, planning, recording, and reportingOperations & Finance Management- Work with each of the countries to ensure timely receipt of budgets- Run validation checks on budgets received from each country, liaise with countries to populate any missing data points- Support monthly with the GL review (all countries and global teams) with a view on:- Appropriateness of expenses charged- Staff costs to ensure they are in line with budget allocation for the country- Highlight if any expense reclasses are needed and work with accounting to get those done- Support on a quarterly basis:- GL review as per #1 above- Work with countries to carry out tagging of expenses in line with the donor cost categories- Review allocation to expenses to different outputs of the program as budgeted/ agreed- Work with countries to update the Asset register- Review quarterly financial reports of key sub-contractors- Reconciling procurement related expenses with the procurement plan and corresponding entry into the books- Support on a bi-annual basis:- GL review as per #2 above- Consolidate all countries’ GLs into the donor format
- Support Government of Punjab in strengthening Maternal and Child Nutrition Programs in the state, with a specific focus on addressing anaemia.- Build strong relationships for CHAI with strategic and key leaders within the state health systems (including but not limited to Department of Health), NGOs, developmental partners, and other relevant allied bodies.- Hold discussions with government officials and development partners on a regular basis to understand the state’s context and identify key challenges/ areas of improvement in the existing anaemia control programs.- Develop comprehensive strategies and operational plans for replicating best practices and/ or piloting new approaches and interventions to address the burden of anaemia in the state.- Access government data systems to identify key data points and develop data visualization tools (bulletins, dashboards, reports, and such others) for government officials to facilitate data-based decision making and reviews.- Contribute to program strategy by developing purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support in program management.- Work independently and with the team to comprehensively execute planned interventions while ensuring sustainable and continuous capacity building of key government functionaries.- Actively engage with CHAI teams in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, and other states where CHAI is supporting implementation of interventions on maternal and child nutrition to leverage learnings and strengthen/ facilitate interventions in the Punjab.- Support program reporting requirements by facilitating periodic reporting on program implementation status/ progress and key program indicators in the state.- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state and to other states, if required.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program or country leadership.
- Supports in periodic data analysis of TB program related indicators to inform programmatic decision making at the State level.- Assists the State level CHAI team in ensuring adherence to QC systems and data integrity maintenance by private sector partners.- Identifies and implements solutions to streamline data systems, data collection formats and processes for the better tracking and data visualization of DBT and PPSA key performance indicators.- Designs and develops standardized reports on MS Excel and data visualization platforms.- Facilitates State and PPSA level capacity building training on Nikshay digital platform.- Undertakes regular data analysis and supports state/district NTEP team with technical inputs on DBT implementation.- Supports in providing information and analysis to the central team for donor reporting and reports for other stakeholders.- Other tasks as requested by the Program Officer and Senior Manager.
- Oversee the operational execution of CHAI’s TB strategy.- Manage program performance against donor, grant, and internal deliverables and timelines.- Supervise country support activities and the country support teams.- Lead CHAI’s efforts to drive programmatic innovations that accelerate TB reduction and deliver value for money.- Manage processes and tools for planning, budgeting, and financial reporting as they pertain to the TB project/program implementation.- Manage relationships with external partners and coordinate engagement with key stakeholders and opinion leaders on specific topics including TB regulatory and quality issues, pricing, treatment guidelines, and market intelligence by attending international meetings as needed.- Represent CHAI at conferences, on task forces, and in other public fora; serve as a trusted advisor and partner to global NGOs and UN organizations on a variety of TB market access issues.- Administer global TB grants, which includes working closely with donors and cross-functional CHAI team on grant management needs.- Assist with the development of the TB country engagement strategy to address specific TB-related concerns within a given country, assist in balancing allocation of team responses against that strategy and supervise the implementation and execution at country level.- Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise in developments in the TB field at the global level.- Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
- Provide high-value strategic and analytic support to design and implement in-country initiatives which will dramatically improve vaccines supply chain performance in collaboration with CHAI country teams.- Provide input on the approach needed to meet in-country grant and program objectives related to vaccines supply chain, in line with the program strategy and model.- Contribute to the design, planning and execution of high-impact projects with country teams to sustainably transform the vaccines supply chain in CHAI focal countries. Projects might include diagnosing the end-to-end vaccines supply chain and developing strategies and interventions for improvement, improving vaccines ordering and inventory management which may include improved used of technology and data for management, assessing opportunities to integrate vaccines supply chain with other commodities, and supporting thoughtful implementation of data management tools and systems.- Support continuous development and effective dissemination & use of programmatic "tool kit", lessons learned, and other know-how related to vaccines supply chain across CHAI's vaccines program.- Contribute to the team’s efforts to inform national and global practices and policies related to vaccines supply chain.- Inform practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners to promote improved outcomes of immunization programs.- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in vaccine supply chain and establish yourself as a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community.- Support dissemination CHAI's programmatic insights to the global immunization community as appropriate.- Support the development of CHAI's vaccines program around vaccines supply chain, in collaboration with program and country leadership.- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives and strategies regarding vaccines supply chain.- Support scoping and development of new grants.- Contribute to program thought leadership in supply chain to deliver against current and future goals.- Support ramp up of new CHAI staff and new focus countries and strengthen capabilities of existing CHAI staff in supply chain, leveraging the institutional knowledge from CHAI vaccines program.- Support program and grant management, with a focus on vaccines supply chain work, in collaboration with program and country leadership.- Contribute to assessment of progress against overall objectives & milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, action plan going forward, and key risks & opportunities.- Support assessment of the effectiveness of CHAI's theory of change and approach related to vaccines supply chain in focus countries and recommend improvement opportunities.- Other responsibilities as needed.
Responsabilités : Le/la Directeur (rice) Adjoint(e) des Programmes aura la responsabilité générale de tous les programmes du bureau de CHAI Burkina Faso et plus spécifiquement: Assistance technique et gestion des relations- Fournir des conseils techniques efficaces aux équipes de programme et au gouvernement du Burkina Faso.- Soutenir le ministère de la Santé dans la conduite de discussions et de décisions stratégiques, et apporter des contributions techniques aux politiques, stratégies, plans, directives et programmes nationaux.- Développer et gérer les relations clés avec les parties prenantes gouvernementales et non-gouvernementales.- Diriger les relations avec les organisations partenaires, cultiver de nouvelles relations de financementGestion des programmes et planification stratégique- Etablir la stratégie programmatique pour CHAI Burkina Faso et fournir une supervision complète de la mise en œuvre de tous les programmes- Etablir des mécanismes de communication et de coordination efficaces à travers toutes les équipes de projet pour assurer un impact maximal des activités et une optimisation des ressources.- Identifier les principaux obstacles à la bonne exécution de la stratégie des programmes et travailler avec le ministère de la santé et les partenaires pour développer et mettre en œuvre des solutions pour résoudre rapidement ces goulots d'étranglements.- Identifier les opportunités qui pourraient servir de catalyseur pour la croissance des programmes et du bureau afin d'obtenir une assistance technique élargie au gouvernement.- Soutenir les manager de programmes dans leur planification stratégique, la budgétisation, la résolution de problèmes et superviser la performance des projets par rapport aux plans de travail et au budget.- Gérer la communication avec les équipes globales de la CHAI et veiller à ce que les exigences en matière de suivi, d'évaluation et de rapports aux bailleurs soient respectées.- Fournir des conseils techniques, superviser la qualité des produits livrables et s'assurer que les communications et les produits du travail qui sont partagés à l'extérieur répondent aux normes de CHAI.- Assurer une documentation efficace, la gestion des connaissances et l'apprentissage au sein et entre les programmes.Direction du bureau- En tant que membre de l'équipe de direction, fournir une orientation stratégique et un soutien sur les questions qui affectent le bureau de CHAI Burkina Faso, y compris la gestion des RH, la motivation et le développement personnel et professionnel des équipes, l'adoption de la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans nos équipes.- Guider le développement de propositions de subventions de qualité, l'application, le suivi et le lancement de nouveaux projets et programmes.- Effectuer toute autre tâche assignée par la directrice pays.
- Support the Program Manager to coordinate the implementation of processes and methods—including facility-based surveys and community-based focus groups—to assess the performance and impact of interventions to reduce postpartum hemorrhage at state level;- Under the direction of the Program Manager, coordinate with partner organizations and/or contractors to conduct data collection and analysis, including the coordination of data collection activities across relevant states and local government areas;- Support with the development of tools to improve monitoring and evaluation, KPI reporting and knowledge management capacity at the national and state levels for tracking PPH response strengthening in the public sector;- Support state team members to review the implementation of robust performance management frameworks for core PPH response innovations, and in the timely submission of regular reports;- Review M&E data regularly with program staff at the national and state level to ensure that the program is accomplishing its objectives and corrective actions are taken if required;- Produce detailed analyses of demographic, epidemiological, and programmatic data as needed by the SRMNCH program team and work closely with other SRMNCH team members to develop analysis-based recommendations for improved program implementation at state level;- Develop dissemination materials, including reports, presentations, briefs and visualizations;- Support program manager in donor reporting activities including consolidation of relevant data and evidence of impact.
The incumbent will work under the supervision and report to the Assistance Director, Child and Newborn Health. In addition, they will also report and work closely with the Program Coordinator on all areas relating to the PeaCe Health program. They will support MOH in ensuring that all neonatal and child health activities on the PeaCe Health program are adequately planned, implemented and reported in a manner that is in line with the program objectives and achieves sets targets. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:- Support the Child Health Unit to ensure that newborn and child health activities on the PeaCe Health are adequately planned, implemented, and monitored to achieve the program set targets.- Support MOH and other partners to reverse the negative trend in Neonatal Mortality Rate (NMR) and ensure that high-impact interventions are implemented.- Work with the MOH to provide strategic direction and technical guidance to project districts in implementing the Newborn and Child Health component on the PeaCe Health program.- Support MOH hold regular technical working group meetings involving players in newborn and child health services and ensure that the nutrition component is adequately addressed in the discussions. Support the MOH in the Newborn and Child Health weeks and other important national events.- Work closely with the program team to ensure that other technical sectors are coordinated, integrated and support each other to optimize the project purposes and objectives.- Prepare quality quarterly and annual reports and timely submission of deliverables.- Actively contribute to learning, evaluating, capturing, and disseminating lessons from the program to improve program performance and overall outcomes.- Support capacity building of health workers through (on the job) training and mentoring in integrated people-centered approach in the knowledge and skills to improve newborn and child survival.- Work with MOH and program districts to improve and make available all essential key commodities, equipment for delivery of newborn and child health services, and necessary laboratory diagnostics to ensure basic tests are conducted.- Work with MOH to develop newborn and child health IEC/BCC materials to encourage health care providers to adapt to the integrated people-centered approach for better health practices.- Work with MOH to ensure that program districts conduct integrated community outreach services, promote male involvement, and strengthen referral systems between different care levels.- Work with MOH to support the regular engagement of community structures to address newborn and child health problems associated with gatekeepers, traditional structures, beliefs, attitudes, and practices in all program districts.- Support MOH to strengthen accountability and budget tracking regarding newborn and child health funds allocated by the MOH and provided by cooperating partners.- In collaboration with the M&E officer, ensure that high-quality data on newborn health indicators are collected, analyzed, and utilized to inform decision making, resource allocation, and interventions.- Any other duties assigned.
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding planning, health financing, management, analytical and communication skills to serve as a Senior Associate for the Sustainable Health Financing team. CHAI places great value on resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, flexibility, independence, energy, work ethic and humility. Key responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to, the following:- Support CHAI’s health financing work at MoH;- Serve as a strategic and technical advisor to MoH Leadership responding to strategic questions as they arise and advising on strategic policy documents;- Provide day-to-day technical and strategic support to MoH on the overall sustainability of the health system including but not limited to:- Approaches to improve funds mobilization and management, especially through domestic revenue sources and other health financing options to increase the fiscal space;- Conduct research, analytics and reports on strategies to improve pooling of risks and funds, srategic purchasing reforms related to benefit package optimization and prioritization, provider contracting, tariff setting, provider payment mechanisms and referral process as needed by the MoH.- Develop and deliver data-driven analyses, concept notes, and presentations to inform strategy and evidence-based decisions, including but not limited to:- Sustainability analyses to assess funding gaps to deliver quality healthcare services;- Strategies to close funding gaps in alignment with the Health Financing Strategic Plan;- Resource forecasts and health system costings t used to quantify funding gaps;- Opportunities to engage the private sector.- Support the Ministry of Health with the implementation of the Health Financing Strategic Plan and support development of partner coordination tools to achieve the goals of the plan;- Develop strong working relationships with Ministry counterparts;- Assist in building capacity at different levels of the Ministry of Health;- Participate in and contribute to relevant workshops/meetings with stakeholders;- Support efforts to scope and pursue other health financing needs and opportunities towards the goals of UHC, including strategies to improve equity, quality of service delivery and financial protection, through government and partner consultation;- Pro-actively identify and support risk mitigation to ensure proper implementation of the work;- Other responsibilities as guided by the supervising Senior Program Manager.
- Lead program management and implementation of Project JEET across ten states- Manage a team of regional managers and state level implementation partners (sub-recipients) providing strategic oversight and support- Drive the sharing and adoption of best practices across all implementation sites- Effectively manage transition of project activities and scale-up of newer activities on LTBI across all sites- Develop review and monitoring mechanisms in coordination with the M&E and analytics team- Engage with stakeholders at various levels (national and state), including both Government and Non-Government organizations, and coordinate with them for improved program performance and delivery- Advocate for necessary support on drugs and diagnostics from the Government for successful project implementation- Oversee development and execution of workplans, progress reports, management of budgets and finances in accordance with financial covenants and procedures- Lead ideation and piloting of new ideas to improve quality of service delivery- Support Project Director in donor engagement and reporting to key stakeholders- Other responsibilities as needed