Click column header to sort
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding analytical, strategic, communication and teamwork skills. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Senior Associate will report to the Program Manager, Vaccine Markets Team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:- Lead the development of assessment tools and market intelligence on African vaccine manufacturers and markets for dissemination to global health partners, investors and vaccine manufacturers- Lead the design of high-impact market-shaping interventions in close collaboration with African vaccine manufacturers and vaccine procurers- Lead the operationalisation of market-shaping initiatives through analyses to support the business case for manufacturing or procurement of African made vaccines (e.g., demand forecasts, production development, cost reduction and manufacturing/procurement strategies)- Cultivate relationships with key global health partners, vaccine procurers (e.g. country govts.) and vaccine manufacturers- Lead preparation of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions- Creatively scope and initiate projects that could contribute to further improving supply sustainability and accessibility of vaccines for low-income countries- Approximately 25-30% international travel time required- Any other duties as required
Working together with and supported by the CHAI Lao PDR leadership team, the EPI and MCH Senior Program Manager will be responsible for: Program Leadership- Lead the development and refinement of the EPI/MCH program’s strategic initiatives, ensuring ongoing alignment with the MOH strategic goals and priorities- Translate objectives determined in partnership with the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to the EPI/MCH team on prioritization of initiatives- Work with MoH, donors, other partner organizations and CHAI staff in testing and scale-up of effective approaches to increase access to EPI/MCH services including strategy and design, development and implementation of evidence-based strategic and operational plans- Supervise, mentor and build capacity of a team of CHAI staff working at the national and provincial level providing strategic direction, managerial and technical support as well as quality assurance for the portfolio- Advise senior MOH staff on risks and opportunities in achievement of strategic goals and priorities- Identify strategic areas for expansion and guide proposal development as appropriate- Provide strategic input into CHAI’s overall global health strategy, including vaccines, and related programs- Serve as a senior advisor to CHAI leadership, both in country and externally, as well as to other CHAI managers and staffStakeholder Coordination- Establish strong collaborative relationships within CHAI and with the MOH, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders and actively facilitate coordination of resources and efforts towards national EPI, MCH and health sector objectives- Collaborate with internal CHAI global and country teams to facilitate access to key information and stakeholders, provide updates, and leverage core competencies of the various CHAI teamsRelationship Management- Coordinate with donor organizations to provide progress updates, performance metrics, and other reporting requirements- Manage the EPI/MCH program budgets and liaise with appropriate CHAI internal and donor teams to meet all requirements- Oversee compliance with Ministry of Health and Ministry of Foreign Affairs reporting requirementsPerform other duties that may be assigned by country leadership.
- Collaborate on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production, and use of oxygen equipment and ancillary system needs- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker, assist with data analysis and monitor procurement dashboard- Lead procurement processes for assigned products from start to finish including drafting solicitation documents, posting, compiling questions from vendors and providing feedback using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File and store all procurement documents including submissions from vendors, approvals from management and financial documents to ensure easy retrieval during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where the global team coordinates procurements.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation committee meetings and store reports and other outputs from evaluation team committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Assist with developing bid specifications.- Assist in reviewing requisitions to ensure accuracy, terminology, and specifications are in accordance with procurement policy.- Survey for reliable sources, locate and contact vendors, coordinates with internal and external parties for proposals/quotations.- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and company needs are met.- Review and approve bill for payment and calculates costs of orders and forward invoices to appropriate accounts.- Will be liaison for engineering support, including the review of specifications and support for tendering processes.- Manage assigned suppliers using the contract management tool- Participate in reviewing and drafting updates to CHAI’s procurement policy- Other responsibilities as needed
- Collaborate with government partners, CHAI country teams, and other stakeholders, to identify data and capacity gaps that impact procurement, supply, and distribution systems for malaria and NTD commodities (g., insecticides, insecticidal bed nets, diagnostics, and treatments), and build solutions that fit the needs of the malaria program in the context of the national health system;- Work closely with CHAI country teams (in Francophone West and Central Africa) and government partners to integrate available data sources and build and/or update models to quantify and forecast demand for malaria commodities distributed by the public and private- Ensure adequate procurement and distribution of commodities to all relevant levels of the health care system through planning, data analysis and visualization, and coordination across- Evaluate stock management policies for community health workers (CHWs) and work with country teams to adequately plan, distribute, and monitor stock usage to CHW level- Establish supply chain monitoring and evaluation indicators to track progress and impact over time, and routinely report findings.- Identify new avenues for CHAI engagement with national malaria programs and the private sector for improved supply chain management.- Support broader malaria case management efforts to improve the quality and coverage of malaria diagnosis and treatment across public, private and community sectors.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Serve as a thought leader and contribute to a technically sound strategic vision for how analytics, surveillance and health information systems can be leveraged to strengthen malaria programs in Cameroon- Communicate effectively across a matrixed organization and expertly coordinate in-country and global CHAI teams and resources to ensure Cameroon-specific project goals are met- Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work collaboratively with CHAI country and global teams to achieve exceptional results on aggressive timelines- Ensure achievable project plans are in place and integrated with team priorities and support execution of activities- Formulate and conduct high quality technical outputs and promote the routine use of data and analysis to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions and inform strategic planning- Rapidly digest and synthesize complex technical, political and operational information and expertly tailor results, outputs and action items to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders- Develop and manage strong working relationships with key stakeholders across CHAI, government, non-governmental organizations, and local institutions working on relevant informatics, data analysis and surveillance activities- Identify new opportunities within and outside the initial project scope, anticipate risks and be proactive in responding to them- Other responsibilities as needed
The responsibilities of the Finance Manager include ensuring that all accounts are correct and up to date, producing financial reports used by the leadership team for management and decision-making purposes, contribute to producing annual financial report, prepare for annual audit, etc. The Finance Manager will report directly to the Country Manager and will be an integral member of the CHAI Senegal Operations team, supporting the program team in discharging their duties. The Finance Manager may supervise other operations and support staff, building their capacity and ensuring smooth running of operations. Because of the fluid nature of our work, specific responsibilities may change over time and these responsibilities listed here should not be construed as being comprehensive but rather indicative of what is expected: Accounting: - - Ensure quality and accurate transactions, finance returns and reports/summaries - Maintain the integrity of the balance sheet by preparing balance sheet reconciliations including Bank and Cash- Prepare and submit for approval to the CD all vouchers for expenditures and ensures that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable to the project- Review advances and coordinate payment of invoices for field activity and staff travel, ensuring proper process for disbursement of funds, correct documentation and the settlement of advances in a timely manner.- Review expenditure reports (preliminaries & finals) and prepare adjustments; review variance analysis; investigate variances and comment.- Prepare variance reports of expenditure against funding and approved budgets for the country leadership- Prepare the expense allocation guide and employee allocations, with guidance from the accounting team in Boston- Review payrolls and validate employee’s payroll and benefits (Pension, Severances, Tax, Insurance)- Process or contribute to the periodic tax return and complete reporting of tax formalities to the local authorities where required. - Manage financial month end closing and year end processes including ensuring timely submissions to Boston’s finance- Manage and maintain CHAI financial management system, financial records including supporting approvals for the financial transactions per CO document retention policy- Contribute the improvement of financial systems and processes in the Country Office (CO), recommending changes to provide timely and appropriate financial information to CHAI’s grant managers and donors- Coordinate and liaise with Boston’s Accounting team on financial reports and follow up on supplemental information as required.- Maintain and safeguard CHAI assets, ensure monthly Depreciation, reconciliations carry out periodic physical verifications per CHAI policy Financial Planning & Analysis- Provide financial planning, budgeting & country resource allocation management guidance and support by working closely with the CD - Assist the CD in planning country operations to support program activities - Ensure proper budget monitoring and timely reporting internally within the organization and externally to donors and local government as prescribed by the statutes - Prepare expenditure analysis for overall program and field offices in the CO as required - Support program staff in developing proposal budgets and budget revisions for donors. - Provide information related to costing and operational needs to support program implement Support Grant Tracker review by ensuring the veracity of the information in the Grant Trackers on a monthly basis - Ensure that all donor- financial reporting requirements are complied with and that donor financial reports are submitted in a timely manner Legal, Compliance & risk management- Ensure financial policies and procedures are in place and kept up to date, liaising with International Controller in Boston - Monitor the compliance manual and formulated recommendations where appropriate to promote effectiveness. - Maintain a proper monitoring system of partner expenses by facilitating periodic reviews of accounts and ledgers and maintain up to date reports per donor requirements- Prepare and coordinate annual audits, donor specific audits/assessments and CHAI internal audits - Ensure follow-up with audit observations and maintain an up-to-date remediation log - Review MOU/MOA/Independent contracts and send for approval to Contracts team for review- Ensure compliance with grant and donor requirements - Execute leases and contracts for supply of good and services under the CD leadership. - Ensure compliance with CHAI procurement policies and guidelines at all times - Assist the CD and program managers in processing exceptional approvals- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of country government regulations and share the same with Boston where necessary- Review the remittances of all applicable taxes in accordance with legal requirements in the country- Conduct spot checks in the main office in the CO and field offices to ensure internal control are working- Facilitate in country capacity assessments by potential donors - Lead on and support programme teams in assessments and building financial management capacity of CHAI implementing Partners - Provide overall management and co-ordination of the work of the finance teams in the country - Acting as a business partner to other functional leads e.g. Programs, Operations- Promote professional development amongst finance team though coaching and mentoring - Champion finance and risk management onboarding/induction of new hires Treasury- Manage the country treasury function (cash, bank, receivables and payables) and ensure adequate resources are available for both administrative and programmatic spending - Manage local payments & process wire requests to Boston - Prepares cash projections for the programs; Prepares fund requests for programs and operations; - Manages monthly cash forecasting and cash requests for projects - Liaise and communicate with Boston finance team to ensure good flow of information, including raising awareness on areas of risk or concern
Poste CHAI recherche un/une chargé(e) de programme pour concevoir et superviser le programme de renforcement du système de santé de CHAI au Burkina Faso. Dans ce rôle, le/la chargé(e) de programme élaborera et dirigera la mise en œuvre de l'appui de CHAI au ministère de la Santé en travaillant étroitement avec les principaux décideurs du ministère de la santé et leurs partenaires. Il ou elle encadrera une équipe d'associé(s), d'associé(s) senior(s) et de conseiller(s) technique(s).Le ou la chargé(e) de programme travaillera en tant que membre de l'équipe de renforcement des systèmes de santé et collaborera avec les autres chargé(e)s dans leurs domaines de travail respectifs. L'étendue du travail peut inclure, mais n'est pas limitée à : 1) l'amélioration de la durabilité du programme de soins gratuits en tant que mécanisme de financement essentiel pour les services destinés aux femmes et aux filles, 2) l'opérationnalisation de la vision du gouvernement pour " un plan, un budget, un rapport " au niveau sous national pour améliorer l'efficacité des ressources, 3) l'utilisation et le renforcement des capacités analytiques pour l'utilisation des données aux niveaux central et sous national, et 4) autres projets pour le financement et le renforcement des systèmes de santé. On s'attend à ce que les défis auxquels le gouvernement est confrontéévoluent au fil du temps et, par conséquent, le travail sera diversifié, et ce rôle exige un forte capacité d'adaptation et de réflexion créative. Le ou la chargé(e) de programme doit parler couramment le français et l'anglais, et avoir d'excellentes compétences en matière de développement de relations et de communication, en particulier avec les parties prenantes du ministère de la Santéà tous les niveaux du système. Il ou elle doit être capable de fonctionner de manière indépendante avec un minimum de supervision, avoir un fort engagement envers l'excellence avec un sens aigu du détail, et rendre compte efficacement de l'avancement du projet. En outre, le ou la chargé(e) de programme doit avoir une bonne compréhension de l'application des connaissances et du processus de prise de décision fondé sur des données probantes.Ce poste offre une occasion unique de travailler en étroite collaboration avec un gouvernement qui s'est engagéà garantir l'accès universel aux soins de santé par le biais de réformes historiques et innovantes.Responsabilités :- Diriger le programme de renforcement du système de santé de la CHAI Burkina Faso et assurer une conception efficace et une livraison réussie des projets clés, en travaillant en étroite collaboration avec les parties prenantes du gouvernement. S'assurer que les livrables du projet et l'assistance technique continue répondent aux besoins du gouvernement et aux normes de qualité de CHAI.- Superviser une équipe d'associés et d'associés seniors ayant des parcours professionnels et éducatifs variés et travailler avec le leadership de CHAI au niveau pays pour mettre en oeuvre des initiatives de renforcement des capacités et de développement des talents.- Agir en tant que conseiller(ère) clé auprès des parties prenantes du gouvernement et appuyer les réformes de renforcement des systèmes de santé par le biais d'activités clés du portefeuille de CHAI. Cela comprendra, sans s'y limiter, les efforts suivants :- Un projet visant àévaluer et à améliorer la viabilité financière du programme phare du ministère de la santé de gratuité des soins, en effectuant des analyses de viabilité solides et en conseillant le gouvernement sur les stratégies optimales pour augmenter le financement et améliorer l'efficacité de la gestion des ressources.- Un appui pour renforcer les pratiques de planification et de budgétisation aux niveaux central et périphérique, ainsi que pour renforcer la coordination de l’aide extérieure et la mobilisation des ressources nationales, afin d'aider le gouvernement à définir et à financer les principales priorités du secteur de la santé.- Un appui au renforcement des capacités des acteurs du ministère de la santé qui mettra l'accent sur l'amélioration de la disponibilité et de l'utilisation des données pour la prise de décisions techniques et politiques, y compris pour une meilleure gestion financière.- D'autres projets de renforcement du système de santé et de financement de la santéà définir fin 2022-début 2023.- Conseiller le gouvernement sur la conception et mise en œuvre d'un plan de financement à moyen et long terme pour le renforcement du système de santé primaire et l’atteinte des objectifs de la couverture sanitaire universelle.- Diriger les processus internes de planification stratégique et de budgétisation liés aux axes de travail du programme et superviser les performances par rapport aux plans de travail et aux budgets. Cela comprendra l'élaboration de la nouvelle phase de travail à la fin de 2022/début de 2023 avec la direction de CHAI et d'autres membres de l'équipe.- Définir le portefeuille d’appui de CHAI en financement et renforcement des système de santé de CHAI Burkina Faso avec le reste de l'équipe de gestion de la CHAI Rwanda et l'équipe de financement de la santé mondiale.- Rechercher des opportunités de collaboration avec d'autres équipes de la CHAI et d'autres institutions partenaires, en aidant à construire une communauté de pratique transversale au sein du pays, de la région et de l'organisation et à se tenir au courant des principales tendances et recherches mondiales.- Autres responsabilités potentielles assignées par le superviseur.
- Define the Country Team's overall strategy, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Build and leverage strong effective relationships with key partners and stakeholders, identify and establish additional partnerships as appropriate- Establish robust financial, administrative, and human resource policies and systems, ensuring they are aligned with CHAI global policies- Oversee the financial management of the program, including monthly cash flow and financial reporting, cash allocations and budget forecasting and planning- Develop and manage program budgets in collaboration with program staff- Support human resources management, including recruitment and management of existing staff- Oversee internal management of the office's daily operations, including contracting with vendors, ensuring compliance with local laws, and interfacing with CHAI's legal and financial teams- Support fundraising efforts, including new program development, budgeting and the development and management of relationships with existing and potential donors- Manage processes for internal and donor reporting- Develop communication materials, make presentations and represent CHAI at public forums- Coordinate efforts with CHAI's partners and establish new partnerships- Maintain appropriate bi-directional communication with CHAI headquarters to ensure that CHAI's global capabilities are being fully leveraged- Facilitate communications and coordination between stakeholders- Lead the M&E development and implementation plans of CHAI supported interventions and lead the country team in the preparation of donor reports- Manage sub grantees and ensure compliance with donor requirements- Ensure CHAI complies with all legal requirements of PNG- Ensure high staff performance, strategic thinking, efficient planning, and reorientation as needed- Model a strong work ethic, demonstrate leadership and motivate all members of country team, managing human resources and ensuring compliance with all government, donor, and CHAI HR policies- Oversee security risk management planning, staff and visitor training, and SOP adherence in collaboration with the regional and global safety & security team- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker and complete data analysis- Facilitate day to day communication with vendors and suppliers by Monitoring procurement email and liaising with technical and procurement teams to respond to supplier queries- Compile and send back frequently asked questions from vendors using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File all solicitation documents as well as submissions from vendors using appropriate technical documentation methodology allowing for easy access during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where procurements are coordinated by the global team.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation team and file and store reports from evaluation committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Support in completing payment requests forms and ensuring that all suppliers are paid in a timely manner- Other responsibilities as needed
- Setting strategic direction for evaluating and prioritizing CHAI programs for Incubation- Effectively managing a multi-functional team of strategic program associates and epidemiologist(s)- Working with CHAI teams to source programs that are possible candidates for the Incubator- Overseeing the quantitative modeling the impact of programs, combining independent research with inputs from CHAI teams and donor(s)- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Donor(s) to build consensus on the strategic framework and impact modeling- Presenting to senior CHAI leadership and donor organization(s) to share findings and solicit feedback on the identified programs of work- Managing pilots or country-level investigations of shortlisted programsPlease note that these may change as the project evolves.