Click column header to sort
- Engage with the State Tuberculosis Elimination Programme (NTEP) staff, Regional WHO consultants, MD-NHM and facilitate engagement as well as co-ordination for LTBI roll out as per project timelines and plan- Provide oversight and support program operations for a cluster of 4 to 5 states defined by project leadership- Ensure creation of state level strategic approaches for effective implementation of operations plan, be responsive to ensure resolution of challenges at the state and sub state level- Provide state leads and partner organisations the necessary technical and administrative supervision to achieve programmatic and financial objectives of the project- Represent CHAI at various forums and creating channels of communication with government stakeholders and development partners- Support the State TB cell in Project Implementation Plan (PIP) budgeting and provide technical leadership in articulating issues and proposing solutions- Undertake periodic monitoring of LTBI intervention through field visits, reviews and assessments as required- Provide input to the National Programme Management Unit (NPMU – CHAI) on process improvement, MIS uptake and feature usage, patient level communication triggers and suggest solutions to overcome the gaps in implementation- Identify gaps in public sector LTBI program implementation and prepare capacity building plan for various NTEP staff levels for the region and ensure its implementation- Assist the state leads in preparing programmatic reports for the state on monthly/quarterly/annual basis- Work with state leads to facilitate continuous supply of public sector commodities (diagnostics and drugs) as well as advocate for roll of LTBI strategy in non-project districts, availability of newer formulations and diagnostics- Support capacity building and technical assistance to the project team in the state- Ensure process adherence, Data Compliance and support SR in State and District level leadership hiring- Other responsibilities as needed
- Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Sensitize and create demand for support on data analytics and data use for decision making, working with government partners to articulate this need and providing continuity so that best practices and skills are shared and institutionalized within government- Support use of evidence to identify gaps in policy and implementation, improving service coverage and adjusting pricing, payment and packages to create an effective health insurance program- Build capacity within government for evidence-based management, including through day to day joint tasks and deliverables as well as trainings to key stakeholders at the national and sub-national level on various aspects of the health reforms- Support analysis of program data to monitor performance, identify key challenges/bottlenecks and provide solutions- Identify KPIs and build monitoring dashboards to support effective programmatic decision making- Identifying need and informing strategies to engage the private sector for essential PMJAY service delivery as well as COVID-19 testing and treatment- Support coordination and knowledge sharing on key reforms between the centre and state governments on a continuous basis- Develop and disseminate policy briefs and other knowledge products at national and state level, in collaboration with government partners- Facilitate key meetings/events such as trainings, state coordination meetings, IT workshops etc- Provide strategic insights at technical working groups and/or other high level meetings and conferences- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scale-up, and develop innovative strategies to address them- Other responsibilities as needed
Across countries and projects, the Associate will have the following responsibilities: Gathering and System Design (20%)- Work with CHAI regional Health Informatics teams to understand technological and non-technological requirements for malaria surveillance across epidemiology, vector control, entomology, health promotion, and commodity use cases.- Develop coherent and technology-appropriate specifications for meeting user requirements across countries and regions, particularly DHIS2-appropriate specifications.Technology Project Management (20%)- Test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionality to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications.- Effectively communicate to developers the latest development needs and priorities, oversee developers and make sure deadlines are met.Software configuration and development (30%)- Configure, update, and thoroughly test DHIS2 core set up, including updates to organization units, data elements, indicators, data collection forms, and dashboards based on country requirements and feedback from users.- Support configuring and comprehensive testing of DHIS2 Android applications for country specific configurations.- Build scripts for data manipulation and processing to stress test system load, build customizations in DHIS2, run analytics on data integrity, and reproduce system functionality to ensure systems data quality.- Support systems integration efforts as needed, primarily between DHIS2 instances, and between DHIS2 and other systems.- Support server management and configuration in countries.- Guarantee health informatics teams at the MOHs are technically capable to absorb and provide the necessary support to all developments.Technology Implementation and Training (30%)- Assist with capacity building for government staff by developing manuals, SOPs, training materials and helping train country staff in the use of information technology.- Develop testing templates and lead end to end testing processes of different information systems prior to roll-out.- Develop and iterate on data outputs to effectively builddashboards and reports for decision-making.- Support development of proper documentation for digital solutions.- Support development of proper helpdesk structures in countries implementations.- Support the design and execution of M&E plans to evaluate implementation of the tools.Any other tasks identified.
- Support IDSP in all aspects of strategy, planning and implementation of initiatives for surveillance activities.- Support the department in development, implementation, and management of COVID-19 management strategies and optimal use of its existing networks, both within and outside the state, for close monitoring of the pandemic trajectory.- Routinely monitor, compile, synthesize, and analyse data to ensure optimal targeting, implementation, and effectiveness of program interventions.- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the IDSP department, the extensive network of labs, and other relevant stakeholders.- Coordinate and/or participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of initiatives.- Support the department in streamlining their MIS systems through the improvement of data collection and coordination at the district level via healthcare workers, Medical Officers and Identified Labs and in subsequent analysis at the state level.- Build database with the goal of better collation, management, and analysis of the available information and work towards integrating/reconciling it with parallel databases that can facilitate improved surveillance.- Support IDSP in development and enhancement of training modules for human resource development especially at the decentralized level.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders efforts and across other CHAI programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.- Work with CHAI's technical teams and Program Manager(s) to develop and implement a coordinated program of support.- Support the Program Manager in designing strategies for effectively leveraging private sector data and experience for enhanced monitoring and tracking.- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program leadership.
The Program Manager (PM) will lead efforts to deliver the objectives of the paediatric cancer program, under the guidance and direction of the Senior Program Manager (SPM) and or Program Director (PD) and direct reporting to the SPM. He/She will provide both strategic and technical direction for the program, overseeing its development and assuming responsibility for high quality delivery. PM will maintain the relationship and communication with key stakeholders, including hospital centers, NCD of MoH, provincial & district health offices, paediatrics collegium/expert panels, paediatric cancer foundations, along with relevant Program Officers (POs). In coordination with SPM and or PD, PM will also work closely with relevant CHAI’s Global team, other CHAI Country PMs, other international partners, and other national stakeholders. - Develop and carry out scoping for Paediatric Cancer program, analyze the existing problems in clinical management guidelines, availability of key medicines for pediatric cancers, identify supply chain problems and propose some feasible alternatives/solutions- Support CHAI global cancer team to manage the development and maintenance of database, analyses, and framework to assist in monitoring the global cancer market and identifying solutions to improve access to cancer medicines.- Work with CHAI global cancer team to assess market challenges, analyse market outlook, and production economic across cancer medicine products, and to evaluate potiential market shaping intervention or other potential methodologies.- Develop and maintain strong engagement and open communication channel with key stakeholders on paediatric cancer, including hospital center leaders, paediatrics collegium, NCD on MoH, provincial & district health offices, supply chain/pharmacy units, etc.- Organize and manage technical implementation of CHAI Indonesia paediatric cancer program to achieve targets.- Drive internal strategic planning and budgeting processes related to the paediatric cancer program operation, finance and oversee project performance against work plans and budget.- Oversee the implementation of the paediatric cancer program work plans including planning, budgeting, forecasting, identify key barriers and problem solving, monitoring and reporting, and prioritization of workplan.- Provide strategic orientations for future program development in relevant to expansion of paediatric cancer program in Indonesia and inform new funding opportunities to SPM/PD/DCD/CD.- Work closely with the SPM, Data Officers and other related POs to ensure timely delivery on project activities that involve partner organizations.- Build and manage the team on a day-to-day basis, supporting staff to ensure optimal delivery, to provide in-depth and high-quality technical assistance to hospital centers.- Promote effective communication to ensure well-coordinated work streams and other CHAI Indonesia programs.- Monitor the progress to ensure objectives are met, support team with training and development activities, and provide regular update.- Ensure effective communication with the Data Officer, related PO, SPM, PD and or Deputy Country Director(DCD)/Country Director (CD), global team and other PMs through regular daily/weekly/monthly meeting.- Develop communication materials, make presentations and represent CHAI at national and sub-national forums.- Play a major role in writing programmatic reports and engaging with other partners including the IDAI or expert panel.- Working closely with the CHAI Global Cancer Team to enlist support, capture and disseminate emerging best practices and ensure alignment with global standards in closed coordination with SPM and PD.- Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices.- Take responsibility for effective documentation and file management within the programs.- Hold the team accountable to CHAI policies, procedures and guidelines, as appropriate and with the program teams, to enhance the smooth running of the programs through standardized procedures and improved support. This may include finance and governance procedures, staff management, fleet management and IT security and infrastructure.- Address team safety and security matters in collaboration with Safety Point Persons (SPP).- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed.- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Senior Program Manager, Program Director and or Deputy Country Director/Country Director.
- Lead, under the guidance of the senior leadership, the process of strategy formulation and executing program deliverables timely and effectively.- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the state and national level HCV stakeholders.- Align program strategy and deliverable to state and national level government priorities for HCV.- Establish evidence-based strategies and analytical approaches for supporting national and state level HCV programs in improving access and program performance.- Work closely with the existing and upcoming public HCV programs to identify and bridge gaps pertaining to supply chain, active case finding, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation.- Engage with local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or technical collaborations.- Work with global and in-country leadership to identify and pursue fund-raising opportunities.- Responsible for determining annual budget and allocation for programmatic activities, and monitoring budget utilization.- Support CHAI leadership in managing donor & grant, operations, and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate time frames.- Draw on CHAI’s global and local expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagements proactively by working with cross-cultural teams.- Recruit, lead, and mentor a high calibre cross-functional team by establishing program/individual goals and creating professional growth opportunities for team members.- Travel on short notice to focus states.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Work with the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP)and other partners to optimize malaria testing and treatment coverage in priority areas, including enhancing the quality of the existing community case management program.- Provide robust analytical and data management support to the NMCP in the roll-out and sustenance of the DHIS2 reporting system and dashboards for malaria elimination, vector control, and entomology.- Work with NMCP to create reporting and M&E protocols for DHIS2 modules on malaria elimination case-based surveillance system, vector control, and entomology to ensure the system updates align with routine workflow and operations.- Build the capacity of subnational level staff to collect, analyze and use epidemiological and vector control data for informed decision-making.- Support the CHAI program coordinators to identify and resolve surveillance-related bottlenecks at district and provincial levels in both high burdened and malaria elimination provinces.- Create sustainable linkages with the private sector to ensure malaria testing, treatment, and reporting protocols are widely disseminated and utilized at all points of care.- Support presentation and discussion of new evidence, policies, and strategies on malaria.- Any other duties assigned by the manager.
- Perform administrative duties as needed for CHAI including answering phones, running errands, maintaining office supplies, scanning, copying and filing documents, writing invitation letters, etc.- Support processing for work permit, visa letter, and related documents for international staff- Collect vendor quotations for low-value procurements- Book and arrange hotel, transport, flights, meeting room, etc.- Conduct anti-terrorist and watchlist screenings of all vendors- Create, and submit financial requests and reconciliations for Operations Team Expenses- Assist translation in Lao and English- Serve as an assistant to the program staff- Other relevant and related tasks and duties as assigned
General Legal Advisory- Provide legal counsel to CHAI’s leadership teams on legal matters related to all aspects of CHAI’s operations.- Participate and contribute to the overall management of CHAI. The CHAI Senior Leadership Team will expect timely reliable information and insights into major legal issues facing CHAI, as well as the practicality of alternative strategies or decisions.- Partner with CHAI’s contracts department and its key work in the development and review of the organization’s agreements.- Oversee protection of CHAI’s intellectual property rights.- In partnership with CHAI country leadership and operations functions, and CHAI’s external general counsel, select and partner with outside counsel in local jurisdictions.- In conjunction with local counsel, oversee dispute resolution.- Develop operational efficiencies in advising on legal and tax ramifications CHAI business.- Advise Finance and HR teams on organizational tax questions, working with external experts to address key areas of concern.- Provide or arrange legal advice on a broad range of human resources matters for national and international staff, including employment contracts, hiring, separation, benefits, leaves, anti-discrimination, immigration, conflict of interest, and general labor and employment regulations.- Support program teams’ proposal and grant writing efforts to ensure grant development meets organizational best practices, quality standards and compliance.Corporate Structure and Governance- Advise CHAI leadership in the set up and structure of in-country presence in CHAI’s program and non-program countries.- Provide continued guidance and compliance support to CHAI’s country leadership and global operations teams in the ongoing maintenance of CHAI’s entity structures.- Provide support to CHAI’s Board of Directors and SecretaryRisk Management and Compliance- In partnership with CHAI’s leadership teams, review, prioritize, advise, and provide guidance on risk management and compliance projects and strategies.- Advise on organization’s insurance coverages and programs, addressing corporate and local needs and maintaining relationships with insurance providers.- Support the development and management of risk mitigation plans- Be part of the Enterprise Risk Management committee and actively supporting the team- Serve as counsel to CHAI’s Safeguarding Committee, which manages complaints and investigations of allegations of misconduct.- Support and promote CHAI's values including CHAI’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.Policies and Communication- Partner with senior leadership and communications teams on key messaging and communications with donors, external stakeholders, and government partners, as needed.- Under the direction of CHAI leadership, support compliance training initiatives.and promote employee adherence to CHAI’s business ethics and values.- In partnership with relevant business owners, support and review the drafting and implementation of organizational policies and procedures in finance, HR, global operations, communications, development, and information technology.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns from the national patient database and share reports with relevant stakeholders at central, state and district team- Create and update reports/dashboards for various districts to analyze their performance- Input, update, compile and verify program related data from source documents in to custom designed template/MIS within required time frame- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities, and checking output using various validation techniques- Support relevant stakeholders in notifying entries in to the national patient database- Work with State PPM Lead, Operations Manager at State level and City Officers at district level- Other responsibilities as needed