Click column header to sort
- Support the State Engagement Lead and the DoHFW in developing program implementation strategy, planning, and implementation of initiatives for oxygen access and health systems strengthening.- Undertake extensive research and develop an in-depth understanding of oxygen needs and landscape i.e., oxygen manufacturers, suppliers, users, and intermediaries; to inform program strategy and implementation at the state level.- Develop clear activity plans, in line with the program strategy, and support implementation of initiatives / activities at program sites.- Engage with and support WJCF program team, including field staff; and divisional and district-level health staff, for accomplishment of program goals.- Monitor and support the State Engagement Lead and government stakeholders in identifying and bridging gaps in supply chain.- Generate insights on issues related to quality, composition, supply, and administration of medical oxygen and suggest corrective actions.- Reconcile parallel data sources to facilitate monitoring, synthesis, and analysis of data to draw meaningful insights. Oversee analytics, data-systems, and insight generation.- Support monitoring of activities, milestones, and outcomes; including tracking key outcome/impact indicators (as defined in the program logframe), tracking of key implementation activities, etc.; and identify, communicate, and recommend interventions where needed.- Support development of collaborative relationships with government stakeholders, technical and clinical experts, development partners, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders.- Support development of compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders, such as progress narratives, update notes, research articles, etc.- Support in the planning and execution of capacity building initiatives for key government functionaries and service providers on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by programme leadership.
- Oversee processing of funds request by Sub Recipient (SR’s), reconciliation, review, and release of funds.- Prepare reporting formats for SR in line with approved budget and submit same for further review and adherence by SR’s.- Ensure timely submission of expenditure reports by SR’s, review the same and account the same in WJCF consolidated monthly accounts.- Provide guidance/training to SR’s on approved budgets, reporting requirements, variance reporting etc.- Conduct regular financial audits for sub-recipients and other implementing partners.- Follow up with SR’s for timely closure of audit observations and reporting.- Ensure proper recordkeeping and management of Assets for Global Fund Grant.- Review payments processed by Accountant/Accounts Associate and share the same with Finance Lead for further action.- Support Finance Lead in development and monitoring compliance of relevant policy guidelines- Ensure compliance of statutory and donor requirements for each project in respective city offices (branch and field offices)- Ensure organizational and project related bookkeeping / accounting work and maintenance of all associated records- Prepare and submit financial monthly / quarterly statements to the Finance lead- Responsible for preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows- Provide support to the Finance lead for statutory annual financial audit by an accredited agency, submissions / filings to relevant authorities, and ensuring adherence to recommendations made by the auditors
- Support the strategy manager in development and implementation of the Immunization Delivery Programme ensuring consistent improvements in supply chain and service delivery through strengthening of Cold Chain Management, Vaccines- Delivery & Logistics, Service Delivery, Data Systems and Review Mechanisms- Undertake primary and secondary research and deliver data-based insights to provide credible evidence for formulating systems strengthening strategies on immunization- Acquire data from public data sources and maintain data sets and support primary data collection from the field- Work closely with the programme team for providing effective data analysis against the set objectives and deviations- Prepare actionable and effective programme materials, presentations, reports for supporting communications with key stakeholders such as donors and government functionaries- Assimilate and triangulate information from multiple sources to monitor performance and inform strategy refresh where required- Support implementation of immunization systems strengthening activities to improve full immunization coverage and quality of immunization service delivery in key areas- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scaling up, and develop innovative strategies to address them- Co-ordinate project wide outputs related to reporting, compliance, and updates- Undertake any other duties as requested by the supervisor
Corporate Governance Support- Spearhead updates to local/foreign entity board of directors as a result of personnel changes. This includes facilitation of signatures according to established protocol and interfacing with executive level CHAI staff over email and in-person.- Solicit notarizations and apostille/legalizations on document(s) as requested.- Review of legal invoices received from third parties. Where the Coordinator deems that costs are appropriate, the Coordinator will solicit approval from the budget owner and prepare/submit payment requests.- Work independently to prepare and submit CHAI’s domestic solicitation of funds registration renewals. This will require familiarity with CHAI’s IRS 990 and audited financials.- Fastidious management of Global Operations Team’ cloud-based files according to a rubric on file naming, folder creation, etc.- Miscellaneous administrative duties directly related to registrations and local entity compliance support e.g., the preparation of shipping requests, facilitation of signature requests, original document storage, etc.Corporate Insurance Support- Support Global Operations team with annual renewal process of CHAI corporate insurances. This includes but is not limited to liaising with CHAI teams to fill out insurance renewal applications.- Maintain and track global and in-country insurance policies.- Work with team to create and execute a project plan for procurement of new policies, insurance renewals, and ad hoc insurance needs.Meeting Coordination and Planning- Plan and execute logistics for internal meetings or external conferences at international locations.- Work with Safety & Security Team to understand safety & security risks of meeting location and appropriately communicate to attendees- Execute meeting logistics including collecting participant flight information and arranging on-the-ground transportation, on-site support, Internet, AV needs, scheduling and all other related needs.Act as Resource for Meeting Coordination Across CHAI- Manage Meeting Coordination Resources Suite including the information and guidance for meeting planning process, rules, and expectations- Liaise with all coordinators planning meetings to ensure proper procedures are followed for all CHAI meetings; routinely share best practices with coordinators and host biannual training/information sessionsSupport Internal Communications- Manage the Global Events Calendar; liaise with teams to collect important organizational dates and information to include in calendar and resources suite, including large organizational meetings, orientations, workshops, conferences, team meetings, relevant external conferences, etc.- Regularly update tools and resources for information sharingWork with teams to help create portals for team information
- Build and maintain a thorough understanding of the HIV/AIDS landscape, health systems, priorities, and gaps both in Zambia and globally to identify strategic opportunities for program growth to achieve CHAI's overall objectivesProvide support to accelerate the introduction and uptake of optimal commodities for HIV - Support the roll out of new product formulations and develop interventions to overcome identified bottlenecks.- Support the team in assessing opportunities for optimization of national HIV treatment guidelines- Provide technical assistance to service delivery points through the Ministry of Health to identify and overcome barriers to access high quality, low cost ARVs and other essential medicines- Participate in the development of tools to assist MOH in validating, rationalizing and making efficient use of data from facilities- Complete analysis on the uptake of new formulations and develop interventions to overcome identified bottlenecks- Participation and advocacy in quarterly and annual forecasting & quantification meetings- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, implementing partners and NGOs to ensure ensure coordination of resources and efforts- Execute day-to-day activities to ensure that the team can deliver on all program objectives in a timely manner.- Support the team to meet all internal reporting requirements
- Support CHAI country team, MOH, partners and targeted healthcare workers in the pursuit of adapting a point of use test card, for assessing the quality of chemotherapy drugs.- Collect qualitative and quantitative data to determine the market trend of chemotherapy products in Cameroon.- Implement post market surveys (PMS) of anti-cancer products in circulation in Cameroon using fast, reliable, affordable procedures like Spot-checks.- Develop a health and economic cost benefit analysis of instituting PMS on chemotherapy products for the country taking into consideration the impact on the health of patients.- Participate in the development and review of manuscripts for publication in peer review journals.- Collect relevant information to maximize access to scarce chemotherapy products and protect patient health in target health facilities.- Prepare preliminary analysis of data collected to guide leadership of investigators.- Collaborate closely with the team to proactively identify areas of opportunity as well as possible challenges and barriers to cancer treatment access.- Leverage strong analytical and problem-solving skills to accelerate progress towards the program’s milestones.- Provide additional technical assistance as needed in the areas of M&E, data management.- Prepare status reports and other required project update documents.- Prepares and submits relevant expense and activity reports within institutional timelines.- Carry out any other duties as may be required by CHAI leadership.
Finance and Accounting- Compile all payments requests and submit to Finance manager for review and approval by budget holder or Country Director- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices and payments- Sending supplier remittances where applicable- Support the internal or external audit process by sorting out audit sample and ensure their completeness- Act as first level support to new colleagues on finance processes and compliance issues- Assist Program staff in assigning the correct PID / GID in their expense reports- Receive and review all their party (EU, MTN etc.) payment vouchers and file them with appropriate TN’s- Prepare weekly cash release and submit to finance manager for review an approval by Country Director- Track staff travel cash advances and reconciliations to ensure compliance with finance manual- Monitor Fuel Tom card balances and ensure timely refill- Follow up with suppliers for original invoices and/or receipts- Support the month end close process with preparation of monthly fuel and carbon report- Ensure monthly filing of all finance vouchers and month end close files- Ensure monthly scanning of finance documents including vouchers, contracts etc.- Track and maintain records of equipment and capital purchases- Other accounting tasks as neededProcurement- Regularly update the vendor register with relevant information for new vendors- Ensure the PO tracker is updated weekly- Ensure all OFAC checks are updated on timely basis in line with CHAI policy- Review purchase orders and other relevant procurement documents for correctness and completeness before they are issued to vendors, and/or processed- Review purchase orders and consult with the team lead for approval, prior to issuance within agreed upon thresholds- Liaise with vendors and other service providers and ensure administrative documents, invoices, GRN are provided before payment is processed- Provide guidance to the program team on compliance requirements in procurement- Other procurement tasks as neededAdministrative- Maintain the asset register and ensure it is always up to date, including conducting impromptu asset verification on a periodic basis- Maintain office records such as travel logs, asset lists, and others as needed- Receive office supplies and prepare GRN- Manage office supplies/consumables stock and ensure timely replenishment- Collect and distribute in-coming mail, record, and send out all out-going mail- Keep reference serial list and assign to new external correspondence- Coordinate logistics for meetings and trainings and set up of conference room(s), request cash advance for refreshments, and provide other logistics for in-house meetings- Oversee office facilities management, transportation, and logistics, including making necessary arrangements for project meetings, workshops, and trainings- Manage the project leadership’s agenda, contacting people to request and confirm appointments- Manage general office services including guards, cleaning services, transportation, and utilities- Manage office supplies and consumables stock to ensure timely replenishment- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analytical tasks using epidemiological, entomological, climate, and other related datasets to identify drivers of malaria transmission and inform the subnational tailoring of interventions.- Build the capacity of provincial, district, and health facility staff on data analysis and use through the implementation of routine and targeted capacity-building activities on data collection, data cleaning, analysis, and use using tools such as DHIS2, QGIS, ODK, and Power BI.- Present findings and recommendations from the data analyses to the Ministry of Health and Childcare provincial, district, and health facility stakeholders as a basis to inform the decision-making.- Microplan, coordinate execution, monitor implementation, and document progress and lessons learned on CHAI-supported activities such as DHIS2 routine reporting support, surveillance data analysis, clinical mentorship, malaria Epidemic Preparedness and Response (EPR), Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) Campaigns.- Provide the overall support and coordination of CHAI’s support for entomological investigation across all the CHAI-supported provinces and document progress, key decisions, and lessons learned in line with the annual work plan.- Maintain key relationships with malaria stakeholders at the provincial and district levels to ensure alignment of operations and priorities while minimizing duplication of efforts.- Support identification of operational bottlenecks that hamper progress towards set targets and devise strategies to mitigate the identified bottlenecks.- Any other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Work with MOHCC and partners to accelerate introduction and uptake of new COVID-19 medicines (including supporting development/dissemination of new guidelines, development of roll-out plans, tracking uptake and cost benefit analysis)- Work with MOHCC, the CHAI country and global teams to adapt and/or develop strategic and implementation plans- Support the design and implementation processes including systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations and reviews- Support training and roll-out of COVID-19 treatment through a test-and-treat program including pharmacovigilance associated with rolling out new treatment- Support the test-and-treat operational research (OR) component through protocol adaptation/finalization, facility data collection, analysis, and reporting, including cleaning and managing data obtained for the study and respond to data set queries- Communicate with the OR study team by organizing and coordinating meetings to discuss activities, progress, and challenges- Organizing and participating in health facility supervision visits in collaboration with MOHCC and other partners- Conduct procurement/export, clearing and distribution of medicines or related products procured by CHAI- Actively participate in national COVID-19 commodity quantification processes with MOHCC- Monitor supply chain and stock status across facilities and support MOHCC as required to minimize stock-outs- Work with the MOHCC and partners to assess opportunities for optimization of national Covid-19 treatment guidelines- Documentation of case studies and best practices as part of knowledge management and sharing within the access to medicines community in CHAI and beyond- Collect and analyse country level clinical data for treatment and diagnostic commodities to support Covid-19 programmatic decision making- Any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
In strong collaboration with the other CHAI members seconded at the MOH, the Program Officer will be responsible to:- Support the establishment of integrated screening for diabetes, hypertension and eye screening in the learning province- Support and build capacities of PHD/OD to build quality NCD services with guidance from both the PMD and NEHP departments- Support all activities that will lead to high rates of integrated screening such as:- Pilot strategy for referral- Support health care worker training- On going quantification of commodities- Support careful analysis and documentation of innovative practice- Support the establishment of regular communication between the learning province PHD coordinator and the national level MoH (PMD and NEHP)- Support identification of key best practices that would lead to national scale up- Support the development of guidelines, workplans, budgets and other materials for key activities- Develop the program progress report against the work plan and consultation with the senior program manager.- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Senior Program Manager.