Click column header to sort
- Lead on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production and use of oxygen related equipment, services and ancillary system needs.- Guide stakeholders through equipment management life cycle including but not limited to system planning, technology selection, specification development, safety and operational risk assessments, procurement, distribution, maintenance, and asset management for proper utilization of oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment.- Provide responses to technical inquiries on oxygen commodities from key internal and external stakeholders. Provide support in the development of SOPs to guide the optimal installation, testing, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of equipment.- Uphold organizational quality assurance requirements and support quality review in the procurement of goods and services, and support CHAI teams to provide technical advisory and evidence-based recommendations to Ministries of Health to inform oxygen system investments.- Research and review technical dossiers of component suppliers and original equipment manufacturers.- Assist with market landscaping through market analysis, collating market intelligence, conducting industry research, and synthesizing findings to guide strategic decisions.- Stay informed on emerging technology and research developments in the field, both nationally and internationally, and disseminate this information to a broader team.- Develop knowledge documentations (Thought pieces, Toolkits, FAQs, lessons learned), and facilitate forums to ensure it is effectively disseminated and used across CHAI country programs and global oxygen community.- Supporting the development of tools for equipment monitoring and asset management- Other responsibilities as requested.
- Perform scientific literature review on relevant topics as needed (e.g., surveillance methods, drivers of malaria transmission, intervention effectiveness)- Monitor, evaluate, and improve the performance of malaria surveillance processes and platforms including the quality of generated information- Contribute to the formulation of surveillance guidelines and SOPs- Design, implement, analyze, and disseminate results from projects evaluating program and/or intervention effectiveness- Organize, clean, and integrate datasets from different sources to aid program monitoring and evaluation and data analyses- Conduct statistical and spatial analyses of malaria metrics (epidemiology, entomology, interventions) to understand disease pattern and impact of interventions in collaboration with academic partners- Synthesize and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications- Translate analytic results to government and non-government partners to support evidence-based decision making and the formulation of operations plans of malaria activities- Promote the routine use and analyses of epidemiological, entomological, and programmatic data to inform country strategy planning and routine program implementation- Supporting institutionalization of data reviews at all levels, including the development of data collection tools and dashboards (e.g., Tableau, DHIS2)- Formulate and deliver national and sub-national level technical training materials- Provide technical supervision, training and ad-hoc programmatic support to staff members involved in epidemiological and surveillance strengthening activities- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings with local academic and technical partners- Serve as a trusted adviser to key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations by proactively developing and maintaining strong working relationships- Any other tasks as required
- Own and execute external and internal communications strategy to support goals of Assistive Technology program- Develop and maintain a comprehensive and easy to access suite of AT communication resources and best practice guidance for using and developing content- Support CHAI’s communications team to carry out wider communications strategy, including managing special projects for various teams at CHAI- Conduct strategic media outreach, including defining audiences, developing pitches, and building or updating media lists- Plan and execute strategic outreach to new and existing partners and donors- Write and edit materials including blog posts, reports, press releases, decks, social media posts, and more- Assist with internal communications and knowledge sharing
Strategic Planning and Leadership (40%)- Serves on the global leadership team, reporting to the CEO and shaping strategic decisions for the organization.- Develop and execute a positioning strategy to develop CHAI’s role as a catalytic thought leader and agent of change in global health.- Direct and update CHAI’s global communications strategy and manage Communications team to implement the strategy.- Develop and lead messaging and brand voice for the organization and ensure quality, consistency, and integrity across teams and media platforms.- Develop, coordinate, and implement communications plans in partnership with program and country teams and other partners to raise awareness about CHAI’s mission and impact.- Develop and execute cohesive internal communications strategy in partnership with other Operations groups.- Manage and mitigate risk and lead crisis communications.Content Development/Writing and Editing (30%)- Provide communications support to CHAI leadership and CEO such as strategic guidance, talking points, briefing memos, event prep, speeches, presentations, or op-eds.- Develop and prepare materials including briefing memos and talking points when needed for members of CHAI’s Board of Directors.- Organize and lead communications events including webinars, press conferences, and relevant industry conferences and symposia and prep participants.- Write, develop, and edit materials including CHAI’s annual report, key leadership documents, talking points, press releases, white papers, and policy briefs.Media Relations and Other Communications Activities (30%)- Direct and lead media outreach and public relations as primary spokesperson for organization.- Lead communications training for CHAI teams.- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Conducting thorough market assessments for priority products and services- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key products- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, business cases, etc.)- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities in order to move forward market-shaping discussions- Other responsibilities as needed
Provide technical and operational support with designing, planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating vector control interventions and corresponding entomological surveillance. This will include:- Collaborating with the NMCP and partners to develop, pilot and roll-out digital reporting tools for Vector Control and Entomological Surveillance- Providing the NMCP with technical and operational support to optimize Larval Source Management (LSM) by strengthening operational guidance, capacity development, implementation and M&E.- Supporting efforts to strengthen and optimize entomological surveillance and insecticide resistance monitoring through development of technical guidelines, training materials and training of technicians.- Support collection of entomological, insecticide resistance and LLINs durability monitoring data, analysis, interpretation and their use to inform decisions.- Supporting NMCP efforts to establish routine systems and processes to track the coverage and use of Vector Control Interventions, including Long-Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLINs) and Larval- Source Management (LSM)- Serving as a trusted adviser to the NMCP on issues related to vector control and entomological surveillance, specifically to translate corresponding normative guidance and field-informed evidence into practical programs. This includes developing and/or updating vector control technical content in national strategic plans, global fund proposals, guidelines, policies, operational plans, training materials and reporting tools.- Proactively developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in country.- Supporting with dissemination of data and learnings via publications and summary decks to internal and external audiences- Provide ad-hoc support to the Dominican Republic as needed, around documentation and /or implementation of priority Vector Control activities and Entomological Surveillance.
• Manage the development of databases, analyses, and frameworks to assist in prioritizing commodities in need of supply-side interventions• Work with internal and external partners to analyze the market outlook, supplier landscape, and production economics across a range of products• Support management of relationships with senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, and other NGOs• Devise analyses and strategies to support potential negotiations with pharmaceutical companies• Design models to assess new opportunities to improve or expand pharmaceutical access programs in the developing world• Develop clear communications materials based upon analyses• Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences
• Assist in updating M&E framework • Ensure alignment of program M&E framework with existing data systems and results frameworks• Develop tools such as survey instruments, protocols, and databases for program monitoring and evaluation purposes• Establish baseline and end line measures across target counties and at the national level• Develop tools for the presentation and dissemination of information to inform program design and modifications by decision-makers and for optimization of program strategies• Evaluate current use of data systems at the facility, county, and central level and provide recommendations for integration of program M&E with existing systems and using existing population-based surveys and assessments• Build capacity of county and health facility staff in timely and accurate health data collection, management and dissemination• Contribute to donor reports• Conduct other formative and operational research as necessary• Represent CHAI at relevant technical working groups and meetings