Click column header to sort
- Analyze and draw conclusions from large volumes of data from both the demand and supply sides of the HIV market to advance CHAI’s collaborations with suppliers, inform strategic decision-making, and assess the impact of CHAI’s work- Manage the development and maintenance of market intelligence databases, quantitative models, and user-friendly tools related to preventing, diagnosing, and treating HIV/AIDS- Create quantitative models and analyses to estimate the impact of market interventions- Design data collection approaches and interface with CHAI’s country teams to gather data for analysis and development of valuable market insights- Drive the development and dissemination of global forecasts of diagnostics and antiretroviral medicines, working closely with global partners and other CHAI teams- Develop communication materials, including published reports, based upon analyses- Present analytical findings to internal and external audiences- Provide ad hoc analytical support to various CHAI teams on HIV/AIDS-related questions, with a focus supporting HIV Regional Managers in their country facing work- Support scoping and landscaping of new areas of work in the HIV treatment space- Other responsibilities as requested by manager
- Collaborate with country teams to develop and implement M&E plans, including designing data collection and management systems to ensure rigorous data collection, validation, and analysis for improving program performance- Synthesize program performance and promote its use in decision making for program service delivery and resource allocation through leading analyses, discussions and other measures- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans through reviewing work plans, reports, organizing and participating in field visits, and initiating data reviews- Contribute to research development and execution, including the design of study protocols and management of data collection and analysis
- Develop a detailed understanding and documentation of supplier dynamics, including market share of suppliers, pricing offered by suppliers, timelines for product development and manufacturing, timelines for obtaining quality assurance for key drugs and diagnostics, status of in-country registration of drugs, in-country dossier filing timelines, and suppliers’ development and access strategies- Analyze market trends and develop demand forecasts and uptake models for new and existing commodities and services- Liaise with the R&D team, the disease team and country teams to develop the market analysis required to support negotiations with suppliers to expedite time-to-market, reduce pricing and improve supply security- Cultivate relationships with existing and potential suppliers of drugs and diagnostics in low-and middle-income markets. Build and maintain these relationships by providingmarket insights and contacts, offering targeted support and guidance to navigate regulatory and procurement processes- Support the development and evaluation of Request of Proposals for commodities and services in collaboration with CHAI country programs and government partners- Monitor supplier compliance with contracts, global and domestic funding for product purchase, and product uptake- Prepare presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions. Present findings of analyses to internal and or external audiences- Other responsibilities as needed
Provide technical and operational support with designing, planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating vector control interventions and corresponding entomological surveillance. This will include:- Collaborating with the NMCP and partners to develop, pilot and roll-out digital reporting tools for Vector Control and Entomological Surveillance- Providing the NMCP with technical and operational support to optimize Larval Source Management (LSM) by strengthening operational guidance, capacity development, implementation and M&E.- Supporting efforts to strengthen and optimize entomological surveillance and insecticide resistance monitoring through development of technical guidelines, training materials and training of technicians.- Support collection of entomological, insecticide resistance and LLINs durability monitoring data, analysis, interpretation and their use to inform decisions.- Supporting NMCP efforts to establish routine systems and processes to track the coverage and use of Vector Control Interventions, including Long-Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLINs) and Larval- Source Management (LSM)- Serving as a trusted adviser to the NMCP on issues related to vector control and entomological surveillance, specifically to translate corresponding normative guidance and field-informed evidence into practical programs. This includes developing and/or updating vector control technical content in national strategic plans, global fund proposals, guidelines, policies, operational plans, training materials and reporting tools.- Proactively developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in country.- Supporting with dissemination of data and learnings via publications and summary decks to internal and external audiences- Provide ad-hoc support to the Dominican Republic as needed, around documentation and /or implementation of priority Vector Control activities and Entomological Surveillance.
- Act as the subject matter expert (SME) on compensation matters, providing guidance and coaching to Global HR colleagues, international and US-based managers and CHAI leaders on complex global compensation-related matters- Advise CHAI leadership on global compensation strategies and methodologies that support CHAI’s global compensation principles of equity, transparency and ease of administration and support the mission by enabling CHAI to attract, retain and motivate talented employees- Project-manage CHAI’s ongoing compensation evaluation, including management of multiple complex work streams involving collaboration with internal stakeholders, CHAI leadership and external consultants- Conduct complex compensation analyses, both qualitative and quantitative, to assess equity in the application of CHAI’s compensation framework across teams, locations, job levels, .etc.; and to assess competitive alignment with external markets and trends- Provide various types of compensation data and analytics to drive business decisions and results; including equity analyses, statistical data, ad-hoc reporting, visual charts and graphs, etc.- Prepare standardized and customized (depending on the need) compensation reports for country and program directors and CHAI leadership- Lead the development and implementation of compensation guidelines and practices that support CHAI’s compensation principles- Lead CHAI’s annual cost-of-living review; develop and recommend appropriate cost-of-living adjustments (COLA) for CHAI’s 40+ countries using an objective, data-driven approach while also considering other relevant economic factors that may vary by country- Work closely with other members of the Global HR Team to develop communication and roll-out plans for annual COLA, as well as any other global compensation initiatives to ensure consistent and transparent communication- Participate in approved salary surveys through the collection and reporting of data to third-party survey providers. Review salary survey results and reports findings and recommendations for any adjustments- Design, implement, and maintain a compensation model that meets CHAI’s complex compensation reporting and analytical needs and can also support global growth and increase efficiency- Oversee the development and implementation of global compensation trainings, processes and guidance documents- Keep skills and knowledge current (technology, application, project management, analytics, change management, etc.) through professional reading, professional websites and internal counsel- Provide other HR services as needed or requested
Strategy development and resource mobilization- Lead the development and implementation of CHAI’s pediatric and adolescent HIV and eMTCT strategy.- Develop innovative concepts and proactively identify opportunities to raise funds to execute against CHAI’s pediatric and adolescent HIV strategy and goals.- Work to identify and engage new donors for CHAI’s pediatric HIV agenda.Management of the pediatric program portfolio- Translate CHAI’s overall strategy and vision into concrete deliverables and design programs that are set up to demonstrate improvements in pediatric outcomes.- Serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of pediatric HIV topics.- Monitor progress to ensure the achievement of program goals, targets, and objectives; problem-solve and refine CHAI’s approach as required.- Engage with CHAI country leadership and program teams to align on approaches, problem solve, provide technical and analytical support, track progress, and ensure pediatric HIV continues to be prioritized.- Ensure that we put affected communities – in this case, children and adolescents living with HIV – at the center of all we do, through meaningful community engagement and partnership.Donor & grant management- Establish and maintain strong relationships and communication with donors on pediatric-focused grants.- Ensure execution against grant priorities, targets, and deliverables.Team & People Management- Build a motivated, results-driven and dedicated team of strategic thinkers who can work across the matrix to ensure outcomes for children living with HIV improve in program countries.- Foster the continuous growth and performance of all direct reports through active coaching and leadership that blends high expectations with intensive support and empathy.- Manage operational and administrative aspects of the team and projects, including timely and accurate reporting of results to donors, budgeting, and recruitment.- As part of the HAP Leadership Team, help to shape the culture and dynamics of Global HAP through regular communication and activities that build team effectiveness and cohesion across geographies and work streams.- Role model the values and mission of CHAI and the behavior norms of Global HAP.Collaboration with internal stakeholders- Develop a trusted relationship and dialogue with program leads on other CHAI teams working on pediatric and adolescent focused projects to foster collaboration and ensure alignment on priorities, strategies, processes, and objectives.- Stay up-to-date on developments across relevant CHAI programs to identify synergies and opportunities where CHAI can magnify impact.Collaboration with global pediatric partners- Manage and build strong relationships with the broad ecosystem of global pediatric partners to identify gaps, design approaches, implement strategies, monitor impact, and continuously improve the strategic programmatic agenda of CHAI’s pediatric response.- Make positive and useful contributions to the overall pediatric HIV landscape and continue to cement CHAI’s role as an important partner in the pediatric space across diagnosis and treatment.- Represent CHAI in international fora on pediatric and adolescent HIV and eMTCT.
The GMT SRH Manager will drive forward key SRH market-shaping activities. This role will involve leading projects to enhance access to vital SRH commodities in LMICs through a range of activities such as negotiating supplier agreements, supporting the introduction and scaleup of key commodities once supplier agreements have been reached, and bringing generic competition to market. As part of these activities, the manager will often need to guide the development of compelling business cases and demand forecasts, among other analyses. We are seeking a highly-motivated, entrepreneurial, and collaborative individual with outstanding analytical, problem-solving, stakeholder management, and communication skills. The manager must be able to function independently, be comfortable working across various technical and country teams within CHAI, and have a strong commitment to excellence. We also place great value on qualities such humility, flexibility, and resourcefulness. To Note:There is a preference for this role to be based in the United States with the flexibility to be based in an alternative CHAI program country, pending GMT and country team leadership approval.This role will require up to 25% travel (as is feasible e.g., pending the COVID context).Responsibilities:- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities in order to move forward SRH market-shaping discussions- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key products- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, business cases, etc.)- Working in close partnership with CHAI’s SRH team to facilitate critical stakeholder discussions that can help bolster market-shaping efforts- Providing thoughtful and regular feedback and coaching to GMT SRH staff- Other responsibilities as needed
- Management of project tasks using best practices methodologies to ensure on time completion- Assisting in solutions research and evaluation- Coordinating project team activities to ensure timely completion of key milestones- Project scheduling, monitoring/escalation of risks (deadline and budget)- Managing project communications and documentation- Tracking of issues including assisting project teams in resolving issues- Assisting teams in project tasks including quantitative and qualitative analysis, plan creation, etc.- Training on systems, assisting with training, testing, analysis and troubleshooting- Participating in business process/department/functional group meetings to understand business needs and challenges and facilitating improvements- Documenting specifications, requirements, user manuals, procedures, and other relevant information- Other responsibilities as needed
• Manage the development of databases, analyses, and frameworks to assist in prioritizing commodities in need of supply-side interventions• Work with internal and external partners to analyze the market outlook, supplier landscape, and production economics across a range of products• Support management of relationships with senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, and other NGOs• Devise analyses and strategies to support potential negotiations with pharmaceutical companies• Design models to assess new opportunities to improve or expand pharmaceutical access programs in the developing world• Develop clear communications materials based upon analyses• Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences
• Assist in updating M&E framework • Ensure alignment of program M&E framework with existing data systems and results frameworks• Develop tools such as survey instruments, protocols, and databases for program monitoring and evaluation purposes• Establish baseline and end line measures across target counties and at the national level• Develop tools for the presentation and dissemination of information to inform program design and modifications by decision-makers and for optimization of program strategies• Evaluate current use of data systems at the facility, county, and central level and provide recommendations for integration of program M&E with existing systems and using existing population-based surveys and assessments• Build capacity of county and health facility staff in timely and accurate health data collection, management and dissemination• Contribute to donor reports• Conduct other formative and operational research as necessary• Represent CHAI at relevant technical working groups and meetings