Click column header to sort
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of the reasons and contributing factors behind the low coverage and uptake of the HPV vaccine in Sierra Leone.- Through findings from the assessments and the Human Centered Design workshop, support the development and execution of a contextually appropriate and scalable coverage improvement implementation roadmap.- Conduct targeted training of HCW to enhance HPV vaccine education and advocating for its integration into school health policy implementation.- Disseminate results across a diverse range of stakeholders to inform HPV programming nationally and globally.- Support the EPI to develop a digitized Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system for effective real-time vaccination tracking.- Support the establishment of CHAI operations across districts as it relates to the HPV vaccination program.- Liaise with stakeholders at all levels to evaluate national immunization commitments, workplan specifically focusing on the scale up of HPV vaccination in the country.- Collaborate with the EPI at national and district level to review and update HPV delivery strategy to improve routine uptake and optimization.- Support and engage in advocacy efforts targeting political and traditional leaders at national and local levels to promote awareness and support for HPV vaccination. - Engage with the government to ensure a smooth transfer of skills, fostering government ownership.- Develop and maintain robust working relationships with government entities, internal partners, donors, and INGOs, ensuring optimal coordination of resources and endeavors within the district and at national level.- Develop persuasive presentations and reports for donors and the government.- Other tasks as necessary.
- Maintain accurate financial records, including cashbooks, ledgers, and bank reconciliations.- Monitor project expenditures, ensuring adherence to approved budgets and cost control measures.- Assist in budget preparation and monitor budget utilization, providing regular updates to project management.- Ensure compliance with USAID financial regulations and guidelines.- Assist in preparing financial reports for submission to USAID, adhering to specific reporting requirements.- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules and coordinate external audits as required.- Support project staff in understanding and implementing financial policies and procedures.- Monitor project cash flow and ensure timely and accurate disbursement of funds.- Prepare cash flow projections and manage cash flow requirements.- Coordinate with banks and financial institutions for fund transfers and other transactions.- Prepare VAT refund claims reports in compliance with donor rules and regulations.- Ensure compliance with local tax regulations and reporting requirements.- Assist in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures.- Coordinate travel arrangements and logistics for project staff and visitors.- Maintain project-related documentation, contracts, and agreements.- Support procurement processes, including obtaining quotations, preparing purchase orders, and tracking deliveries.- Assist managing vendor relationships and negotiate contracts to obtain the best value for goods and services.- Assist in maintaining inventory of project assets and equipment.
- Provide technical assistance to the national malaria program in all malaria control interventions and entomological activities.- Work with CHAI colleagues and governments to identify and prioritize intervention coverage gaps, evaluate impact of interventions (analysis of key indicators, design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation of intervention campaigns, etc.), and uptake of new malaria prevention tools.- Work with CHAI colleagues and governments to identify entomological data gaps that inform the vector control intervention choice and targeting.- Contribute to the formulation and writing of technical deliverables, which may include strategic plans, guidelines, grant proposals, donor reports, or implementation updates.- Identify new opportunities within and outside of the initial project scope, anticipate risks and be proactive in responding to them.- Support the development of presentations, programmatic reports for government and donor reporting, as well as concept notes or other external communication products.- Engage stakeholders interested in supporting malaria programs.- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government programs and partner organization in the region to ensure coordination.- Undertake any other tasks as identified, contributing to the overall success of the malaria and NTDs program in Benin. This multifaceted role requires a dynamic individual dedicated to enhancing public health outcomes through data-driven strategies and collaborative problem-solving.
- Work with national malaria program staff to implement broad management capacity building plans, including trainings for malaria and NTDs government staff at central and subnational levels.- Identify technical gaps with the Ministry of Health that occur during the provision of malaria services at the primary health care level and malaria prevention campaigns.- Work with fellow CHAI country teammates and the national malaria staff to conduct malaria program reviews; update or write national strategic plans; and optimize the cost of national malaria programs by building Excel-based costing and budget models.- Assist Benin malaria & NTDs programs with financial and programmatic tracking, including the identification of key decision-relevant information, the development of dashboards and systems to bring that key information to the decision-making point.- Conduct costing and financial analyses and support the development of funding proposals and operational plans.- Support Beninese government to meet Global Fund requests and satisfy grant application requirements, including budget development.- Serve as liaison between country team, CHAI regional technical teams, Benin partners, and stakeholders with respect to management, strategy, and finance workstreams.- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector in Benin.- Engage stakeholders interested in supporting malaria programs.- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government programs and partner organization in the region to ensure coordination.- Provide program and budget updates for internal project management, best practice sharing, and donor reporting.- Undertake any other tasks as identified, contributing to the overall success of the malaria and NTDs program in Benin. This multifaceted role requires a dynamic individual dedicated to enhancing public health outcomes through data-driven strategies and collaborative problem-solving.
Global Operations (~50%)- Develop project management tools, strategies, and methods to ensure consistent implementation of CHAI policies and procedures across the matrix.- Establish, maintain, and communicate consistent organizational policies and procedures that improve effectiveness, efficiency, and accountability.- In partnership with other support functions ensure all relevant program and non-program countries are up to date and in compliance with respective government requirements.- Support CHAI country start-up and scale-down operational activities, ensuring that all necessary stakeholders are effectively coordinated, and compliance requirements are met.- In partnership with the Director maintain annual budgets and track financial expenditures.Knowledge Management (~25%)- Manage CHAI’s knowledge management processes using internal repositories and the consolidation, organization, and distribution of organizational-wide policies, guides, and practices.- Support the development and implementation of CHAI Net, the organization’s intranet, and primary knowledge management platform.- Develop cross-cutting solutions for improving internal systems for knowledge sharing and information management across the matrix.- In partnership with global HR, and via CHAI Net, streamline and implement a structured onboarding process across the matrix.- In partnership with programming, and via the CHAI Net, systematize e-learning documentation such as tender and proposal development tools, M&E processes, donor reporting, fundraising materials, etc.Organizational Strategy (~25%)- Support the Director, Global Operations on priority projects related to operations excellence, global compliance, programmatic and country operations as assigned.- Pursue innovative and transformational approaches to integrating global operations through a customer service approach across the matrix.- Foster collaboration both within and outside the organization to pursue industry standard approaches to global operations, risk management, compliance, and project implementation.- Support the management and implementation of key committees such as Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Safeguarding Committee; Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and Knowledge management.
Behavioural Research and Insights- Investigate client behavioural toward immunization, and interventions through quantitative and qualitative research methods. Uncover behavioural drivers through client interactions and surveys. - Undertake persona analysis to identify behavioural patterns or characteristics of caregivers, families, and communities who miss vaccination through primary and secondary data analysis.- Conduct desk research on existing research, grey literature, and experience to draw primary hypotheses on zero dose and missed beneficiaries.- Support the program team in designing methods for behavioural research and conducting studies. They will be responsible for identifying sample size, designing questionnaire, data collection techniques, training of the investigators, and all the other aspects of research. - Establishing feedback loops to ensure that information generated from the users is continuously incorporated into the intervention design. Innovation and Product Design- Design interventions, solutions, or products targeted toward the behavior of the clients for improving immunization outcomes including complete and timely vaccination.- The consultant will facilitate continuous iteration of the interventions, solutions, or products based on the feedback loops to ensure scalability and sustainability of the same. Capacity Building- Undertake capacity building of the program team in behavioural science methods through trainings and workshops. - Collaborate with a diverse team and stakeholders on the research methods and intervention design. Documentation and Dissemination- Develop, implement, and monitor plans for behavioural sciences-based interventions and measure outcomes. - Support documentation of behavioural science-informed approaches, interventions, and their impact for project reports, publications, etc and help in the dissemination of the same to various stakeholders. Others- Design interventions to ensure sustained enhancement of Program Managers' capacities in data utilization coming from various RI and non-RI datasets by applying Adult Learning Principles to navigate data and analysis dashboards. - Undertake short-term travel to the field in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Madhya Pradesh to perform the above-mentioned responsibilities. - Perform other duties assigned by the program leadership.
- Provide guidance and expertise to the program team on recognizing gender issues and disparities and Support and guide the project team on integrating gender sensitive, appropriate strategies in the design and implementation of the intervention to promote inclusivity in zero dose learning.- Consistently applying a gender lens, guiding the team at each stage of the project, helping identify drivers, facilitating a thorough root cause analysis, aiding in the ideation, conceptualization & design of interventions and learning from the ongoing processes, to proactively course-correct through a gender perspective, ensuring the overall project to be gender transformative.- Conduct desk research to draw hypotheses on the quantum of gender disparities, and how and why gender is impacting immunization outcomes and lead gender integration and inclusion of gender and equity-related indicators in qualitative and quantitative research and intervention plans. - Support the team in analysing data through a gender lens. Identify intersectionality between gender and other socio-economic factors like gender and caste, gender, and income, etc. to identify the most vulnerable and marginalized population from immunization and overall health perspective. - Lead gender mainstreaming in intervention design on zero-dose learning and management and governance improvement through gender analysis.- Develop gender mainstreaming tools for the team and support the field team in utilizing the tools.- Provide guidance and support to the team for the gender-based data collection. - Facilitate capacity building of internal team and project staff on gender sensitivity and mainstreaming.- Support sensitization and capacity building of program managers and health workers about the inequities in the zero-dose challenge and empower them with the necessary tools to deal with gender inequities and the impact of gender on immunization coverage and services. - Develop a monitoring framework for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of gender mainstreaming activities and capacitate the project team to provide regular reports on the same at periodic intervals as specified. - Advise on the development and incorporation of gender sensitive indicators including data collection and reporting mechanisms for regular data sets on Immunization Program.- Support documentation of gender-informed approaches, interventions, and their impact for project reports, publications, etc and help in the dissemination of the same to various stakeholders. - Perform other duties assigned by the program leadership.
- Lead on design and implementation of evaluations and programmatic M&E to inform program design across CHAI programs. This may include but is not limited to quantitative evaluations, cost modelling, programmatic monitoring, and qualitative approaches to elucidate and address health gaps.- Lead the development and tailoring of study designs to help address key questions and uncertainties related to donor priorities; collaborate with CHAI teams and donors to discuss trade-offs of design considerations.- Work with CHAI teams to develop broader monitoring, evaluation, and learning agenda together with appropriate budget.- Be a thought partner and provide strategic and technical guidance to teams to respond to donor questions related to study design and study implementation.- Interact on a regular basis with senior stakeholders within and outside of CHAI. These will include donors, national stakeholders, and data collection firms.- Be a trusted advisor to CHAI teams and government partners to help tailor measurement approaches to strategic and programmatic questions.- Develop and cultivate positive relationships with internal and external groups, including academic groups, in-country partners, external evaluators, and contribute towards communities of practice or technical working groups.- Collaborate with country teams and government partners to translate results into actionable and policy-relevant recommendations and develop dissemination materials.
Grant Management- Liaise directly with program teams and donors on financial matters.- Act as a business partner to program managers and provide timely financial advice that promotes appropriate decision making by proactively generating insights and undertaking advance planning and close monitoring for financial problem solving.- Generate budgets for grant proposals (or re-budgeting of existing grants).- Generate financial reports and invoices for donors, working directly with the relevant Director, Manager, or EVP responsible for the grant, and work directly with the Senior Director of Budgeting and Reporting and the Program Team(s) to validate the reports.- Review donor contracts, amendments, and no-cost extensions with regards to anticipated cash flows, reporting requirements, approved budget, etc.- Ensure compliance with donor financial requirements.CHAI Financials- Review G/L entries related to the Global Program team(s) and work collaboratively with program managers and directors on G/L adjustments.- Prepare monthly analyses of operational expenses against the budget; work with program managers and directors to provide variance explanations and to make ongoing adjustments to programmatic plans.- Lead the annual budgeting and semi-annual reforecasting for the Global Program team(s) to ensure consistency and accurate reflection of programmatic goals given the financial resources available.- Work with the Global Program team(s) to allocate and track funding. Invoices and Contracts- Support the business relationship with care-partners.- Work with Global Program managers and directors and Accounts Payable to ensure timely payment of invoices.Other- Facilitate training on finance-related issues to non-finance staff; ensure corporate memory is retained; facilitate knowledge transfer of best practices between Global Program teams.- Create tools and reports for budgeting and planning purposes.- Whenever possible, act as an organization-wide resource for CHAI operations.
The Senior Vector Control & Entomological Surveillance Associate, Panama will provide technical and operational support with selecting, targeting, planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating vector control interventions for malaria and dengue, and conducting needed entomological surveillance. This will include:- Serving as a trusted adviser to government on issues related to vector control and entomological surveillance, specifically to translate corresponding normative guidance and new scientific evidence into practical programs.- Identify key gaps in vector control that hamper effective control of vector-borne diseases and develop strategies to fill these gaps.- Assist the government in developing or updating national vector control, entomological surveillance and resistance monitoring and management plans.- Help malaria and dengue programs to plan for the introduction of new effective vector control tools as they come into market (e.g. spatial repellents, Wolbachia, ATSBs, transgenic mosquitoes).- Help the government in devising and budgeting annual work plans for vector control and entomology.- Develop and/or update vector control technical content in national disease control and elimination strategies guidelines, plans and in donor proposals.- Using available data to support the government in selecting the most appropriate vector control interventions, combining them as needed and targeting them to the right places and populations.- Help develop operational plans, operating procedures, and associated training materials for the adequate implementation of vector control activities, based on prior country experiences and global best practices.- Support the monitoring of vector control interventions, such as LLIN durability monitoring or IRS residual efficacy monitoring, including developing plans, protocols, SOPs, data collection forms and providing day to day field support.- Assist the government in designing and implementing optimal entomological surveillance systems to address key programmatic question to guide vector control.- Contribute to collating data and conducting analysis to evaluate the impact of vector control interventions.- Support the government to timely monitor and address biological and non-biological threats to vector control (e.g. insecticide resistance, introduction of invasive species, unplanned urbanization, climate change).- Contribute to the ideation and drafting of new project proposals, and identification of funding opportunities to support vector control and entomological surveillance.- Proactively developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations.- Collaborate with the government in disseminating results and learnings to internal and external audiences, via reports, publications and summary decks.