Click column header to sort
- Serve as a trusted adviser to national malaria programs on issues related to vector control and entomology- Provide technical and operational support with implementing vector control interventions, including insecticide-treated nets, larval source management, and indoor residual spraying, in targeted foci of malaria transmission. This includes ensuring that vector control campaigns are planned and executed well, and identifying and disseminating lessons learned after intervention implementation- Support national programs with translating evidence, current research, and normative guidelines on vector control, entomological investigation and monitoring and surveillance into practical programmatic and field operations. This includes updating and reviewing national strategic plans, guidelines, and policies for vector control technical content in order to align with global recommendations, as well as communicating information on available and pipeline products and interventions for tool selection decisions- Support NMCPs with developing detailed operational plans, operating procedures, and associated training materials related to vector control, in order to support government capacity and effective execution of malaria program- Work in close coordination with internal analytics team to facilitate implementation of operational research projects, including conducting background research, designing surveys, writing and editing protocols, conducting data analysis, and writing reports- Support national and sub-national government partners with evidence-based decision making, including analyzing, interpreting, and using data- Disseminate findings through high-quality and clear presentations, reports, and publications- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations at the regional level, including technical partners like PAHO and the Inter-American Development Bank.- Support identifying potential sources for potential resource gaps in vector control, and mobilize additional funding to address these gaps- Explore the utilization of new tools and interventions to eliminate malaria, and develop operational plans and other materials to support the implementation of these tools- Coordinate with Senior Malaria Regional Manager and country teams on programmatic and budgetary aspects of vector control implementation- Co-manage vector control technical associates based in countries of operation, including training and mentoring these associates, overseeing the technical components of their work, and supporting staff to ensure high quality delivery of vector control support- Establish effective communication and coordination mechanisms within the CHAI malaria team to ensure a motivated and well-functioning team and well-coordinated work streams to maximize impact of CHAI’s support to national program- Support other strategic and technical areas as necessary- Coordinate with the Regional Director and other CHAI teams as necessary
- Support GoMP state RI cell/National Health Mission in planning and executing regular program reviews with districts including action planning and follow up- Contribute to program strategy by developing purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support RI cell in program management- Create data backed dashboards, bulletins, review templates, decision making tools- Support capacity building of key functionaries on data analytics and review mechanisms- Development of reports, presentations & templates for effective use by state leadership for strengthening of Routine Immunization program- Perform other responsibilities as requested by country leadership, and travel on short notice to various parts of the state and pan India.
- Collaborate with CHAI Cambodia team and the Ministry of Health and relevant departments, and local partners to conduct a rapid digital health landscape assessment- Provide technical support to MoH in developing an operational workplan and roadmap in adequation with the National Digital Health Strategy- Explore opportunities for linkage between digital technologies and their use for social protection – protection of vulnerable populations- Collaborate with government to carry out capacity building, to ensure skills transfer and government ownership of digital health tools- Support partner relationships including navigating a diverse ecosystem of stakeholders such as government officials, subject matter experts, NGO staff, provincial health workers and frontline health workers. Ability to build consensus, manage expectations, and coordinate with these groups and in certain cases lead conversations independently- Provide technical advice and training as needed to support the development of ICT solutions through other project activities across CHAI Cambodia portfolio- Other relevant tasks as requested
- Provide strategic and administrative support to Program Manager to ensure smooth and successful program development and implementation- Ensure effective communication with key local partners and internal program for better coordination and planning- Operationalize and implement recommendations and technical guidance as agreed with local partners- In coordination with Vaccine Program Manager, support government partners at national level with planning, analytics, problem-solving and implementing of their Rota introduction strategy- Work closely and support partners at subnational level (Provincial and District Office of Health, Primary Health centre and other related local government bodies), including communities to ensure the success of the Rota program implementation- Facilitate monitoring, evaluation and analysis for continuous program adaptation and improvement- Ensure the documentation of activities and outcomes in order to create replicable models and policy advocacy documents- Perform basic finance and admin functions as needed under the guidance of the CHAI Finance team- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Program Manager and or Senior Program Manager and or Program Director
Operational Support – 55%- Proactively liaise with internal HR department staff on cross cutting themes related to Talent Acquisition at CHAI, and communicate challenges that occur within the Recruitment process to other HR leaders to ensure there is internal collaboration in resolving issues with CHAI Hiring Teams.- Lead position assignment to Global Recruitment team members and provide guidance to Hiring Teams when requesting support on the new hire processes, including but not limited to: uploading job descriptions, DEI Considerations, level of positions, compensation guidance, and base location requirements.- Develop a deep understanding of CHAI’s recruiting operations and effectively communicate the talent acquisition process across the organization.- Manage internal and alumni candidate process: manage and update the database of current internal, and alumni candidates, serve as main point of contact for employees, hiring teams, and managers on internal recruitment processes and communication. This process will involve, but isn’t limited to:- Review, edit, and advertise all new positions on CHAI’s careers portal.- Complete reference checks for candidates hired through Global Talent Acquisition team.- Develop background check process, aligning with donor reporting requirements- Complete ad hoc recruitment of full time and volunteer positions: completing kick off calls with hiring managers, screening resumes, interviewing candidates, scheduling interviews, and extending offers.- Provide ongoing guidance and recommendations on recruitment process optimization through ongoing collaboration with internal HR teams, and other recruitment operations stakeholders.- Manage the maintenance, and update of existing recruitment resources available to the organization, including the development of new resources.Administrative Support - 20%- Daily management of Recruitment Team inbox: effectively triage communication that comes to the Recruitment Inbox to the appropriate members of the Global TA/HR Team, ensuring to respond to questions and urgent matters in a timely fashion.- Create and update Global TA Team Process documents, including training materials, communications templates, and reference documents.- Manage the Global TA Team Job board database(s), and provide ongoing guidance/updates to the TA Team on job board management.- Work closely with Associate Director, Global TA on the creation, and management of resource development for Hiring Teams.- Work closely with CHAI’s HRIS, Systems Analyst to optimize recruitment search and reporting functions. Support streamlining systems on the recruitment side; provide guidance to team members on better utilization of existing system.- Facilitate systems integration and local training efforts with CHAI’s HRIS system – working with HRIS Systems Analyst Manage the triaging and responses to messages directed to the Talent Acquisition inbox.- Coordinate Global Talent Acquisition bi-weekly team meetings and agendas.People Management - 15% – this position has the flexible opportunity to manage one to two direct report(s). This would involve:- Overseeing the execution of their full-cycle recruitment processes. Ensuring that direct reports are supported with operational/logistical matters, applicant tracking, maintaining relationships with hiring managers and following other processes.- Provide advice, coaching, and act as a thought partner to direct reports and others on the team as needed.- Troubleshoot and recommend solutions for a wide range of issues and queries that arise daily.- Provide feedback on a weekly basis and conduct annual performance reviews.- Work with direct reports to assess their professional development goals and set achievable short-term and long-term targets. As needed, coordinate across the broader global HR team to ensure opportunities are made available for growth that align with these goals.- Step in to provide coverage for direct reports when direct reports are offline.- Track personal time-off, vacation and other leave days.External Relationship & Pipeline Management – 10%- Manage relationships with professional and academic partners to place short term volunteers and externs: screening candidates, confirming funding, and reviewing financial agreements.- Manage pipeline of referral and volunteer candidates: interviewing and maintaining contact with candidates and sharing profiles with members of the Talent Acquisition and hiring teams.
Project Management and Coordination- Lead and drive the success of the project working collaboratively and coordinating with relevant internal and external partners- Collaborate closely and coordinate internal CHAI teams to drive project forward- Serve as a key advisor to senior leadership, regional managers, and technical teams on the progress, challenges and opportunities related to the project- Proactively monitor and manage project execution (planning, implementation, and dissemination) to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget- Coordinate the day-to-day functioning of the project, including preparing and updating project workplans, providing inputs into regional and country workplans to ensure project activities are adequately reflected, leading communications, and providing support to all internal stakeholders involved- Proactively identify issues related to project execution and evaluate potential consequences and risk levels- Problem-solve challenges in meeting project objectives, including internal and external conflict resolution, budget constraints, and other operational challenges- Continually and collaboratively identify new opportunities to add value and maximize project’s impact- Ensure project compliance with all administrative, financial, and contractual requirementsTeam Management and Communications- Manage communications across technical teams, country teams, and regional managers to ensure timely delivery on cross-cutting project activities- Working closely with the Regional Manager, travel as needed to provide assistance to country program managers and staff across focus countries- Assist country teams to manage effective implementation of planned activities, including adherence to timelines and coordinating review and feedback from technical teams.- Support the hiring of project staff, including preparing job descriptions, participating in the interview process, and developing onboarding approaches and materials- Support sharing of information, best practices, standardized approaches and lessons learned across countriesExternal Partner Engagement- Develop and monitor partner engagement across the project, including coordination of internal CHAI roles and responsibilities, collaboration approaches, and communications with external partners- Support formulation of sub-awards as needed, including defining clear and actionable scope of work, timelines for contact deliverables, negotiating and finalizing budgets with partnersDonor Financial Reporting and Communications- Contribute to development of project and financial donor reports, including supporting coordination of regular donor updates, soliciting inputs from relevant teams and ensuring adherence to reporting timelines- Review and provide input to the budgeting process, including review of expenditures and decisions on reallocating funds- Develop or contribute to the formulation of templates for grant deliverables, formulate project reports and presentations, and coordinate with leadership to provide appropriate updates and reports on activities- Review and ensure high quality and up-to-date documentation of project activities, achievements, and grant deliverables- Support dissemination of findings both internally and externally through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications
- Contribute strategic vision and thought leadership for how malaria and NTD analytics and surveillance can be strengthened in the countries and regions where CHAI works- Serve as a technical advisor and mentor to CHAI’s regional and country teams working with national malaria and NTD programs- Review and contribute to surveillance and analytics components of annual country work plans to ensure they meet strategic goals- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings with international and local academic and technical partners- Formulate and conduct high quality epidemiological analyses to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease pattern, and inform strategic planning- Monitor, evaluate, and improve the performance of malaria and NTD surveillance processes and platforms, and contribute to the formulation of surveillance guidelines- Design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination of operational research projects evaluating program or intervention effectiveness- Support design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs- Promote the routine use of epidemiological, entomological, and programmatic data and analysis to inform country strategy planning and program implementation- Synthesize and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications- Manage surveillance and analytics staff and workstreams related to malaria and NTDs, including technical mentorship, supervision, guidance, and training for a small technical team- Manage internal communications between surveillance and analytic staff and other technical and operational CHAI teams- Manage relationships with regional academic and partner organizations working on relevant data analysis and surveillance activities- Develop capacity building material and approaches for knowledge management to coordinate surveillance and analytic activities and lesson sharing across teams, countries, and regions- Other responsibilities as needed
- Lead and drive the success of CHAI’s malaria and NTD program in Benin including setting the vision and goals, prioritizing resources, and developing country-specific work plans - Proactively monitor and manage execution of CHAI’s malaria and NTD program in Benin to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget - Identify and problem-solve challenges in meeting objectives including internal and external conflict resolution, budget constraints, and other operational challenge and apply strategic and critical thinking to adjust objectives and activities accordingly - Build strong relationships with stakeholders from government, partner organizations and local institutions to facilitate coordination, problem solving, alignment of objectives and delivery of results - Work closely with CHAI’s regional technical teams and managers to identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed- Demonstrate leadership and directly manage all members of the CHAI Benin Malaria and NTD team - Synthesize results and communicate them internally and externally at national and regional venues through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications- Oversee the operational and financial management of the country program, including budget planning and reporting, as well as leading the finalization of CHAI’s corporate setup in Benin. This may include the need to serve on the local Board of Directors of the CHAI Benin entity and act as the point person for vendor relationships. - Act in an official signing capacity as the official CHAI, Inc. representative in Benin with the government - Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Big Picture and Special Projects – research, writing, analysis, and thought partnership to inform CHAI’s forward-looking strategy (40%)- Support early-stage exploration, development and, if warranted, execution of key organizational initiatives in close collaboration with the CEO and relevant members of leadership. These will vary based on shifting priorities but may include topics such as: researching the academic literature and market analysis to inform entry into new lines of work; researching best practices and developing tailored operational plans for how to strengthen organizational culture, values, and morale; development of cross-organizational strategy initiatives, etc.- Support the development of new initiatives and org-wide and departmental strategies in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders.- Executive-level presentations and writing - work with the Communications team on thought leadership and sector influence such as drafting op-eds, thought leadership pieces, and presentations at conferences.High-quality execution – Coordination, liaising, and driving execution with Leadership team, Board of Directors and external partners (40%) - Serve as liaison between the CEO, Board of Directors, CHAI senior leadership, country and program leaders, and operational departments, regarding program and project updates, donor relations and enterprise-wide strategic initiatives and planning.- Plan content and oversee execution of all Board meetings, leadership team meetings and more to ensure key enterprise-wide issues are discussed and clear outcomes are identified. E.g.,- CHAI Leadership meetings:- Schedule, manage, organize, and distribute meeting content and track deliverables from meetings of all CHAI Leadership Teams – SLT, OLT, PLT and special committees (E.g., DEI).- Work with leadership teams to ensure timely execution of key strategic initiatives, collaborating across programmatic and operations teams.- Join most calls (internal and external) and selected travel with CEO in order to effectively serve as a thought partner to CEO and to ensure critically triaging and high-quality follow-through on all action items.- Other duties as assigned (ex. logistics and support for leadership or BOD meetings).Logistical support (20%) - Manage the shared Operations Associate who will be responsible for all scheduling and logistics. E.g.,- Manage the CEO’s schedule, planning travel and scheduling Board and Leadership meetings.- Plan, coordinate, and keep meetings focused and coordinated including preparing written materials and communication, and other tasks, as assigned.- Overall support: dynamically provide support and gap-filling as needed on cross-cutting organizational initiatives to enable the CEO to focus on running the organization. The above responsibilities will be carried out by working closely with the CEO, COO, CFO, SLT, PLT, OLT, country leadership and Board.
Provide technical and operational support with designing, planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating vector control interventions and corresponding entomological surveillance. This will include:- Work directly with governmental malaria programs to identify operational gaps and devise context-appropriate, evidence-based solutions- Collaborate with governmental staff and the Pan American Health Organization to identify key impediments to malaria elimination- Support efforts to strengthen and optimize entomological surveillance and insecticide resistance monitoring through development of technical guidelines, training materials and training of technicians- Help develop operational plans, operating procedures, and associated training materials for vector control activities- Support collection of entomological, insecticide resistance, LLINs durability and residuality IRS monitoring data, analysis, interpretation and their use to inform decisions- Support government efforts to establish routine systems and processes to track the coverage and use of vector Control Interventions- Serve as a trusted adviser to government on issues related to vector control and entomological surveillance, specifically to translate corresponding normative guidance and field-informed evidence into practical programs. Developing and/or updating vector control technical content in national strategic plans, global fund proposals, guidelines, and policies, operational plans, training materials and reporting tools- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in country- Support with dissemination of data and learnings via publications and summary decks to internal and external audiences- Other responsibilities as needed