Click column header to sort
- Oversee a team of direct and indirect reports which manages the execution of day-to-day HR administration and transactions, HR record-keeping, global benefits, US labor compliance and immigration, and other general employee and manager support; including but not limited to:- Collaborating with CHAI Payroll to implement salary and other payroll changes- Leading Global HR’s relationship with Global Payroll to ensure timely, complete and accurate processing of biweekly and monthly payroll changes and resolution of complex HR/Payroll issues- Onboarding and off-boarding, data-entry, benefits enrollments, employment contract management, employment verifications and visa letters, etc.- Managing the strategic and day-to-day administration of CHAI’s international and US-based benefits packages, and advising on local benefits plans as needed- Managing US immigration processes and record-keeping, with support from external counsel- Leading audit compliance efforts for HR Operations (e.g. donor, external and internal audits), including record-keeping, reporting, and responding to audit question- Lead strategic and day-to-day HR compliance efforts for CHAI’s US operations at the federal, state, and local levels, maintaining in depth knowledge of employment-related legal requirements, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance (includes statutory reporting, record-keeping, etc.), and proactively staying up to date on legal and regulatory changesResolve complex employee compliance and/or operational issues during the recruitment offer stage and/or throughout the employee life cycle, and liaise with CHAI leaders as needed- Review and approve all new employment contracts and renewals for CHAI Inc. and non-program country employees for levels 7 and below; review only for levels 8+- Lead the strategy and execution of comprehensive, polished communications related to HR operations and compliance matters, including:- Creating policy, process and guidance documents for HR colleagues, employees, managers and CHAI leadership- Drafting written notifications to impacted parties regarding changes and updates in laws, benefits and/or policies as well as resolution of compliance matters- Manage relationships with internal and external partners (e.g. external legal counsel and vendors) as it relates to HR operations and compliance- Proactively provide training and coaching to other HR colleagues on HR operational processes, benefits, and employment-related compliance requirements and best practices- Support program and non-program countries with operational and compliance matters- Independently manage medium to large complex projects, including managing deadlines, communication, record-keeping, and collaborating with internal and/or external stakeholders to ensure timely and successful completion of deliverables- Miscellaneous administrative duties related to HR operations support e.g., the preparation of shipping requests, facilitation of signature requests, document storage, etc.- Travel internationally as needed- Perform other duties, as assigned
Leadership and Strategic Planning- In close coordination with the DRC senior leadership team, provide operational and technical support to the MoH and most particularly the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) to develop a strong national vision and increase coverage of high-quality case management and vector control, including working with government staff on a daily basis to:- Catalyze critical improvements in government-owned surveillance systems and routine data analysis and response- Design and implementation of routine surveillance and data system improvements including developing guidelines to ensure quality data collection and reporting; training staff on the new approaches, introducing new analytic or visualization tools and ensuring regular data review- Foster a data culture and create sustained demand for information to understand the drivers of malaria transmission and impact of malaria programs as well as to respond and/or adjust course more rapidly- Develop and execute evidence-based strategic and operational plans and policies- Identify, document, and disseminate lessons learned- Support operational stratification and tool selection for context-appropriate interventions- Develop new funding proposals for the country malaria control activities in collaboration with national governments- Support national malaria programs to streamline financial planning, disbursement, and tracking processes to reduce impediments to implementation- Identify key financial management impediments to programmatic goals and work with donors and country governments to devise targeted solutions to address them- Develop and implement a compelling strategy for maximizing CHAI’s impact and support to the MoH, including clear operational plans that align with government priorities and are coordinated with relevant stakeholders- Coordinate CHAI’s support to the MoH to help strengthen systems and achieve audacious goals on aggressive timelines- Monitor program activities against project goals and MoH commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work with DRC government partners and CHAI teams to strengthen programs as necessary- Produce quality products and documents including strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, presentations, project reports and implementation updates, and/or communications with partners- Successful transition of completed activities with an emphasis on the long-term sustainability of investments Stakeholder Relationship Management- Engage, build, and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, country and international partners, donors and NGOs working on public health campaigns and digital health in DRC in alignment with MoH priorities to:- Develop a deep understanding their motivations and challenges and- Ensure effective and impactful coordination between various stakeholders- Represent CHAI in public forums, including the development of presentations and materials for external audiences and maintain relationships with national and international partners to ensure coordinated activities- Coordinate and lead internal communication within the team, across teams and globally- Engage and collaborate with regional and local experts, institutions, and partners to facilitate long-term sustainability of CHAI’s workProgram Management and Mentorship- Provide direct oversight of a small team of highly competent staff; provide support and guidance to program managers and junior staff on strategy and project deliverables to achieve team goals- Mentor program managers and technical staff as they take on managerial responsibilities- Develop management capacity and technical expertise of CHAI country and regional staff to augment support to national health programs- Develop and ensure execution of program budgets and performance indicators in collaboration with program staff and the DRC senior leadership team- Lead reporting for the health campaigns programs, working alongside the DRC senior management team to develop programmatic and financial updates- Work with program teams to develop new program areas, including proposal development and engagement with internal and external stakeholdersOther activities and responsibilities, as needed.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key elements and building-blocks of the ABDM ecosystem and leverage this understanding to drive the business-process strengthening initiative.- Identify, analyze, and highlight vulnerabilities, gaps, or areas for improvement in key business processes by:- Leveraging data and insights from ABDM’s pilot phase to pinpoint bottlenecks- Planning and executing strategic field visits to key healthcare providers or other collaborating entities to assess the uptake of ABDM systems and compliance of related business processes.- Leading knowledge-sharing and brainstorming sessions across teams and stakeholders to derive strategies to strengthen business processes across the ABDM ecosystem- Identify KPIs and build monitoring dashboards to enable effective programmatic decision making by training the implementation teams at both state and national levels.- Build capacity within government for evidence-based management, including through day-to-day joint tasks and deliverables as well as trainings to key stakeholders at the national and sub-national level on various aspects of the ABDM.- Facilitate key meetings/events such as trainings, state coordination meetings, IT workshops etc. as per guidance from NHA leadership.- Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact.- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors, and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by country leadership.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key elements and building-blocks of the ABDM ecosystem and leverage this understanding to drive adoption of ABDM across stakeholders in India’s healthcare ecosystem.- Identify opportunities and strategize plans to interest and onboard Healthcare Service Providers, Hospitals, Healthcare Software vendors or other such entities by leveraging the ABDM Sandbox environment.- - Develop and execute onboarding plans for these integrating entities based on factors such as volume of user-base of entity and ease of technical and functional integration with the ABDM.Leverage institutional knowledge from NHA and CHAI ecosystems to fast-track integrations and subsequent expansion of the ABDM ecosystem by mediating cross-functional knowledge-sharing sessions and acting as a catalyst in the required capacity.- Drive initiatives to strengthen and leverage the use of ABDM created registries at appropriate level to create single source of truth in respect of clinical establishments, healthcare professionals, health workers, drugs, and pharmacies- Improve uptake of ABDM among citizens by identifying levers that can be utilized to build citizen-engagement, specifically by analyzing approaches taken during the pilot phase and the obstacles faced.- Draft and review consultation papers, policy briefs, press releases and other such documents for the NHA as per the guidance of NHA leadership- Support the team with identification of the right KPIs and building of monitoring dashboards to enable effective programmatic decision making by training the implementation teams at both state and national levels- Build capacity within government for evidence-based management, including through day-to-day joint tasks and deliverables as well as trainings to key stakeholders at the national and sub-national level on various aspects of the ABDM.- Facilitate key meetings/events such as trainings, state coordination meetings, IT workshops etc. as per guidance from NHA leadership.- Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact.- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors, and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort- Perform other responsibilities as requested by country leadership.
In support to Country Director (CD), Deputy Country Director (DCD) (Senior Leadership Team) & Associate Director Business Management, Operations and Finance (AD-BOF):- Consolidated monthly financial Reports, inclusive of insightful commentary.- Cash flow forecasting & availability of funds management, inclusive of insightful commentary.- Hands on monitoring & implementation of donor agreements & resource utilization.- First support for all financial aspects, including budget development for new proposals.- Consolidation of program budgets and re-forecasts, inclusive of insightful commentary for AD-BOF’s decision-making.- Hands on preparation of annual accounts, taxation statements, co-ordination of Statutory Audit.- Assurance of (in country) compliance with CHAI’s Global Finance & Procurement policies, based on guidance from AD-BOF.- Continuous improvement of internal accounting & financial control procedures.- Oversight & enforcement of (in country) procurement and financial delegations’ controls.- Treasury management - proactively managing foreign exchange needs, reporting gains/losses.- Technical guidance on professional accounting requirements.- Under the supervision of AD-BOF, ensure maintenance of Finance Operations Manual (proposal of updates of financial controls / procedures).- Supports in the Financial risk management identification & mitigation.In support to Programs: - Organize the day-to-day budget and financial operations encompassing quality control and monitoring, financial accounting, and reporting, workplan and award management including cash flow forecasting and monitoring, while liaising with relevant Program Associate Directors and their respective team members.- Coordination of preliminary and final financial Reports, to obtain insightful commentary.- Hands on effective support/guidance in preparation of program, project, budgeting/re-forecasting requirements.- Training to ensure budget holders understand their responsibilities, providing a rapid response to any training needs.- Timely production of budget variance reports and resolution of queries, and accurate completion of financial reports for grants, contracts, estimated fund requests.- Ensure expenditures are in line with the approved activities and within the timeframe and that all expenditures are properly accounted (within authorized levels) and quarterly reported.- Monitor and ensure compliance by Program teams with donor funding criteria and CHAI internal policies and procedures.- Adequate & timely provision of cashflow requirements for project activities.In support to Human Resources:- Assist the AD-BOF in maintaining equitable staff compensation policies and practices within approved budget and donor requirements.- Participates to preparation and implementation of the work plan and budget to ensure compatibility with priorities and objectives and advise the AD-BOF and Senior Leadership Team on the most effective use of resources.In support to AD-BOF for Donors and HQ:- Support AD-BOF for timely submission of reporting obligations, actual, budget, re-forecast, inclusive of variance analysis with insightful commentary.- Timely preparation of donor reporting obligations for AD-BOF’s review and submission.- Proactive financial management responsiveness to the internal and external compliance & audit requirements of Donor funds, ensuring compliance mechanisms are fully built into & enabled within project operations.- Timely submission of donor reporting obligations.- Conduct analysis to ensure accurate funding allocation as well as actual vs planned variance analysis reporting.General Administration, team building, and mentorship:- Ensure direct Reporting and supervision of finance staff (Senior Accountant and Finance Assistant), and guidance for Program Assistants.- Define expectations and provide clear leadership and technical support as needed to their Unit’s staff.- Conduct first layer oversight of timely financial records management.- Other responsibilities as needed.
The Senior Associate will be part of CHAI’s Global Essential Medicines team, working to achieve affordable yet sustainable global oxygen supply and prices. The Senior Associate will report into the Global Essential Medicines team and work closely with CHAI’s country teams in more than 15 countries and other cross-cutting teams such as the Global Markets team. Country level support: - Conduct robust quantifications of national oxygen need and production capacities based on various data sources (e.g., health facility assessments, DHIS2, medical equipment inventory), - Develop cost estimates to inform domestic and external resources mobilization (e.g., Global Fund proposals) - Lead development of equipment and funding gap analyzes based on cost estimates and the outputs of the quantifications - Use sensitivity analyzes and develop scenarios (e.g., bed occupancy rates, COVID-19 patients’ numbers) to generate awareness among national stakeholder about the level of uncertainty surrounding these estimates - Leverage GIS data and quantification outputs to make recommendations on oxygen production, storage and distribution infrastructure placement (e.g., PSA plant, VIE tanks, oxygen piping) - Lead preparations of presentations, business cases, executive briefing and other analyses to inform key decision-makers about the relevant supply mix and operating models (e.g., Public-Private-Partnerships) to scale up access to oxygen - At the request of the country teams, participate in and provide technical input during meetings with local stakeholder (e.g., central and local health authorities, health partners, donors) - Develop a strong understanding of national healthcare systems and dynamics, funding mechanism, supply chains, local public and private players, and anticipate new trends that may influence the oxygen access environment - Train and mentor key staff members of CHAI’s country teams on oxygen need quantification and costing methods Global level support: - Contribute insights from low-to-middle income countries to support supplier and donor engagements (e.g., demand forecasting, supplier access strategies) - Continuously maintain and update a database of cost estimates and market prices for oxygen-related equipment, devices and products - Assist with markets landscaping through market analysis, collating of market intelligence, and conducting research for price negotiations to support the Global Markets team - Collaborate on the development of technical guidance documents- Support the development of concept notes and new projects, and contribute to proposal development Global goods creation: - Proactively identify gaps in tools & global resources (e.g., quantification and costing tool, financial modeling), and develop such resources with inputs from end-users - Work in close collaboration with global stakeholders (e.g., UNICEF, WHO, PATH) to support the creation and updating of ‘global goods’ resources (e.g., UNICEF’s oxygen system planning tool)
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with proven people and project management capabilities, strategic vision, communication skills, academic credentials and a professional track record of delivering results. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Country Support Manager’s role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:- Serve as a key advisor in the development of national oxygen-related COVID-19 response and longer term oxygen planning in a set of focal countries. Provide support to establish templates, tools and standard methodologies for national planning.- Act as the focal point to manage the relationship between the Essential Medicines team and CHAI countries, including country team leadership- Coordinate knowledge management for best practices and lessons learned in planning and implementation for sharing across focal countries, and CHAI more broadly- Work in partnership with focal country teams in the execution of their national plans, including the planning, technology selection, specification requirements, forecasting & quantification, procurement, distribution and maintenance for proper utilization of oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment- Work with in-country staff to facilitate timely registration, import licensing, custom/port inspection of oxygen technologies and diagnostic equipment as needed- Prepare impact analysis and build tools (forecasting, budgeting, work plans, etc.) to support countries' activities- Work with CHAI country teams, governments, and partners to identify funding for increased and sustainable investment in scaling up access to oxygen therapy- Assist EM team to manage global supplier relationships through product demand forecasting, market analysis, sharing of market intelligence, and supporting price negotiations- Provide remote and in-country technical assistance to CHAI country teams and governments in support of work streams related to medical oxygen- Work with EM Team and CHAI country teams to identify synergies across programs and support efforts to enable collaboration across programs- Troubleshoot technical and programmatic issues raised by countries and coordinate appropriate support from EM team to address technical issues- Contribute to donor and other reporting.- Any other support, as required Essential Medicines team.
Overall Program implementation and technical support for quality project implementation- Oversee the implementation of M-MAMA Program and other related MNH activities in catchment districts including activity planning and budgeting, coordination, execution and reporting in line with the overall M-MAMA program workplan. - Establish and sustain effective engagement with District Health Teams, Administration, and other Health Implementing partners to inform the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of maternal and newborn emergency referral and transportation system (M-MAMA EmTS) at district, health facility and community levels- Coordinate and ensure successful M-MAMA program introduction and orientation of all key stakeholders in catchments on program goal, objectives, and implementation arrangements.- Coordinate and garner technical input into key program implementation tools and protocols from district level stakeholders. This will include referral pathways, program baseline and monitoring data collection, development of payment system for community drivers and overall IT component of the program.- Work with District Health Management Teams (DHMTs) to coordinate M-MAMA EmTS engagements, trainings and awareness activities at district, health facility and community levels,- Working with the District Administrator, coordinate activities and engage key stakeholders to recruit, orient and manage community emergency transport and transporters.- Support in the set up and management of M-MAMA Dispatch centre and troubleshooting any issues that may arise - Work with DHMT MNH focal persons to conduct routine program/MNH performance reviews and provide program progress updates and reports as required. This will include supporting Districts and health facilities to use data for decision making. - Actively represent CHAI in relevant district level meetings and workshops while providing technical input and support to districts. - Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in catchment districts and ensure coordination of resources and efforts for sustainable implementation of EmTS services. For example, resources for training of health care workers on Basic and Emergency Obstetric and Newborn care, basic MNH supplies and equipment. - Support the program to document best practices (in form of case studies, success stories, video clips in addition to the routine and ad hoc reports).- Support routine and donor reporting processes. - Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Build and maintain strong relationship with government and private sector stakeholders.- Manage staff and coordinate all work areas. This will likely include:- Oversee landscape review of private and public laboratory services with the creation of data collection tools and questionnaire.- Conduct the analysis to determine strength, weaknesses, constraints of the system to propose solutions.- Conduct the study of PPP regulations and experiences.- Manage assessment of the financing system and resources that supports diagnostics networks, from commodity procurement to service delivery at facilities and in communities.- Provide strategic input into policy documents including but not limited to national laboratory policies and strategic plans, quality improvement plans as required.- Represent CHAI in relevant forums and technical working groups.- Manage project resources according to CHAI policies and procedures.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Serve as a trusted adviser to the Ministries of Health - Build strong relationships with stakeholders from government and partner organizations from public health and academia- Gather required information about COVID-19 diagnostic and treatment trends in multiple countries in Latin America- Support the Governments in Latin America on providing the right evidence to inform their decisions about the adoption of new innovative diagnostic and therapeutic tools- Work closely with regional technical teams and Regional Director to ensure the achievement of proposed outcomes- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI in external meetings as needed.- Additional responsibilities as needed.