Click column header to sort
- Work in close collaboration with the HIV Prevention Director as the core team responsible for driving the rollout of CHAI’s HIV prevention program.- Serve as the technical lead on HIV prevention within CHAI, remaining abreast and up to date with the latest clinical evidence, technological and market developments, implementation experience, partner landscape, and integration and sustainability trends and best practices.- Support the development of overall project strategy, implementation, progress monitoring and problem-solving as required to achieve project goals.- Serve as a trusted advisor to country teams and MoHs on HIV prevention topics and support them on developing country level strategies to achieve project goals, monitor progress and support course correction as needed.- Provide strategic and technical guidance to global and country teams in the context of regional and global developments and trends.- Collaborate with global HAP Prevention Managers, Clinical Sciences Team, Global Markets Team, Sexual and Reproductive Health Team, and other teams to provide technical assistance to CHAI country teams and MoHs on guideline revision, assessment and adoption of new products and delivery models, development and implementation of rollout and monitoring strategies, and helping to develop strategies to advocate for changes with key in-country opinion leaders.- As required, support development and implementation of operational research to develop evidence to inform effective scale-up of HIV prevention interventions and optimization of method mix.- Develop and inform materials such as product profiles, training materials, and job aides.- As required, support in-country activities, such as national and regional meetings and training activities.- Lead and support development and dissemination of knowledge products (e.g., abstracts, presentations, reports, concept notes, etc.) for engagements with donors and regional and global HIV prevention stakeholders- Build strong relationships across global and CHAI country teams, MoHs, and relevant external partners; foster collaboration, and elevate CHAI’s work as applicable.- Support and foster donor engagement.- Support and/or lead fundraising efforts for additional HIV prevention work as appropriate.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Closely collaborate with leadership to develop clear operational plans for execution- Build and maintain trust based relationships with the government and other stakeholders- Manage the integration and implementation of oxygen and related commodities to the supply management tools and systems, propose different options of an adapted Supply Chain Management strategy to optimize the distribution of oxygen cylinders and related commodities, as needed- Support the program in the development, coordination and implementation of trainings, conferences, and meetings- Design KPIs to monitor the oxygen and related commodities supply operations efficiency- Assist the development of programmatic reports by creating content, analyzing data, and synthesizing project activities- Provide technical and capacity building assistance to the government staff- Identify areas where support is needed, plan for and design the necessary programmatic support- Support the Program Manager to identify and bridge gaps pertaining effective implementation of the program’s priorities- Performs moderate to highly complex analyses and presents findings in a clear, concise manner- Other responsibilities as needed
- Serve as a trusted adviser to the Ministries of Health- Build strong relationships with stakeholders from government and partner organizations from public health and academia- Gather required information about COVID-19 diagnostic and treatment trends in multiple countries in Latin America- Support the Governments in Latin America on providing the right evidence to inform their decisions about the adoption of new innovative diagnostic and therapeutic tools- Work closely with regional technical teams and Regional Director to ensure the achievement of proposed outcomes- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI in external meetings as needed
Under the supervision of the Administration and Finance Manager, the Finance Administrator will be responsible for the following functions: Procurement & Contracting- Support the drafting, validation, and processing of agreements in liaison with Contracts Department- Support and overview the procurement process of goods and services- Define procurement specifications y conditions- Support drafting RFP and post Bids, if required- Select vendors (through Bid committee, if required)- Draft Pos- Overview POs execution- Support and overview Donation processing, including approvals- Overview contracts executions- Overview contracts/procurements payment requests through Boston AP- Keep the contract list up to dateFinance and Accounting- Prepare monthly cash flow forecast requests to Boston though regional finance- Prepare monthly cash flow requests to Boston though regional finance- Review cash advance requests from staff- Review expense reports from staff- Monitor staff cash flow statement and make monthly cash reconciliations- Review and verify all Payment Request of its accuracy of account code, unit costs, expense description, PID, GID in line with LAC Finance Manual- Review and submit documentation for payment transactions and ensure it has adequate supporting documents- Follow up, support and monitoring of programmatic payment requests.- Keep the payment list up to dateBudgeting and Budgeting Control- Support Projects budget for global team finance manager- Support annual budget and reforecast process, in respond to B&R Boston request- Ensure an appropriate use of the available budget- Review and correct monthly preliminary financials, in respond to Accounting Boston through the regional finance manager- Sort out monthly expenses of according to donor categories (Reporting Categories)- Prepare monthly budget control report- Draft financial reports for global team finance managers, on demandAdministration- Support teams to organize meetings and conferences, including coordination with external parties and organization on venues, food, transportation, etc. as needed- Ensure that appropriate arrangements for visitors are made, including pickups, hotel and air bookings, and other travel arrangements if needed- Administrative support to any other programmatic activity, if neededOther Responsibilities:- Any other finance/administrative support to any Covid programmatic activity, as needed- Perform any other administrative duty related to the work area assigned by the supervisor.
Under the supervision of the Regional Finance and Administration Manager, the Finance and Administration Senior Assistant will be responsible for the following functions: Procurement & Contracting- Support the acquisition of all expendable and non-expendable assets, ensuring that contract process and/or procurement is made according to the organization's rules and procedures with corresponding files on record.- Maintain the asset inventory register, to track their utilization and disposal.- Develop and maintain a vendor’s log and update as needed.- Maintain contracting and procurement documentation that is compliant with CHAI’s internal policies & procedures.- Keep the contract list up to date.Finance and Accounting- Ensure that all financial transactions are entered into QuickBooks accurately, using CHAI standard accounting framework, and on timely basis.- Maintain accuracy and integrity of the finance database, including the completion of approved CHAI monthly financial reports.- Responsible for adequate bank reconciliation.- Operation invoices payment processing.- Follow up, support and monitoring of cash flow statement (cash advance requests/expense reports); etc., and always adhering to the LAC Finance and Compliance Manual.- Prepare CHAI monthly financial reports and monthly reconciliations and submit to the Regional Financial Manager for approval.- Other accounting tasks as needed.Regional Office Administration- Maintain inventory and procure office supplies including consumables, stationery, equipment, cleaning supplies and others required.- Coordinate recurrent office services including cleaning, gardening, A/C maintenance, fumigation, others.- Supervise meeting room use.- Arranging post, deliveries, and printing.- Coordinate IT equipment checks, formatting, and disposal.- Make office payments including utilities and services.Other Responsibilities- Perform any other administrative duty related to the work area assigned by the supervisor.
As a Technical Advisor on the Incubator team, you will be responsible for:- Collating data on costs and effects of high-impact interventions, including through literature reviews, discussions with CHAI program and country teams, and engagement with external experts- Critically evaluating the strength of the evidence base for interventions, identifying data gaps and uncertainties- Conducting cost-effectiveness analyses to compare the impact of interventions per dollar spent and evaluate factors and uncertainties influencing conclusions- Synthesizing outputs both internally and externally through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications Skills We are seeking exceptional and highly-motivated individuals with a genuine desire to maximize global health outcomes. An ideal candidate will be described as: - Intellectually curious – You have a desire to dig deeper than the surface, asking questions like: Why does this intervention perform better than another? What does this new information mean for my current conclusions? How might this intervention look different in another country?- Analytical – You are comfortable independently analyzing quantitative and qualitative scientific information, conducting cost-effectiveness analyses and modeling approaches, and effectively extracting logical conclusions and recommendations. - Open – You are comfortable with candidly sharing what you know from your research, but more also, what you do not know, are unsure about or would need further expert support to uncover- Practical – You can balance multiple priorities, focusing on the aspects of research or topics that is most decision-critical for the team- Communicative – You can translate complex scientific or analytical findings terminology understandable for colleagues and decision-makers who may not have scientific backgrounds- Rigorous – You take pride in your work and have high-standards for what you produce, creating analysis that can stand up to the scrutiny of internal and external parties- Passionate – You are passionate about improving global health and will work with urgency towards achieving this goal
As a Program Associate, you will be responsible for:- Quantitatively modeling the impact of programs, combining independent research with inputs from CHAI teams and donor(s)- Collaborating with Donor(s) to align strategic framework and impact modeling- Presenting to senior CHAI leadership and donor organization(s) to share findings and solicit feedback on the identified programs of work- Overseeing pilots or country-level investigations of shortlisted programs Please note that these may change as the project evolves. Skills: We are seeking exceptional and highly-motivated individuals with a genuine desire to maximize global health outcomes. An ideal candidate will be described as: - Intellectually curious – You have a desire to dig deeper than the surface, asking questions like: Why does this intervention perform better than another? What does this new information mean for my current conclusions? How might this intervention look different in another country?- Insightful – You draw cogent conclusions from large amounts of analysis, sharing what is relevant for real-world challenges the Incubator team is trying to address- Independent – You are able to independently plan an efficient approach to solving complicated problems, proactively identifying and taking next steps to progress your work, reliably delivering on this plan and managing team expectations- Practical – You demonstrate judgement in how you allocate your efforts when balancing multiple priorities, focusing on the most decision-critical aspects and dynamically change these priorities in response to changing circumstances- Analytical – You are comfortable working with large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data and effectively extracting logical conclusions and recommendations from this analysis- Communicative – You can respectfully and effectively navigate varied and sensitive stakeholder environments, including in-country teams to senior donor executives- Rigorous – You take pride in your work and have high-standards for what you produce, creating analysis that can stand up to the scrutiny of internal and external parties- Passionate – You are passionate about helping improve global health as much as possible There is no ‘perfect’ candidate for this role. We are seeking dedicated and passionate individuals who want to make a difference in global health outcomes. Whatever your background, if this role excites you, please apply.
- Design & conduct strategic activities to improve early detection of children with disability for health worker and social worker with the required skills & trainings- Managing key activities to improve & integrate service delivery points/center for early child development program (child screening & interventional therapy), in health facilities or at schools/education programs, including AT services (repair & fittings).- Develop & perform strategic activities in the integration of play therapy into the existing child intervention platforms- Mapping national AT suppliers, & managing coordination, communication with key AT suppliers and distributors, relevant to the use of AT in early detection & early intervention programs- Develop monitoring & progress update of the three strategic programs, and execute mitigation strategy for the problems arise, in coordination with SPM & global team.- Conduct & manage engagement with key stakeholders (MoH, MoSA, DPOs and other relevant stakeholders) to implement & achieve key strategic goals.- Perform basic finance and administrative functions as needed under the guidance of finance team- Support SPM and global team in developing new innovative strategy in AT provision & disability policy.- Perform any other relevant works assigned by SPM and country leaderships.
- Provide health system expertise to CHAI country offices as they establish PPPs in selected Sub-Saharan African countries.- Direct CHAI staff on country and global teams on rigorous quality methods and diverse approaches and to drive the development of high-quality evidence to inform policy and PPP design.- Lead presentations and discussions with country governments (Ministries of Health and Finance) as well as with donor.- Facilitate and advise on negotiations and engagement with private sector bidders, on behalf of country governments to ensure value for money is achieved from the PPPs.- Drive evaluation of each country’s health system and analyze how PPP can improve quality of laboratory services, whilst increasing access, particularly among more marginalized groups.- Determine options for PPPs that deliver on national goals but are also affordable, and viable as business propositions for private sector providers.- Lead initial investment proposal for each country and play a key advisory role in each country’s in-depth feasibility study.- Advise country governments and CHAI country offices on potential procurement and legal pitfalls, support the design of a procurement and contracting process and workflow which maximizes the chance of receiving competitive bids and selecting a competent provider.
- Support CHAI country team, MOH, partners and targeted healthcare workers in the pursuit of adapting a point of use test card, for assessing the quality of chemotherapy drugs.- Collect qualitative and quantitative data to determine the market trend of chemotherapy products in Cameroon.- Implement post market surveys (PMS) of anti-cancer products in circulation in Cameroon using fast, reliable, affordable procedures like Spot-checks.- Develop a health and economic cost benefit analysis of instituting PMS on chemotherapy products for the country taking into consideration the impact on the health of patients.- Participate in the development and review of manuscripts for publication in peer review journals.- Collect relevant information to maximize access to scarce chemotherapy products and protect patient health in target health facilities.- Prepare preliminary analysis of data collected to guide leadership of investigators.- Collaborate closely with the team to proactively identify areas of opportunity as well as possible challenges and barriers to cancer treatment access.- Leverage strong analytical and problem-solving skills to accelerate progress towards the program’s milestones.- Provide additional technical assistance as needed in the areas of M&E, data management.- Prepare status reports and other required project update documents.- Prepares and submits relevant expense and activity reports within institutional timelines.- Carry out any other duties as may be required by CHAI leadership.