Click column header to sort
Key responsibilities of the Senior Associate include, but are not limited to:- Support the development and refinement of the Oxygen program’s strategic initiatives, ensuring ongoing alignment with the MOH strategic goals and priorities- Support Ministry of Health to ensure continuous availability of oxygen and necessary delivery systems in hospitals at all levels- Support the Ministry of Health to prepare for and deliver report and meetings necessary to the project as part of the capacity building of government staffs- Closely support other MOH departments in planning and implementation of activities highlighted in the National Oxygen Roadmap- Collaborate with internal CHAI teams to facilitate access to key information and stakeholders, provide updates, and leverage core competencies of the various CHAI teams- Leverage quantitative tools and platforms to conduct qualitative and quantitative exercises to ensure the availability, deliverability and accessibility to Oxygen in targeted facilities- Prepare analysis and build tools to support Oxygen investment case and refine the roadmap for Lao PDR when necessary- Manage ongoing and aupcoming procurement activities and lead communication and coordination with external partners, suppliers and vendors as necessary- Establish collaborative relationships with the MOH, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders- Support the team’s administrative tasks and other responsibilities as assigned by the manager- Manage daily tasks and responsibilities of other team members – Program Officer and Logistics Analyst
Rwanda health workforce priorities (~80%)- Develop new funding proposals and concept note narratives/presentations for the government to submit to targeted multi-lateral donors/bilateral donors/private foundations based on national health workforce strategies/plans- Scope new potential funders and develop engagement strategies and plans for the government of Rwanda; with particular focus on advising government on funder relationship and pitch development- Routinely update resource mobilization strategy for National Strategy for Health Professions Development and other priority government projects and support their implementation.- Conduct excel-based analyses of workforce staffing targets, training pipelines, and operational and intervention costing- Provide technical support to beginning phase of implementation for new priority health workforce projects, in support of the Government of Rwanda.- Engage with government stakeholders funding partners to advise on development of new funding opportunities through launch of implementation- Coordinate routine funding planning meetings and strategy sessions, developing meeting agendas/minutes and following up on tasks- Provide additional technical backstopping on priority health workforce projects as needed.Cross-country resource mobilization (~20%)- Contribute the development and implementation of an engagement strategy for potential funding agencies and technical partners.- Develop presentations, briefs, and other dissemination materials to advocate for investment in health workforce, including the health workforce investment case.- Assist with internal team knowledge management and organization particularly for resource mobilization, including management of the CHAI health workforce funder database.
Surveillance and Malaria Information System- Engage closely with CNM, other implementing partners – PMI, WHO, and regional/local CHAI teams to update the malaria surveillance guidelines and ensure the high quality of surveillance training delivered to the sub-national level;- Collaboratively work with CNM and WHO to implement the WHO surveillance assessment, identifying strengths and weaknesses of surveillance systems/processes and developing recommendations for updating surveillance guidelines and processes;- Provide technical support and coordination to the CNM-MIS team in upgrading the MIS system to enable efficient data capture from points of care, follow up with end-users to understand challenges around uploading electronic information, and troubleshoot, as required;- Manage ongoing tracking and prioritization of malaria data entered into the MIS system and operationalization of the surveillance guidelines, including providing support for other built-in application in the MIS such as Pv. radical cure, VWM quality assurance (QA), and Integrated Drug Efficacy Studies (iDES);- Proactively collect constructive feedback from MIS users and plan with the MIS team on improving the MIS system – identify potential challenges and roadblocks and developing contingency plansData Review and Visualization- Actively provide technical support to national and subnational CNM staff in capacity building on analyzing surveillance, case management, and iDES data to improve program implementation including preparing presentations, posters, and/or journals;- Conduct routine data review meetings by quantitative analysis of malaria trends, coverage, and impact at national and subnational levels to ensure high levels of data quality, document key recommendations, and create plans to address gaps;- Facilitate proactively with the CNM-MIS team to develop and improve the MIS Dashboards and data visualization tools;Strategic Guidance and Stakeholder Engagement- Serve as an active focal person for the CHAI country team to coordinate actively with WHO, other implementing partners, and the CHAI regional team to develop guidance and tools for malaria certification preparation, including subnational verification processes;- Proactively coordinate with WHO to develop a comprehensive plan for malaria prevention of re-establishment;- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Support establishing CHAI operations in the focus province.- Work together with the PSM team and province MOH team to identify and define the strategy for the province, developing and clear operations plan for executions.- Support the province MOH team to work with PFDU to ensure the nutrition commodities are integrated into the food and drug unit at each level across eLMIS and the system.- Support the provincial team to ensure the nutrition commodities have the ability to supply to all health facilities in Attapeu province.- Develops agendas, budget, training material and logistics. Travel schedule for a meeting within the focus province.- Support province staff to conduct routine monthly data analysis, target interventions, and responding to service gaps.lead initials gap in service delivery and strengthen Nutrition access to CN service within the province.- Prepare a compelling presentation for program updates and reports in English and Lao.- Collaborate with the government to ensure skills transfer to government ownership.- Develop strong working relationships with government stakeholders, internal partners, donors and INGOs. And ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort with the local province.- Continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact within the local province.
- Oversee the various workstreams in the global cancer programs, ensuring alignment with CHAI strategy and delivering for results- Seek out and develop new partnerships and potential sources of funding- Maintain external relationships with existing partners and donors- Oversee implementation of the current grant portfolio, ensuring delivery against targets and appropriate reporting and communications- Oversee a set of operational research projects, ensuring alignment with relevant ethical standards, programmatic objectives, and research quality- Provide senior level support to CHAI country leadership to advance key strategic priorities with Ministries of Health, such as increasing budget allocations for cancer medicines- Represent CHAI’s cancer program in external forums, to encourage movement towards evidence-based approaches that build on CHAI’s experience- Manage a high performing global team and support their professional development- Liaise with expert teams and relevant program teams across CHAI to strengthen program design and delivery- Oversee research, ideation, and concept development for new aspects of the program aligned to government priorities and programmatic need- Oversee the quality of proposals and technical deliverables- Represent the program to CHAI’s senior leadership- Lead the communication and advocacy agenda, including identifying opportunities for sector influence and leadership towards transformational change
- Working closely with stakeholders at NHA to design and implement an effective communication strategy for creating awareness about ABDM and onboarding healthcare professionals on HPR.- Supporting key NHA and state-level ABDM officials to identify and participate in medical conferences, workshops, and CME sessions to convey benefits of becoming a part of the ABDM ecosystem.- Regularly hosting webinars and conducting in-person workshops, in partnership with NHA’s HPR team, to conduct live demonstrations for HPR registration process and resolve queries raised by the participants.- Engaging professional bodies and associations of healthcare professionals to leverage their existing communication channels (sessions, newsletters, magazines, blogposts, and such others) for spreading awareness about ABDM among their members.- Working closely with communication and research partners to sharpen the articulation and methods of conveying the value proposition of ABDM to healthcare professionals.- Systematically monitoring progress, documenting, and distilling insights and reporting them to key stakeholders, as needed.- Exploring other innovative ways to reach out and engage healthcare professionals to enable them to participate in India’s digital health journey.
The Associate's key responsibilities will focus on multi-country support to strengthen Health Resource Tracking across Africa. The Associate will provide targeted technical support to country advisors working with government leadership in resource tracking, facilitate sharing of insights and knowledge across CHAI-supported countries, and develop global knowledge products. This will include: Thought Partnership and Capacity Building- Strategic guidance and thought partnership to develop a roadmap/approaches to institutionalizing resource tracking processes- Research (desk and interviews) to landscape resource tracking exercises- Capacity building for CHAI teams in resource tracking, to become a team topic expert in over time- Support to in-country advisors to build Ministry of Health capacity in health resource tracking (e.g., training) and to support institutionalization activities (e.g. resource mobilization)- Process Guidance and Country-Level Execution- Production of data collection tools and training materials for Health Resource Tracking, adapted to country context and use cases- Support in drafting checklists, guidelines, standard operating procedures, and other tools to support institutionalization- Technical support to CHAI teams as needed in data cleaning, aggregation, and validation; as well as data analysis and modeling- Development and/or review of concise resource tracking reports and dissemination products tailored to audiences and use cases, with strong attention to detail- Knowledge Sharing and External Dissemination- Facilitate cross-country knowledge sharing through organization and facilitation of virtual exchanges between governments CHAI is supporting in resource tracking- Contribute to development of externally-facing knowledge products (e.g., toolkits and templates, learning briefs) to contribute to practical guidance on resource tracking; as well as advocacy and communications materials such as conference presentations and case studiesThe Associate is anticipated to grow as a core member of our global team, providing technical support across countries based on needs and the individual’s interest and skills. This will include assisting in broader strategy and proposal development as well as contributing to donor reporting and externally-facing knowledge products across our health financing portfolio. Key responsibilities may include:Global Strategy and Multi-Country Support- Participate in global strategy planning, problem-solving discussions, and review of program outputs. Support drafting program updates, presentations, concept notes, and meeting plans, as needed.- Provide targeted technical support to global technical leads and country advisors working with government leadership in the design and implementation of health financing interventions and reforms, including through the production of written documents, presentations, data analysis, and models. These technical areas of support include but are not limited to: aid coordination/resource tracking, benefits package design, health insurance design and- provider payment reforms, financial management, and gender mainstreaming in health.Donor Engagement and Monitoring & Evaluation- Support the program planning and development cycles across global and country teams through the development of project management tools such as workplans and templates- Contribute to the development of funding proposals and the production of donor reports and other associated resources (e.g., slide decks, concept notes, one-pagers)- Support documentation of program progress and outcomes, including case studies that link work in health financing and systems to expansion of SRH accessKnowledge Production and Management- Support global team technical leads and country advisors to develop health financing knowledge products on key technical topics (as described above). These knowledge products will be utilized by a range of CHAI, government, and other external audiences, and include case studies, reports, toolkits, and publications.- Support and participate in the development and organization of regular knowledge exchanges between countries and partner governments in the form of in-person and virtual summits, meetings, and trainings.- Develop and maintain technical expertise in health financing, and stay abreast of key challenges.- Other responsibilities as requested by manager
- Provide overall coordination support in the implementation of CHAI program activities; facilitate communication among country team members, knowledge management, work planning, and communication with CHAI global teams.- Drive internal strategic planning and oversee the implementation of the program’s work plans, program operations, and the administration of grant funding including planning, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting progress to global teams and donors.- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning, proposal development for fundraising opportunities as needed.- Lead the drafting of high-quality technical documents, including but not limited to presentations, training reports, briefing notes, budgets, and national guidelines.- Lead in the development of innovative approaches and tools, as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices.- Play a leadership role within the CHAI PNG office, reporting progress and escalating issues to the Country Manager on a regular basis and providing visibility of program work for the broader office.- Liaise and build strong working relationships with various NDOH units, other government agencies, NGOs and international multilateral organizations, in order to avoid duplication of efforts and enhance health sector collaboration.- Provide secretariat support to various NDOH technical working groups, including developing agendas, presentations, meeting minutes, and be comfortable facilitating high-quality TWG sessions where needed.- Act as a facilitator for key relationships between governmental, donor entities, non-governmental organizations and health service delivery points.- Support broader advocacy and resource mobilization efforts based on national roadmaps and strategies relevant to CHAI programs, including drafting grant proposals, concept notes, presentations, and budgets.- Support routine program monitoring & evaluation activities and donor reporting,- Manage a team of highly skilled and experienced members, as well as manage technical resources to deliver programmatic activities and ensure optimal delivery including identifying and articulating further resourcing needs and leading recruitment of additional resources.- Be a role model and team player who demonstrates exceptionally high performance and harness the same from a diverse, talented, and dynamic team.- Proactively identify and address programmatic, team management and performance management matters that arise.- Promote effective communication within the program in order to ensure well-coordinated workstreams within the country office.- Work with the Country management team to refine CHAI PNG overall strategy with a focus on key program areas that are aligned with the NDOH goals.- Any other duties as assigned by the Country Manager.
Strategic Leadership and Program Management- Drive and oversee the development, initiation, execution, growth, and monitoring of new digital health programs at CHAI, with an initial focus on digital health for diagnostics, immunization, supply chain, and assistive technologies.- Set vision, strategies, and approaches, annual programmatic goals and targets, and mentor and support teams to work on ambitious but realistic goals.- Provide technical guidance and support for digital health programs, guide teams to resolve issues and mitigate risks, and support problem resolution to ensure implementation progress and delivery.- Work closely with leadership and staff on CHAI program and country teams to ensure cohesive team collaboration, alignment on goals and donor requirements, and drive towards collective impact.- Support teams in development, synthesis, and review of donor-related deliverables (e.g., annual meeting presentations, annual report, donor country visits), ensuring quality outputs while limiting impact on day-to-day work.- Lead on new initiatives – scope and explore the applications of technology in additional areas, develop concept notes, proposals, and budgets for internal and external audiences, and lead the initiation and execution of new programs as the team grows.- Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise in developments in digital health; Serve as a trusted, accessible advisor for the digital health team, CHAI leadership and teams, and external partners.- As part of the digital health leadership team, shape and advise on digital health strategy and objectives to increase the impact of CHAI’s work.Relationship and Partner management- Establish and cultivate relationships with CHAI teams – with leadership and staff in-country, and in program teams – to understand priorities and goals, inform and influence strategies on the use of digital health, and explore new workstreams.- Explore, develop, and manage partnerships with global and in-country digital health and/or data systems partners to collaborate on initiatives and inform CHAI activities and strategies.- Engage and manage relationships with funders interested in CHAI’s digital health work and visionTeam and People Management- Build and foster a motivated, results-driven, and dedicated team who can work across the organizational matrix to ensure progress towards digital health outcomes.- Manage and support the work of 3-5 Associates and Technical Advisors, providing regular ongoing technical guidance, coaching, and overall support to their growth and performance.- Set priorities for team to ensure sound work planning, technical project management and task completion; coordinate work activities with program and country teams.- Help to shape the culture and dynamics of the digital health team, foster team engagement, effectiveness, and cohesion across geographies and workstreams.- Make hiring and compensation decisions; support onboarding and recruitment of new CHAI staff working on digital health.- Role model the values and mission of CHAI.Operations and Financial Management- Oversee execution against program budgets, review and inform budgets and reallocations, and help draft financial reports for donors.- Maintain strong working relationships with CHAI’s operational teams, including finance, HR, and Safety and Security, to seek guidance and support where needed for the team’s work.
- Support development of a detailed commodity introduction and scale up plan, proactively seeking input from relevant stakeholders into the plan.- Work with MOH to coordinate partners to ensure adherence to and implementation of the introduction and scale up plan.- Support development and implementation of a monitoring, evaluation and learning plan for product introduction, including conducting field supervision visits, data collection, and data analysis of routine national and program data.- Support review of national service delivery guidelines, training materials and reference manuals to integrate new FP products.- Support/coordinate provider trainings and mentorships as required by closely working with MOH and district coordinators.- Develop and implement strategies to strengthen data management and supply chain systems at national, district and facility levels.- Support MoH in routine supply chain monitoring, review, analysis and utilization of data for programmatic decision making.- Creatively analyze and visualize data and develop presentations, progress reports, and other knowledge products to share successes and challenges met during product introduction and scale up.- Support Family Planning commodity annual quantification exercises as needed.- Work with MOHP and other stakeholders to identify available resources, analyze funding gaps and mobilize resources to fund national plan.- Coordinate closely with MOH and partners on product introduction taskforces and relevant TWGs. - Support the Program Manager in the development of work plans, reports and other program deliverables.- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.