The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI began work in Cameroon in 2007, with a focus on improving access to lifesaving HIV diagnosis, treatment, and care. CHAI helped the Ministry of Health to introduce and scale up pediatric and second-line antiretroviral therapy (ART) and improve laboratory systems to better diagnose the disease, including Early Infant Diagnosis (EID). Since then, CHAI has helped introduce point-of-care testing for HIV and innovative mobile health technology to improve turnaround time for EID results. We have helped to integrate EID, Viral Load (VL), and tuberculosis (TB) testing on one device, and we are working to increase access to newer and better medications for adults and children with HIV alongside the National AIDS Control Committee.
CHAI is also supporting the government in its efforts to save the lives of women and infants through mentoring of service providers and increasing access to long-acting contraceptives to help women safely plan their families. We have supported the government to introduce and scale up better treatment for severe malaria and are now helping to ensure that it is consistently available and properly used by help workers across the country. To ensure the potency and delivery of lifesaving vaccinations, we are helping the government to improve the country’s cold chain supply system and introducing new and improved vaccines for diseases such as cancer-causing human papilloma virus (HPV) and polio. Most recently, CHAI has been supporting the government to develop a system of universal health coverage that will enable the country to provide affordable, quality care to all.
Clinton Health Access Initiative, (CHAI) Cameroon is looking for a dynamic, energetic individual with exceptional people skills, highly qualified and experienced to support the efficiency and performance of vaccines cold chain in Cameroon through the Ministry of Public Health. We are keen to hear from people with above attributes
• Lead in supporting the MOH to Improve the efficiency and performance of vaccine cold chain in Cameroon.
• Support the EPI in the implementation of the CCEOP platform.
• Support the updating of the recently conducted Cold Chain Inventory (CCI) and facilitate its use for decision-making.
• Support identification of optimal new equipment, following full options appraisal including new technologies.
• Support the development of a robust maintenance system for cold chain equipment.
• Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices on vaccine cold chain improvement.
• Support the implementation of robust temperature management systems at all levels of the health system.
• Support the elimination of exposure to temperature excursions during transport.
• Provide technical support for development of new state of the art central cold chain facilities.
• Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact.
• Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scale-up, and develop innovative strategies to address them.
• Liaise closely with technical partners in government to monitor and evaluate interventions against objectives and targets, bringing in technical expertise when needed to ensure rapid implementation.
• Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort for successful implementation and scale-up.
• Support the Program Manager to develop and manage work plans, budgets, schedules and logistics plans for key activities.
• Perform other tasks as necessary.